[ADWD SPOILERS] Jon 12

Xray the Enforcer

• 3 weeks later...

I thought the biggest indicator that the horn that was burned isn't the horn of Joramun, was precisely because of that… it was burned. Surely something as powerful as the a horn that can topple The Wall can't simply be burned away in flames. When that happened I seriously questioned its authenticity, so I believe Tormund is not lieing. I'd forgotten about the horn with the dragonglass, so that furthers that claim.

Which book did they discover the dragonglass? I need to re-read methinks :/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In his drew Jon kills a gaunt man with filed teeth-could it be Theon?

This Jon chapter continues with the previous ones in having something that cracks me up. This time it was Edd's line. "Place was overrun with rats when we moved in. The spearwives killed the nasty buggers. Now the place is overrun with spearwives. There's days I want the rats back."

• 1 month later...

I wondered if it was lightbringer as well but I didn't like the image of him being armed by black ice...that doesn't sound good.

Regarding the black ice, it may not have to be bad! In my mind at least, the black ice sounds like Jon is wearing armor of dragon glass / obsidian. Which is perfect to fight the Others! And it seems like defeating the Others is the destiny of Azor Ahai reborn. Since Dany has dragons, hopefully they'll be able to train them and forge new dragon steel and....I have no idea how dragon glass is made. But if possible maybe they can make more too!

It really disturbed me to hear of how bad the situation at Hardhome is, especially knowing that Jon probably sent 11 ships to their death, in a futile mission. Apparently the wildlings there DID find out that the previous Lyseni ships were slavers. It sounds like the crows are stuck on their ships, it worries me that they'll run out of food...and the Wights being in the water, still "alive" and reaching for them is really disturbing. That, and how the wildlings are eating their own dead. I don't know what I would have done in a starvation situation...probably commit suicide before I eat another person. Find a way to get rid of my body so others don't eat me too...

Edit:

Another thing occurred to me just now....with the way blood magic and R'hllor seems to work, everything comes at a(n equal?) cost. Azor Ahai had to give up his love to create Lightbringer. So...what is that precious thing that Jon would have to give up if he is the one who wields Lightbringer? However, if he is Azor Ahai then who is Dany? Or maybe since the "dragon has three heads", there is no ONE "prince that was promised", but three?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very bad feeling heading into the final Jon chapter. I love Tormund, everyone in this thread seems to love Tormund, Jon thinks of Tormund as a friend, and Melisandre has already told him that it will be someone he trusts who is the dagger in the dark. I hope I'm wrong.

• 6 months later...

I always feel like I'm in the minority with my opinions aha. I don't like the Wildlings much or even care for Jon Snow. I found his journey to Lord Commander was amazing though.

I was on edge throughout the whole chapter expecting some little outburst to start some kind of fight between the two.

Hopefully things at Hardhome get resolved with some progress.

• 4 weeks later...

Right after he screams he's Lord of Winterfell...The gnarled hand seized Jon roughly by the shoulder. He whirled...and woke with a raven pecking on his chest. (3EC?)

Found this very interesting as well...

The skinchanger stopped ten yards away. His monster pawed at the mud, snuffling and Jon thinks it means to charge and Borroq suddenly calls Jon "brother" (bran)?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When Borroq stopped in the tunnel and turned, he said "brother" Do you think he was saying brother because he recognized Jon as a skinchanger?

Yes, I thought that too.

Although I am slightly bemused that Jon was so stunned to hear the news. I thought he had the same suspicion I did, since he sent the cloven horn with Sam to Oldtown (if I'm not horribly mistaken).

I think Jon's confused as well, about which horn does what. Sam's got one, Mance's got one. Jon, like us, is not sure which is which. Or indeed if there are more. He doesn't know about Euron's, and we think Euron's relates to dragons, but again, no one's really sure. Until you try them, you don't know if they really work...

Dead things in the woods... dead things in the water... these are ominous words. Wildlings being observed and harassed on their way South to the Wall.... The Others are definitely moving their pieces, I wonder if they have a strict plan, or are just moving South with the winter.

Tormund is indeed awesome. He is a bad-ass, but clearly loves his sons, and grieves for the ones who died. Tormund is a loyal guy who I am sure will end up protecting Jon Snow from a Black Brothers rebellion if it happens.

Like Dany, Jon has a lot of things to handle all at once, not easy being a leader at that age.

• 11 months later...

Great Chapter. Jon's dream/nightmare - lots to think about. The raven saying his full name - I'm guessing Bran's responsible. Then there's the Horn of Joramun. I too believe it's the one Jon gave to Sam (and yes, Sam still has it). I found a thread created for the Horn, titled "The Horn of Joramun...found?" so I will post more about it there.

Archived