[ADwD Spoilers] What Bran Sees

Hey everyone! I know this isn´t highly discussed anymore, but I wanted to add my thoughts about the visions and BR.

Although I kinda fell in love with the thought that the things Bran sees may not be going straight back through history but might be a mix of events from the past and the future (which would give you tons of new ideas who the pregnant lady is, too!) I sadly feel that this is not the case since the trees around the weirwood grow smaller and vanish whilst new ones show up. I´m pretty sure that this is GRRM telling us this goes waaayyy back.

A little off topic but I just got into BR and I kinda want to state this: Pretty early in this thread several people stated that he didn´t ever really do anything with his powers. I´m not so sure. Seems to me the Old Bears raven is the smartest one there is. Bran seems to be capable to say things through him we haven´t heard of the raven before. BUT we have heard the raven squawk around way before Bran ever reached BR. Exept the fact, that BR obviously used his powers to reach out to Bran in his dreams (who knows whether he´s not done that with several other people, give them ideas through dreams??) I think i remember that raven being a not unimportant part in the selection of the new LC when Jon was chosen. Who says that this was not BR? Isn´t it possible that eversince that raven learnt the word "Snow" it was BR trying to tell the people on the NW that Jon is somewhat important?

I´m not so sure whether he was the pale youth though...

• 1 year later...

The trees are shrinking [getting younger] as Bran's visions are going further back in time. I wonder if the blood sacrifice was the very first "memory" of the tree he was looking through, if the blood sacrifice is what "activates" a weirwood tree. If they weren't continued South of the Wall, that may explain why there never seem to be new ones there.

I definitely think you're on to something here! Good thinking.

Archived