A map of the world

Beagle

Hello, I'd like to ask, is there a map of the world of Ice and Fire?

I'm a little over half way through a A Clash of Kings, and so far the only maps featured in the books are of Westeros, North and South, and a map of King's Landing. The map on HBO's website is a bit more comprehensive, at least it contains the Free Cities. But in this book Daenerys is currently in the city of Quarth, which is somewhere beyond the Dothraki Sea, whichever way the comet was pointing. And there's supposed to be Asshai somewhere around those parts, and there are said to be Shadow Lands beyond Asshai. All I know about these places position-wise that they are far east from Westeros. But I can't look them up on a map, see their relative positions, distances and directions, which frustrates me to no end. Is there a map that would show this particular part of the world?

I have a very large detailed map made up of the maps from the latest book combined and cleaned up a bit that I could share. It is very large (resolution). If people are interested I could upload it and also maybe add a grid on the map with a listing of each city/ruin/etc for easy finding? Let me know.

I found this one. It doesn't show beyond Quarth, but it at least gets you that far.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23200000/The-World-a-song-of-ice-and-fire-23248298-850-651.jpg

That's a fun one, but I don't think it's a spoiler to say, when we take into account the newest official maps we've gotten, that that map is pretty inaccurate.

At the moment the only thing we have close to a canon map is this combination of Westeros and Essos (using the new ADWD map). Slaver's Bay is off to the east or south-east, but it is unclear how the Slaver's Bay and Free Cities map precisely fit together (we know it's 1,650 miles from Volantis to Meereen, but not if it's due east, south-east or even somewhat north-east.

I have a very large detailed map made up of the maps from the latest book combined and cleaned up a bit that I could share. It is very large (resolution). If people are interested I could upload it and also maybe add a grid on the map with a listing of each city/ruin/etc for easy finding? Let me know.

Go for it!

Anyone know how I can attach a file? I have the map but it is probably too large for upload to a photosite (48mb).

How on earth did you manage to create such a large image? Which format? You should be able to compress that significantly, especially if it's black and white.

It was on a really high resolution as I was planning to use Adobe Illustrator's Live trace but it looked bleh and I forgot to shrink it. I got it down to 14.4mb while still being really legible (4246x5608 at *600 resolution) jpeg.

*edited

Archived