[ADWD SPOILERS] The Dragontamer

Xray the Enforcer

• 7 months later...

Quenten Lives!!

I've made this argument before on other threads but not this one, so here goes.

I think it was the Tattered Prince that died in Danys bed. No way would his sword shields have let him die alone in a foreign place, they followed him into the Dragon Pit yet didn't pitch a fit about being with him as he died?

Quentens clothing, gloves and hair burned, like Danys but he was still able to jump on Rhagal and fly away.

Per George, Danys firewalking was a unique and one time thing. Targs can be burned by fire or other means.

Its Dragonfire that they have an immunity or high tolerance of. But I think you have to have the blood and the balls / will to overcome it

Q is currently living at the pyramid Rhagal chose to inhabit because he, like Dany, cannot control his dragon. Once his friends leave Danys place, which has already been arranged by Barristans' deal, they will go to the pyramid and be reunited with Quenten.

I was really pumped to see the dragons free! Dany really neglected them in aDwD, as her children and potential weapons. Now if they can just burn the fleets and yunkai camps...

Im in the camp of quentyn may yet live. Him actually burning isnt mentioned after the candle or the dragonfire. Although that still leaves too many suitors for dany. But i think shell go with the two remaining targs (jon and aegon) if that does end up being the case.

• 3 months later...

I never know what to think about the deads in this book! Sometimes they died sometimes they don't died and sometimes they died but they resurrect! :-) However, there no way that GRRM will create a character just to let him died like this without any other impact! I mean, either he is not dead or his dead will have importance later. Like, perhaps Dorne decide to not joint to Dany's cause later or something. I don't know but I don't believe that it is just it! GRRM do not create pointless characters. Anyone could free the dragons... It was not necessary to kill a dornish prince to do that!

• 1 month later...

I think the point of Quentyn was to free the dragons. It doesn't seem like much but at the same time we got to know a bit more about various Essosi places and people, and the armed companies for hire. For those who say he was pointless, well, that's the prerogative of the storyteller - characters die, places get abandoned, people move on. Doesn't make them pointless, they advanced the story in some way and make the whole story what it is.

• 8 months later...

I think Quentyn's role is critical. I think Doran dies. Arianne ends up sending a force to Essos. Selmy will try to rectify with no success. Arianne is not as diplomatic as Doran. She'll want blood for her brother. This will also push Dorne to support Aegon as the true Targaryen whether he is real or not.

• 4 months later...

Selmy said" The boy seem to be sober." But that was the most idiotic thing he could have done trying to tame a savage wild animal that happens to breathe fire over an old wives tale Targaryens are fire proof .If Targaryens were fireproof they wouldn't burn their dead. The boy would have come off better stealing her in the night .

• 5 months later...

Archived