[ADWD SPOILERS] Tyrion 11

Xray the Enforcer

A great escape by Tyrion and it shows he never loses his wits in any situation. I knew he did something to Nurse because of the debts comments but didn't realize he used the mushrooms.

I'm glad Jorah is along too and Brown Ben Plumm is turning out to be good for something.

• 1 month later...

Awesome chapter, I'm really glad to see Tyrion taking control of his life again! I'm also relieved to hear Jorah talking again with his old attitude; for a while, I was worried that the old Jorah was completely crushed after he found out about Dany's marriage. There's hope for him yet, and I hope he can pull himself together by the time Dany returns...I'd hate for her to see him in this state. I'm not sure where Penny's place is going to be once Tyrion joins the Queen's force / Brown Ben Plumm, but was glad to read how Tyrion thought she was a lot like the old Sansa. It's so true. Even though Penny's traveled a lot, she still lived with a very naiive and insular mindset, protected by her father and brother's words.

I'm also hoping that once Tyrion joins, maybe we will learn more about Missandei. I don't know if she's really one of the Children of the Forest, but there's definitely something special about her. Dany's ability to understand others is terrible, so I'd like to see what Tyrion thinks about her favorite servant. She may not be one of the Children of the Forest but she hears and senses things that are not voiced. She heard the Astapori scratching at the walls of Meereen, even though this was not possible. The Astapori were sick and really wanted to get in, their flux infected Meereen anyway despite the wall separation. Without even being in Dany's bedroom, which I assume is very large based of descriptions of the Pyramid, she "heard" her queen crying. Dany wasn't actually crying, but inside she was terribly sad. It's weird that Missandei can sense these things...

Nice pick-up there ipsuel, I'm annoyed at myself for missing it.

After also missing the Lord Manderly 'rat-cook' and Mance references in an earlier Theon chapter I'm beginning to doubt my powers of perception and comprehension.

Thankfully there are these forums so I can allow others to do my thinking for me.....

This was an easy thing to miss. I almost did too, but I found the mushroom comment odd, so I just happened to read it a few times. I probably read it 5 times before I realized what it meant. It is easy to miss stuff in this series if you are impatient. At the rate things progress, it is hard not to be impatient...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This was an easy thing to miss. I almost did too, but I found the mushroom comment odd, so I just happened to read it a few times. I probably read it 5 times before I realized what it meant. It is easy to miss stuff in this series if you are impatient. At the rate things progress, it is hard not to be impatient...

Haha I had to read the paragraph several times, too until I understood. Got suspicious with the "debt"-line and then reread until I recognized the mushroom as an ingredient. They have been mentioned so many times but usually I'm in a mental fast-forward-mode when reading food descriptions...

I wish Tyrion would have seen Drogon, though. That was a bit of a shame.

• 2 weeks later...

So ridiculous as to how many posts here are about Nurse and Mushrooms with the way more intriguing possibility of what Ben Plumm is gonna bring to the Dragon situation.

THAT is the biggest thing to take place -- Dany can't do it alone... Now she has someone familiar with Dragon -lore [Tyrion] and Dragontaming [ben Plumm] on her doorstep.

And given that my assumption is her marriage is going to be brief and over soon enough -- perhaps this is a bigger turning point than you all mushroom lovers are focusing on.

• 2 weeks later...

I need to see Tyrion on a dragon. I'm getting impatient. That would be so cool. Then, to get on a dragon, he needs the help of Ser Barristan to get into the pit where they are kept. I suppose he could get the help of the guards surrounding the dragons. He needs to go into the area with the dragons with someone they trust. I'm thinking Ser Barristan or Ben Plumm. Then, there are Dany's maids. The dragon would trust them, but I don't know if they would be willing to walk into an area with fire-breathing dragons. Still, they tended the dragons when they were little so the dragons are likely to trust Dany's maid more than anyone else.

• 1 month later...

I totally missed that the mushrooms in the soup were Tyrion's poison ones. I suspect he killed Nurse as a mercy? Although I'm not sure why that was him "paying his debt."

I think he needs Nurse out of his way to sneak into the camp of the Second Sons.

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding getting Tyrion onto a dragon... don't forget very early on in GoT, he has those plans to make a saddle for Bran to ride a horse, based on his own saddle allowing him to ride.

Maybe it was purely to drive Brans plot along.. or maybe it'll resurface when Tyrion needs to get on the back of a Dragon.

I think it was mainly to show that Tyrion is a compassionate person.

• 1 month later...

I think a name for the disease is "pale mare" because even though Quiathe tell's Dany, "Beware of the pale mare," in this chapter Tyrion tells Brown Ben that Yezzan is riding the pale mare. And I don't see how he could have known that a pale mare arrived in Meeren w/ the flux.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also surprised to how little discussion there is about Ben Plumm here. I thought Tyrion was going to make a Young Griff-esque reveal that he was someone from Westeros that we know from before. Especially when he started to make the "dragon blood" connection.

Awesome lines from Jorah here too. "The peacock calls himself Kasporio the Cunning, though Kasporio the Cunt would be more apt." :lol:

Shagga! I have hope that we may have at least one more manhood/goat comment by the end of the series.

• 4 months later...

Great chapter and very happy to see Tyrion getting back to being Tyrion. I'm curious as to how his story will intersect with Dany's. He can be a great use to her, but my concern is that Dany has been such an awful judge of character that she will just hear Lannister and not listen to any of the good advice and guidance that Tyrion could provide to her. Dany also seems to judge people by their looks rather than their actual character. I guess that's still her immaturity.

She also wants to kill Ben Plumm so I don't know how you get past that issue as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I doubt [hope] that Dany doesn't easily accept Tyrion though. She hated the Starks [even though we all know they are "good"] so I doubt that the Lannister name will be any easier to cope with. I for one don't want Tyrion as one of the three heads of the dragon. I like him but he's a Lannister and I want them as far away from the Iron Throne as possible.

I also didn't realize about the mushrooms but I had forgotten about them several times since he's had them. I noticed that little paragraph and had to read it a few times to understand that he aided in killing him but still wasn't able to connect the dots.

Also I'm a bit confused on Ben Plumm. I expected a reveal but got nothing. House Plumm?

I want Tyrion to help Dany with her war but then die/go away. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

But we know about Lynesse (Jorah's ex-wife); she's with some "king" or whatever, in some of the free cities. Details don't seem to matter much.

I'm also confused with Ben Plumm. He's just another sellsword, much like Bronn. No doubt he's got more wits than average, and that's why he's the captain of the Company. Anyway, dragons do like him. Why?

Every chapter I read, I'm surer that Tyrion is Aeris' son. Tywin was clear to hate him, and I guess not only for being a dwarf. Tywin was always trying to bugger Tyrion.

Remember the battle about the Trident? Tyrion was sent with his clansmen to face Bolton's van, in order to be swept and let the others bite the bait. When he they stand the place, unawares of the plan, his only recognition is beeing told to have screwed it up.

Then, when holding KL against all odds, his prize was the sewage.

And when Tyrion reminded is right to Casterly Rock's lordship, than enraged Tyrion above any logic. He swore he'd never have it.

My guess: Tyrion's father was Aeris. Tywin conceals the fact because, oddly, he seemed to love his wife (must be the only person he loved!)

Clues. Dragons don't get ill. Jon Connington got the greyscale when he soaked his hand to take Tyrion out of the river. Tyrion drank the river and didn't notice. He also seems inmune to the flux and any other illness. The more serious thing he suffers from is some occasional hangover and, even that is not to serious for such a heavy drinker of hs size, har.

Oddly, he got on specially well with Jon, even though they didn't know they are uncle and nephew, har. I guess he designed Bran's chair just to please Jon.

Anyhow, he's sure to turn the company ever to Danaerys and go and ride a dragon. I thought the third one was Penny's, but that fever of hers lets me guessing,....

Archived