[ADWD SPOILERS] Epilogue

Xray the Enforcer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And just like that, Varys reappears...and with a body count. This just keeps getting more interesting.

Loved all the kitten/tomcat references. It does make us think of Arya. I would highly doubt that she is in KL, but I supposed Bran could be warging from his vantage point north of the wall. Every time an animal or tree seems to communicate at all, I wonder if it's Bran.

• 2 weeks later...

Hm.. well, this probably is not the place, but seeing as how this is the "epilogue", I must say that I feel this book has not tied off as many loose ends as I thought it would. Since AFfC and ADwD happened mostly simultaneously, I thought by the end of this book, we would have everything back in a similar spectrum with the previous 3 books, but there is still so many plot areas to consider when TWoW rolls around. I guess it is reasonable to expect these numerous plot lines to merge by the end of TWoW leading up to the finale in ADoS.

What do you guys think in terms of this? Better yet, I can now look at the ADwD main forum to check out what people have to say there.

• 2 weeks later...

I do admit that Pycelle lasted alot longer in the series.

Varys. So this confirms that he wants a Targaryen back on the throne. Was Viserys and Dany a feint so Aegon can grow up undetected? I don't think anybody expected that Dany would hatch 3 dragons. Or was Aegon always option b?

Its not like Plan B , but i think they needed more opstions and in fact Aegon is the real and true heir, and he would need a queen for him, so i think Dany would be his queen. Varys knew about the dragons because Iliryo gave her the egss, and varys knew all that iliryo was doing.

Well, first I joined this forum today and thats is why I'm posting so much , sorry about that but it's been a long time since i've been looking for a plance to talk about this books =]

Now talking about Arya and her skinchanging, it's become clear to me that she knows they are not dreams, when she says she nows about the snow in Westeros, and when she sees her atacker trough the eyes of the cat... don't anyone remeber this?

She and Bran might be watching all ovevr westeros, and I also believe that all animals are Bran now LOL like in the WoW chapter th birds aying "theon greyjoy" and the tree in Winterfell says that too.

I wonder.. can Bran Warg inside a Dragon?

• 4 weeks later...

When Varys said: "For the realm, for the children", I immediately thought COTF, but it does seem far fetched... Yet why did he say "for the children" equaling them with the realm? Didn't know he had a soft spot for kids...

Loved the black cat bit, foretelling the impending doom closing around the Lannisters, as well as the description of the Iron Throne being "crouched like some great black beast" in the shadows, that was cool

Something about this chapter really bothers me and I can't quite put my finger on it. Bother probably isn't the right word, I loved the epilogue and never saw it coming. A couple of Important points just keep floating around in my head and I dont know if it means anything or not, probably not, but I wanted to kick the idea around a little bit anyway. I think one of the most important points of this chapter was to declare winter is here, it's happening. Along with that Varys the spider has the power in KL and through that the realm. The White walkers are said to ride giant spiders and I can't help but think there is some relation to The realm being in the full throw of winter whilst the spider appears to have all of the power. Varys always claimed to act for the good of the realm, but I dont remember him ever qualifying what the good of the realm really is. From who's perspective does he act for the good of the realm. Could Varys be one of the others? Probably not

• 2 weeks later...

When Varys said: "For the realm, for the children", I immediately thought COTF, but it does seem far fetched... Yet why did he say "for the children" equaling them with the realm? Didn't know he had a soft spot for kids..

"and in their hands, the daggers" not in their hands they had daggers but THE daggers.. the same obsidian daggers the COTF gave to the nights watch....

• 2 weeks later...

The only 'normal' Lannister, as far as I know. Why did he have to go? The Tyrells will be in charge of Kings Landing now, and I believe the Tyrells and Littlefinger are close friends. Wondering if Littlefinger and Varys are playing together.

Am I the only person who wonders whether Varys really is a eunuch? He makes himself out to be all about the realm, and tells Ned about being cut, and how he hates magic (but wants Daenerys with her dragons back?)... but then in this epilogue it has his voice deepening. And he can imitate a deep voice when he's pretending to be a soldier, as well as having stubble--not a beard, but stubble, which seems like it would be tough to do with medieval makeup.

I just wonder if in all of his ability to act, to put on disguises, etc., if Varys the eunuch isn't simply one more disguise.

also, he is described to have " a powdered face" ...this would also explain why nobody notices that his face is clean-shaved (which would be different than a face that beard just never grew on it)

so, we're left with the "being cut" issue..the "cock sacrificing mage" story, does sound a bit ridiculous, but on the other hand noone has ever seen him naked or with men/women in an intinmate way..so he may be "asexual" (some people just have a low to non existing sex-drive..especially if they're powertripping) or even a childmolester (little birds, the only ones to have "known" his true self)

• 1 month later...

I did like Kevan... but GRRM has said a million times that it doesn't matter who is a good guy and who is a bad guy, if it is necessary for the story for that character to die, die he/she will! Kevan definitely needed to die to stir things back up in King's Landing. And who better to do the deed but Varys? He's such a great character.

The little children thing.... I think he did mean the COTF now that I've read what some of you have said. But I originally took it as the Targaryen children that were brutally murdered by the Mountain. He declared himself for the Targaryens, so I took it to mean that he was avenging their deaths. It's Varys, he probably meant it both ways.

I cannot wait for the next installment. I better see Jon Snow coming back. And I really want to see what's going on with Sansa/Littlefinger.

• 1 month later...

The Gods in this series are mostly some existing beings..... and not just mental make-ups, I feel

Old Gods = Greenseers like Blood Raven and Winged Wolf (Bran) = Starks, Wildlings and Children of Forest...

Against Seven Faces of God, but Reconciled.... Against ?

Communication - Weirwood, Warging through ravens and animals

Great Other = ? Others Against All Men

Communication - wights

Drowned God = ? with Ironborn Against Storm God

Communication - Sea

Him of Many Faces = Littlefinger :) With Faceless Men Against Oppressors

Communication - Death, Nature

Rhollor = ? with Red Priests and Converted Kings Against Great Other

Communication - Fire, Flames, Light

What was the logic behind bringing Khal Drogo's Army in Westeros ?

It would have clashed two civilizations seperated by Nature (CoTF and Narrow Sea).

I also read somewhere in books that Varys was filling ears of The Mad King.

Is Varys truly for Targs ?

I doubt it. And what was Rhaegar's plan about making changes in the Council as per Jaime's POV in AFfC , befor going to fight on Trident ?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived