Bearded Jaime Sighting

MyDogIsNamedDanerys

Growing it out for season 2 no doubt! He looks awesome. I hope they will cut his hair shorter, too.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1813626064?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAF1BIQQ~,g5cZB_aGkYZXG-DCZXT7a-c4jcGaSdDQ&bctid=1069448041001

It think the beard on him doesn't look that bad! It makes him rather cool, even though I definitely don't like his character.

A Clash of Kings Spoiler:

I wonder how much of Jaime we'll actually see next season? If I'm remembering right he only has one scene in the book, which is when Catelyn visits him in his cell- but they used that scene at the end of Season 1. Although I'm guessing that they will show the scene where he tries to escape?

A Clash of Kings Spoiler:

I wonder how much of Jaime we'll actually see next season? If I'm remembering right he only has one scene in the book, which is when Catelyn visits him in his cell- but they used that scene at the end of Season 1. Although I'm guessing that they will show the scene where he tries to escape?

The producers said he would be included more and some of his material would be moved.

I think they might do two things:

1) Include more Catelyn/Jaime talks

2) give him some flashback scenes in the cells

The producers said he would be included more and some of his material would be moved.

I'd love if they showed his Kingsguard induction in a flashback, or the whole thing with Tysha...

I have to say that I am totally a fan of NCW's performance as Jaime. He's acted it perfectly, and he looks the part. I just wish they had picked an actress to play Cersei who looks more like he does (Tricia Helfer comes to mind IMO).

He is a major part of the reason I hope HBO keeps renewing this show at least as far as the end of aSoS. I so want to see NCW slowly make Jaime on of the (tv shows) fan favorites like he is now in the books.

They said they would include material from aSoS in the second season. Jaime seems like a prime candidate to work with, since he has so little to do otherwise.

And the fact that the beard make shim look hot is completely irrelevant.

I find that quite relevant ;)

They said some SoS stuff will be moved

I have to say that I am totally a fan of NCW's performance as Jaime. He's acted it perfectly, and he looks the part. I just wish they had picked an actress to play Cersei who looks more like he does (Tricia Helfer comes to mind IMO).

He is a major part of the reason I hope HBO keeps renewing this show at least as far as the end of aSoS. I so want to see NCW slowly make Jaime on of the (tv shows) fan favorites like he is now in the books.

She's always in a villain's role. Maybe she doesn't want to be type-cast.

Growing it out for season 2 no doubt! He looks awesome. I hope they will cut his hair shorter, too.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1813626064?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAF1BIQQ~,g5cZB_aGkYZXG-DCZXT7a-c4jcGaSdDQ&bctid=1069448041001

Why cut his hair shorter? I'm male and I can tell you, hair like his is envied. What do girls have against long hair anyway?

Why cut his hair shorter? I'm male and I can tell you, hair like his is envied. What do girls have against long hair anyway?

I've got no problem with longish hair - I rather like "Jaime's" hair long as it is (no longer though - I never could see him with the shoulder length blond curls as described in the books).

Why do I want them to cut it? A Storm of Swords spoilers:

I LOVE Jaime's character development in A Storm of Swords - and the change in his appearance goes hand-in-hand in my brain with the changes in his character. In that book, he has a beard (like this) from being in prison so long, and as soon as he gets out of jail, he cuts all his hair off with a knife because it's full of lice from being in prison for almost a year.

So I'm hoping they will have him cut it near the end of the season when he escapes with Brienne.

But in the end it will probably depend on what other roles he has and what they need his hair to look like. I certainly don't want any wigs!

From the beginning of season one, I've thought NCW is one of the most underrated of the main cast. He's up there with Maisie, Dinklage, and Bean as far ranking the portrayals in season one, IMO. I was watching the Comic-Con GoT panel and noticed the beard on him, first thing that came to mind was his changed appearance in season 2 onward. He definitely looks less like a smug arrogant bastard with the beard! :thumbsup:

I've got no problem with longish hair - I rather like "Jaime's" hair long as it is (no longer though - I never could see him with the shoulder length blond curls as described in the books).

Why do I want them to cut it? A Storm of Swords spoilers:

I LOVE Jaime's character development in A Storm of Swords - and the change in his appearance goes hand-in-hand in my brain with the changes in his character. In that book, he has a beard (like this) from being in prison so long, and as soon as he gets out of jail, he cuts all his hair off with a knife because it's full of lice from being in prison for almost a year.

So I'm hoping they will have him cut it near the end of the season when he escapes with Brienne.

But in the end it will probably depend on what other roles he has and what they need his hair to look like. I certainly don't want any wigs!

Well, maybe he can wash it off in a river and be done with the lice :thumbsup: .

From the beginning of season one, I've thought NCW is one of the most underrated of the main cast. He's up there with Maisie, Dinklage, and Bean as far ranking the portrayals in season one, IMO. I was watching the Comic-Con GoT panel and noticed the beard on him, first thing that came to mind was his changed appearance in season 2 onward. He definitely looks less like a smug arrogant bastard with the beard! :thumbsup:

I agree with this. Maisie and NCW are actors who have captured the characters really well. Incredible casting.

Archived