Major League Baseball

Paxter

Continuing on from the last thread...

As much as I hate saying this, Brian Wilson is a really funny dude. I like this guy.

YW

Yeah, BW's throwaway remark about the Braves needing to sign Brian McCann was probably the best thing about the All-Stars game (Bautista's awesome catch aside).

Well the Mariners just got totally destroyed. Its a good thing I'm not too concerned about winning a lot of games, although it is nice to at least be competitive. We're now 8 1/2 games out.

its depressing.

I was witness to this. He also singled out the Yankees, comparing them to his hatred for the Cowboys.

I went to the Reds/Cards today. It was nice to see us take 2 of 3 from the dirty Redbirds. Homer Bailey had a great outting, Brandon Phillips had some outstanding defensive play and the AAA call-up Zach Cozart got his first major league home run. Gives me some hope for next 70+ games

Ubaldo Jiminez to the Yankees?

As a Yankee fan I'm not sure how I like it, it looks like the second coming of Jeff Weaver to me...

This Sox/Rays game is unreal, I had Josh Beckett pitching tonight needing to get a W for fantasy purposes. Ususally 8 innings of one hit ball gets that done, but not tonight.

Ubaldo Jiminez to the Yankees?

As a Yankee fan I'm not sure how I like it, it looks like the second coming of Jeff Weaver to me...

I think Jimenez would be fine at NYY, but not convinced that this is the right move for the Rockies.

This Sox/Rays game is unreal, I had Josh Beckett pitching tonight needing to get a W for fantasy purposes. Ususally 8 innings of one hit ball gets that done, but not tonight.

Damn Pedroia. Still, a good effort by TB to keep the BoSox offense out of the game for so long. Just a shame our bats struggled even more :ohwell:.

And Tampa lose yet another game against AL East rivals by a single run :crying:. I'm not sure they can make up the 8 game gap now.

In other news, the Bucs are outright leaders of NL Central (!) and Halladay completely crashed out of his start today due to heat exhaustion. IMO he should have been withdrawn from the game a lot sooner.

I was witness to this. He also singled out the Yankees, comparing them to his hatred for the Cowboys.

Does that mean he's a Mets fan? That would explain a lot.

The Giants can't quite break free of the D'Backs, they can't quite catch the Braves, and it looks like they have to face the Phillies in the first round if they get there.

Good position to be in, but nothing to gloat about. So I'll just say this:

13 1/2 games back. (You know who you are.)

Toronto is only doing a little bit better than the Mariners, so hopefully we'll get out of this massive slump that has been absolutely been killing us. we went from being just a couple of games out of first place to being 11.5 out.

The problem has been run support. Sure I could sit there and talk about how its a young team, but its still not an excuse to lose when the Mariners's pitching has been so good. If some of our bats could just get it in gear, we would be winning games, instead of losing the last 9 games in a row.

Well, its not all bad, I could be an Orioles fan...

Well, its not all bad, I could be an Orioles fan...

What did I ever do to you, huh?

There's nothing quite like watching a string of should-be-in-AAA-or-DFA'd pitchers giving up 15 runs. Especially because it might happen again the next day.

Not much to complain about as a Red Sox fan right now. I just wish they could put some distance between themselves and the Yankees. There's been far too many seasons in recent years where we had the division lead at this time of the year only for them to play over .600 ball the rest of the way and take the division in the end. (If only we hadn't started in such a big hole this year...)

Also I'm really leery of the slumps the time can get in. Yes I know they can run off big stretches of wins (like right now where I think its 12 of the past 14 they've won), and do so fairly often, but they've also had I think its 6 different losing streaks of at least 3 games. That happens in September it probably means the Yankees take the division, if it happens in October it mean goodbye season.

And J.D. Drew needs to go. They don't even need to get much back, just put Josh Reddick in there.

I'm glad that Guillen is back for the Tigers, but there are still too many holes in the batting order and I think an injury to one key player will sink my hopes. Then there's the wait for the 2nd half collapse and for the Twins to get on a run down the stretch.

What did I ever do to you, huh?

There's nothing quite like watching a string of should-be-in-AAA-or-DFA'd pitchers giving up 15 runs. Especially because it might happen again the next day.

You support a team that just happens to be doing worse than mine.

That was a heart breaker of a loss for the Mariners tonight. We finally got some bat going (Ryan almost hit for the cycle, but couldn't get the triple) but in the 14th inning, a couple of stolen bases made the difference.

Does that mean he's a Mets fan?

Yes. He was telling us about his time at Northwestern in the late 60s. He said it was a good time to be a Mets fan.

That said, the guy is clearly WAY more of an NFL fan than MLB.

Edit- yeah, what Bronn said.

Fucking ouch. Did anyone else see the Drew home plate thingy? It looked like his foot was briefly pointing the wrong way.

Saw something similar early in the year. Name was Posey though.

This sort of thing always sucks.

And until today, my belief that the Giants own the NL West was just bravado. Without Stephen Drew in the mix it's possibly true.

He'll be back.

Archived