[ADWD SPOILERS] Jon 5

Xray the Enforcer

What on earth is Jon doing?

I can understand where he is coming from but making himself responsible for the Wildlings is a massive mistake. Surely it is just going to cause dissent amongst the men of the Watch who have fought for years against the people that Jon wants to man the Wall with. He might need more men, but unless the Others can run up the Wall he should have similar odds to the defenders at Moat Cailin.

Also, has he forgotten that a number of the Brothers were sent to the Wall for the crime of rape? Who was it in ASOS who said that love is the death of duty?

Up until this point I believe Jon has been doing a fairly good job, but now...

... another interesting chapter, Jon's story is excellent so far!

I understand his need to man the wall, but I wonder what he has in mind to solve the food problem.

He seems to either have a very immediate type of thinking without considering the long term, or else just convinced that it will be useless to have food until spring when by mid-winter the wall is stormed by the Others.

I'm a little confused as the the chapters, it'd be nice if all posts had the page number as well but anyhow, is this the chapter where jon goes to

moletown?

if so then these spoilers aren't needed

Spoiler
How about the Thenns? Were I Jon i would have showed them some special respect, being the most organized group of Free Folk around and gone to them and talked personally. I do not trust them, what do you think is in store for em?

Spoilers aren't needed in that post. I guess we'll see some problems down the road with those Thenns, but nothing major (they can't be that many, and they probably don't want to die prematurely - they're people after all). Jon will have to assert his command, but he did that already with Slynt and I think he's growing used to it.

What on earth is Jon doing?

I can understand where he is coming from but making himself responsible for the Wildlings is a massive mistake. Surely it is just going to cause dissent amongst the men of the Watch who have fought for years against the people that Jon wants to man the Wall with. He might need more men, but unless the Others can run up the Wall he should have similar odds to the defenders at Moat Cailin.

Also, has he forgotten that a number of the Brothers were sent to the Wall for the crime of rape? Who was it in ASOS who said that love is the death of duty?

Up until this point I believe Jon has been doing a fairly good job, but now...

... another interesting chapter, Jon's story is excellent so far!

How many girls actually came with him though? Spearwives are a different breed of woman, if you to rape one, then it means your ass is pretty much dead. There will probably be dissention though. I think that is the worst of his worries.

I'm wondering how he will feed them though, unless i'm mistaken, game is pretty scarce right now.

Also when the people pushed over that woman, and it started to get a bit out of hand, was anybody reminded of the Riot in ACOK?

• 3 weeks later...

What the hell is he doing :worried:

His brothers may as well turn against him because of that move.

I don't trust the Thenns one bit, they are probably plotting against him already.

I'm worried about that too!

I really liked that the wildlings carved the trees to show they still had reverence for their gods. Melisandre should realize that it's pretty hollow to force people to convert. It's not that easy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
What is the significance of the number 63?

In this chapter, there are 63 wildlings who come over to the Wall. In the previous chapter (Reek 2), there are 63 ironborn who are killed and put to the stake on the road to Moat Caillin.

I noticed that too. I wonder if GRRM wastrying to contrast the styles of leadership. Ramsey uses his 63 to torture and kill when they might have bent the knee and worked for him. Jon uses his 63 to help man the wall and gives them work and food. I thought it was so cool the way he did that-I had to go back to the previous chapter and check to see if I had the number right.

• 1 month later...

What ship crashed on Skagos?

Probably Salla's when Davos left for White Harbor?

My biggest concern here is definitely the food. They've got to work something out in that department because when you're hungry, who knows what you'll do?! Certainly reminiscent of the riot in King's Landing.

• 3 weeks later...
I really liked that the wildlings carved the trees to show they still had reverence for their gods.

I know we are led to believe that the wildlings are responsible for the tree carvings based on Jon and Edd's conversation, but did anyone else have the feeling that there may be something supernatural surrounding the sudden appearance of weirwood faces? When we were first told of it, I immediately thought of Bran and that Weirwood Treeroot Dude (Three-eyed Crow?). Maybe the elf chick (child of the forest) has something to do with it as well. When is Bran's third chapter? Hehe..

• 2 months later...

Okay, I had a hard time accepting that Jon would be elected as Lord Commander, but if his brothers actually put up with what he is doing with the wildlings I'm gonna lose it. Now that Stannis is gone, Ifind myself dreading the chapters on the Wall. Something about them just seems off to me. Too bad, because I'm really enjoying the rest of ADWD so far.

Okay so in this chapter Stannis leaves the Wall for Deepwood Motte.

He arrives in Deepwood Motte in the 27th chapter of ADWD : The Wayward Bride, which is the first Asha chapter of ADWD, which also occured after the Second Reek chapter of ADWD. We know that the second Reek chapter must have occured after the 4th Cersei chapter of AFFC. Which errant bard estimates occured on the 8/03/300

So if we can figure out when this chapter occurs.

We may then be able to guess when chapter 27 of ADWD occurs.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been thinking... Mel is always at Staniss' side, so why would she choose now to leave him?

- I think she knows that he is not Azor Ahai and that is why she is staying with Jon because she thinks he is Azor Ahai

- However i could be wrong and she could be staying because she doesnt want to upset the clans that staniss seeks out

Archived