[ADWD Spoilers] Lord Manderly

Another thing that was great with Manderly was even when one of the Freys attacked him, he did not budge from the table and made no orders for his attendants to protect him. (What, what?! Bring it on!) Good thing he's got spare chins.

...now that we know about Manderly's character a bit more, and how much family means to him, I think his motivations really were more than just ambition, and he genuinely did want to help out his cousin.

The same cousin Ramsay Snow raped, forced into a marriage, and starved to death. So Manderly's grudge with the Boltons goes back before the Red Wedding, as well...

I think Ramsey should be feeling nervous. Vengence is looking at him and licking his lips.

...If Manderly lets the rest of the Northerners know about the pie, would they really care? They aren't exactly popular...

The gods old and new do not begrudge a man's revenge. Every house seems to have lost people at the Red Wedding. the only question will be are there enough freys to go round?

Another thing that was great with Manderly was even when one of the Freys attacked him, he did not budge from the table and made no orders for his attendants to protect him. (What, what?! Bring it on!) Good thing he's got spare chins.

That's why he's go to eat so much, got to maintain those extra chins. But he doesn't care, he's working his revenge - if it comes to blood shed he's brought plenty of men. Even if he and his are slaughtered to the last it would leave Roose all the weaker.

Oh wow I TOTALLY missed the Frey pies xD

But something is not clear to me: after LW is found dead, do the Frey attacks Lord Manderly?

IIRC he was descrived as having multiple chins cut, so he was probably struck vertically on the neck

and it looked quite a grave wound on my first read.

But then it wasn't mentioned anymore and actually it is said that he would leave to fight Stannis.

So I guess it was not that much of a wound?

Absolutely loved Manderly in ADwD...To kill three people and eat them while being cheerful and merry is some stone cold stuff. Also I could really feel his pain in regards to his sons.

Moving forward how significant do you guys think Manderly will be in the way things play out in the north?

Gawd, I was soooooo happy when a Northman finally fought back, except that I'm afraid M'Lord is on a suicide mission. It takes a brave man to take on the Boltons on their home turf.

I love him because he didn't force his daughters and granddaughters into Frey marriages, thus stopping the Frey infiltration by penetration. Lord Manderly may be a cannibal, but he's not a kinslayer -- and he loves his girls. That also means the Manderlys are tougher than the Lannisters, who are marrying half their clan to stoat-faced Freys to pay for the red wedding.

There's a lot of speculation that Big Walder killed Little Walder, but I think it was a Manderly because Little Walder was betrothed to the lovely Wylla. I hope she has a Stark or someone equally exalted in her future.

Yeah, in White Harbor they don't say "eat me," they say "eat you" !

Archived