I just discoverd A Song Of Ice And Fire...I have a Question.

Tanarus

I was bouncing around online and discoverd A Song of Ice and Fire quite by accedent. I was intreaged so i bought A game of thrones from Amazon. (Hope it shows up today) So if i understand this correctly, thers 7 books to this story. The last one was relesed a week ago "Dances with dragon." Can someone list the books in sequence so i can buy them in correct order?!?

1. A Game Of Thrones.

2. clash of kings.

1. A Game of Thrones

2. A Clash of Kings

3. A Storm of Swords

4. A Feast for Crows

5. A Dance with Dragons

6. The Winds of Winter

7. A Dream of Spring

The second season of the HBO series should be out during the first half of next year.

1. A Game of Thrones

2. A Clash of Kings

3. A Storm of Swords

4. A Feast for Crows

5. A Dance with Dragons

6. The Winds of Winter

7. A Dream of Spring

The second season of the HBO series should be out during the first half of next year.

"A Dance with Dragons" should be #7 no? If i'm not mistaken, that one was JUST relesed a week ago...

"A Dance with Dragons" should be #7 no? If i'm not mistaken, that one was JUST relesed a week ago...

A Dance With Dragons is book 5 of the ASOIAF sequence. In some countries, the main books are broken into smaller volumes (I think the UK version of A Storm of Swords mmpb was 3 separate volumes), but the sequence is as posted above.

Tanarus,

I'm pretty new to the series myself, but I think your confusion is that, even though ADwD was just released, it's not the last book in the series. It's the last book that has been published - the other two titles have only been *announced* - that is, GRRM is still busy writing them, but he knows where he plans to go with the series and how he wants to wrap it up, so he can say that, as long as he is *able* to finish ( *knock on wood* ), he plans to release two more volumes to finish the series up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I sopose you are in one of those countries,like me,where books 3 and 4 are spllit in two so you got

1 Game og thrones

2. Clash of kings

3.Storm of swords wol 1-Steall and Snow

3/storm of swords wol 2-Blood and Gold

4.Feast for crows wol1

4.Feast for crows wol2

That would make total of 6 books in phisysall way with ADWD as book 7

• 1 month later...

I was bouncing around online and discoverd A Song of Ice and Fire quite by accedent. I was intreaged so i bought A game of thrones from Amazon. (Hope it shows up today) So if i understand this correctly, thers 7 books to this story. The last one was relesed a week ago "Dances with dragon." Can someone list the books in sequence so i can buy them in correct order?!?

1. A Game Of Thrones.

2. clash of kings.

etc...

Heres a link for season 1 free stream from HBO. Are they going to do a season 2? Clash of kings??

http://www.couchtune...ame-of-thrones/

You'll be better off going to Book Depository and buying the whole 5 book set for $30.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just know that book 6 should be released within the year and book 7 sometime after that.

LOL. There's been a 5+ year wait for each of the last two books. It's been well documented as to why AFFC and ADWD each took 5+ years to write and publish, and hopefully the path is smoother for books 6 & 7 - but to expect book 6 so soon after book 5 is setting yourself up for disappointment. The shortest turnaround was just shy of 2 years between ACOK and ASOS.

We don't know if the last two books will be Winds of Winter and Song of Spring. They could be called anything. They aren't written yet. Wasn't Dance with Dragons supposed to be book 4?

The shortest turnaround was just shy of 2 years between ACOK and ASOS.

That's amazing considering how long (and good!) ASOS is.

George has already said book 6 is called The Winds of Winter, book 7 A Dream of Spring.

Yes, book 4 was supposed to be ADWD but since he ended up splitting that book in half, he had to come up with another title. Hence AFFC as book 4. Now unless he's got to add a book to the series (which is possible), there's no reason to doubt these aren't the next two titles.

Hi there,

I just went and bought the the paperback set with first 4 books(from Chapters) and I have been told that Dance of Dragons isn't out in paperback yet but expected to be in few months which gives me time to read the first 4 books anyways. The TV show got me hooked into reading again..thank goodness for that. (I am normally reading with my kids...love Dr. Suess!).

so hi there!!

Hi there,

I just went and bought the the paperback set with first 4 books(from Chapters) and I have been told that Dance of Dragons isn't out in paperback yet but expected to be in few months which gives me time to read the first 4 books anyways. The TV show got me hooked into reading again..thank goodness for that. (I am normally reading with my kids...love Dr. Suess!).

so hi there!!

Greetings, nightshadow, welcome to the board! Get the kids tucked in bed with Dr. Suess, lay aside the green eggs and ham, and dive in to the world of Westeros!

:read:

Hi there,

so hi there!!

Welcome! Welcome to the world of Westeros. It can be brutal so watch your step. LOL

Oh and be very, VERY careful of looking at anything related to the books or show online (even around here) while you're reading. Spoilers and trolls willing to spoil are everywhere.

Archived