Dunk & Egg Webisodes? [Potential Spoilers]

Braavosi Clam

Hi all, first time posting here.

I have been re-watching Battlestar Galactica and I started to watch the webisodes, and a thought came to me. What about Dunk and Egg? Could you do an entire novella in about an hour’s worth of material? And for that matter, would it still be interesting divvied up into 10 minute segments?

This isn’t even taking into consideration cost; obviously I don’t think this being a very fiscally responsible plan for HBO. (Although, who knows?)

Another BSG influenced idea, if not webisodes, what about a TV movie during the off-season?

It might be costly - but I think it's a fabulous idea. Fans in the know feel they get that little extra something special, but it's not "necessary" for those who just watch the regular show. Might be something to petition for after a few outrageously successful seasons!

I think it would be better to do them as actual movies. We've seen that HBO is at least somewhat willing to do theatrical releases (Sex in the City and Sex in the City 2) and if Game of Thrones becomes a popular as it has the potential to be, it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility to think that HBO might consider making movies of the Dunk and Egg stories. I think they are just about the perfect length for a film adaptation that stays very close to the source material.

I would rather see a big budget movie about Robert's Rebellion, it would be more dramatic,tragic and of bigger scale than the Dunk and Egg stories (which I love). I have not read the 3rd one, so I can not comment about it, but I think that the first two would be much better suited with a TV budget. As a matter of fact you only need 1-2 locales for each story (woods+inn and Tourneyground for Hedge knight, 2 keeps + forest/fields for Sworn Sword, except you do the Blackfyre flashback). You have no creatures (Direwolves, Dragons etc.), no big battles, no exotic places and a linited cast. I think a TV mini movie would do them justice, a bigscreen adaption would be a waste of money which could be spent a lot better in ASOIAF...

I think it should be treated the same way as the Battlestar Galactica Razor Special, a TV movie with limited theatrical release in certain major markets, it sucks for me cuz I'm nowhere near those major markets but makes the most sense financially

I think it should be treated the same way as the Battlestar Galactica Razor Special, a TV movie with limited theatrical release in certain major markets, it sucks for me cuz I'm nowhere near those major markets but makes the most sense financially

I'm beginning to think that is the best way to go. They would have more time, a bigger budget, a wider audience...I only wonder if there is enough content.

Um - just a reminder that spoilers for ADWD aren't allowed anywhere except for the ADWD.

FYI, although that was my feeling and strong guess, I didn't "know", and the revelation has now been spoiled for me. :angry2:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/forum-39/announcement-52-on-spoilers-for-a-dance-with-dragons/

Um - just a reminder that spoilers for ADWD aren't allowed anywhere except for the ADWD.

FYI, although that was my feeling and strong guess, I didn't "know", and the revelation has now been spoiled for me. :angry2:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/forum-39/announcement-52-on-spoilers-for-a-dance-with-dragons/

Luckily I find I've now forgotten whatever it was! woo yeah short-term memory loss

Luckily I find I've now forgotten whatever it was! woo yeah short-term memory loss

Oh, what he said was, it was a good thing because... JUST KIDDING! :P

PS Thanks for the kick ass moderation on this site Ran et al. mods. This is the only forum I've felt safe enough to check out while I'm still reading, and that was my first spoiler.

• 3 weeks later...

Salome Sand Witch, this is, like, a month late apology, but I am sorry about that spoiler. I have been more responsible since, and rest assured that there are worse things that I could've spoiled for you! But, nonetheless, I am sorry.

But anyways, I'm dying for them to make Dunk and Egg HBO movies. It'd be perfect!

Archived