[ADWD SPOILERS] The Griffin Reborn

Xray the Enforcer

Yes

I just realized, that in a previous Cersei chapter, there was a remark about Stannis building up forces in the Stormlands, and she disregards it entirely.

I just realized that Aegon and the GC were said "merc company". Durrr...

This is completely true, a report brought in news of mercenary companies landing in the stormlands but Cersei puts it to be Stannis gathering more forces. What she fails to realize is Storm's End hasn't had contact with Stannis since he sailed North. But she was set to fail from the time she sent Kevin Lannister away from King's Landing. Had he stayed the mercenaries may have come upon a different fate and Aegon wouldn't ride again.

• 1 month later...

One thing that got me wondering.. the halfmaester found a lot of parchments in the maester's quarters, and from that he gets a lot of information about almost all the areas of Westeros (all but the Vale apparently).

I wonder if all the maesters across the land build up this massive data base of events, or was it just this one? It's a minor castle after all, yet seems to get a lot of news. So do you think all the castles in the land (and there must be hundreds if not thousands of those at least as big as Griff's Roost) keep an equivalent pile of parchment data? Imagine the number of ravens necessary to keep everyone up to date. Mind-boggling.

I find that quite interesting.

• 1 month later...

Aegon is definitively going to spill a lot of blood in the Siege of Storm´s End. I was surprised with the fact that I approved of the HalfMaesters notion of pairing up with Stannis. I guess I have a thing for that guy. I wish we could know more about Aegon though. I like that guy, I dont care about his quick temper or delussions of greatness. He is the son of one of the greatest knights ever, and he has to live up to that name.

Did not catch that Jon was gay. Good observation!

Archived