[ADWD] Brienne Collecting Jaime

koifishkid

It seems to me that Lady Stoneheart is allowing Brienne to prove her loyalty by sending her off to collect Jaime for hanging. If this is true, it seems very un-Brienne-like to allow Jaime to be killed, since she knows he has tried to keep to his promises to Catelyn as best he could. Is there any other possible reason she could be getting Jaime? What would Catelyn want with him other than to kill him?

I think its strange how Brienne face was covered. I suspect but don't have any proof is that she died but what ever she yelled out caused zombie-Cat to bring her back to life as zombie-Brienne. Hopefully that means zombie Cat is gone for good. There are already to many undead walking around.

As for the reason she wants Jamie I don't know maybe its gearing up for a zombie Jamie next.

I assume she will take him to meet Catelyn at which point the latter will hold Brienne hostage while Jaime actually tries to fulfill his own vow for once. I'm starting to become more and more assured that Jaime, Sandor, and Robert Strong (i.e., Gregor) will all converge in the Vale, per Bran's dream. I'm even starting to entertain the idea that Varys and/or Illyrio will hire the Faceless Men to kill Littlefinger and thereby bring Arya into the mix as well.

I assume she will take him to meet Catelyn at which point the latter will hold Brienne hostage while Jaime actually tries to fulfill his own vow for once. I'm starting to become more and more assured that Jaime, Sandor, and Robert Strong (i.e., Gregor) will all converge in the Vale, per Bran's dream. I'm even starting to entertain the idea that Varys and/or Illyrio will hire the Faceless Men to kill Littlefinger and thereby bring Arya into the mix as well.

Wow, that's one of the older prophetic visions in the story, isn't it? I had forgotten about it, but now that I remember it does reference the undead Gregor pretty clearly.

Ya, I think that the basic conversation was that they gave her the choice to collect Lannister or they'll kill her squire. They'll give him trial by combat (because that idea's never blown up in anyone's face before) and he'll have turned out to have gotten good fighting left-handed and kill Beric again and then Jaime and Brienne will then wander off to find Sansa. Maybe they'll remember that that Littlefinger guy was pretty smart and head over to the Vale to see if he's got any good ideas about where she might be.

Ya, I think that the basic conversation was that they gave her the choice to collect Lannister or they'll kill her squire.

The choice was the sword (Brienne goes off to kill Jaime and fulfil her oath from way back to Catelyn) or the rope (death for Brienne). Pod's life was never used as any kind of bargaining position by Lady Stoneheart.

Is there any possibility of it being a false Brienne all along? I don't know, I can't see Brienne handing Jaime like that. And lets not kid ourselves, Jaime can't fight with his other arm. If it goes that route, it will be 'dead by trial,' not 'trial by combat' :rolleyes:

The choice was the sword (Brienne goes off to kill Jaime and fulfil her oath from way back to Catelyn) or the rope (death for Brienne). Pod's life was never used as any kind of bargaining position by Lady Stoneheart.

Ya, I just don't see her trading Jaime's life for her own. It's too out of character. GRRM didn't spend the entire series going on about how honourable she is just to have her dump that whole personality when things got tough. Doing it in order to save the kid, though, while it's still pretty much of out of character, at least has a spurious tie-in to a rationale.

Can somone point me in the direction of "Bran's Dream" referenced here? Which book was it? Beginning, middle or end of the book? I missed it and am now very curious

I think that Jamie and Brienne might go looking for Sansa before returning to Lady Stoneheart, that way there is a final chance of Jamie sticking to his oath. Of course that would mean a lot of travel, especially in winter, and Brienne would be taking a risk telling Jamie about Lady Stoneheart. I'd love to see the look on littlefingers face if Jamie turned up at the Vale :L

Am I the only one that thinks it's fucking 100% silly to make a promise to a zombie Catelyn, and then actually stick to it? Brienne should've sworn whatever she needed and ran for the hills.

It doesn't matter what she thinks or her men think - they are all living on borrowed time. They are outlaws and wanted dead on sight by every high lord.

We see Brienne take Jamie away to Cat. We don't see them arrive at Cat.

Brienne could, very easily, say "Dude, so, Catelyn Stark is there. She want's you dead. Also, she's dead. So, let's, um, plan something."

I like the idea of Arya being sent to kill someone, though I always figured she'd be tasked with killing one of her family members.

Archived