[ADwD Spoilers] Updating the Citadel

Linda

I was wondering whether there should be a section on the Hooded Man in Winterfell in the hidden identities section of the FAQ for when it gets to be updated. Even if the HM is noone special it very much seems to be a frequently asked question.

• 3 months later...

What are we going to do with Selmy's discussion that Aerys' true love was Tywin's wife? Is this heading towards confirm of the Tyrion is hidden Targ theory?

Thank you. I am vindicated. Although this has nothing to do with this thread. Sorryl

Edited by Beathag

Azor Ahai prophecy (said by Melisandre)

Possibly: Red star bleeds - the sigil of Patrek of King's Mountain

Darkness gathers - it's in the Night's Watch oath.

Smoke - from Jon's wound in the cold

Salt - Bowen Marsh's tears.

Caveat: The character's name and sigil comes from a sports bet of Martin, so it might just be a huge coincidence.

The snowmelt from the Wall tastes like tears -- to either Jon or Sam.

Could mod put these two posts together?

Edited by Beathag

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think (f)Aegon is Varys and Illyrio's primary piece in the game with Dany being an afterthought that blossomed into something else. The eggs were a mere token of her marriage to Drogo, which would hopefully lead to the screamers Viserys wanted. Obviously all dashed in AGoT, but (f)Aegon is clearly groomed for his role, albeit properly, by the Spider and Cheesemonger. Dany is the PwwP, Azor Ahai reborn, I just wanna know what the proper Lightbringer sword will be, Dawn perhaps?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Reading through the dreams/prophecy sections. Shouldn't we consider Bran's ability to interact with the past in some visions (helping Jon warg, for example)? I mean, didn't Ned show signs of hearing Bran's words in one of the weirwood sights?

Absolutely, although people seem to just skip over that part and then go on to believe every single vision ever read. C'mon people. Eddard heard Bran-yes it was the past. Why in anyone's mind is seeing only associated with the future?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

PROPHECIES: We've already started adding in prophecies from ADwD, but take a look at the page in a day or two and see if we've missed any. We're also going back and adding D&E prophecies.

I've always felt this Prophecy page could be a lot better:

I: 136-137 - The Storm, the Giant, the Heart of Winter

In light of the adjacent chapters to Bran's falling dream, he seems to be seeing realtime events, and people, with prophetic elements superimposed upon them.

Relevant Chapters (AGOT):

Chapter 15 - Sansa I

Chapter 16 - Eddard III

Chapter 17 - Bran III

Chapter 18 - Catelyn IV

Chapter 19 - Jon III

The part of the essay I find most questionable is the discussion of the three shadows surrounding Bran's family at the Trident. Sandor Clegane is of course the first. But Jaime doesn't make sense as the second, as he's already accounted for in the dream, and Bran, rather than think him beautiful, is terrified of him. The third shadow as Ser Gregor also makes no sense, as he has no bearing on the Starks, and is not present at the Trident. My analysis of these three shadows is here.