Favourite Character introduced in CoK?

Robb_

Jaqen H'ghar - That guy is pure awesomeness! I loved his interactions with Arya & the way he behaved all the way through. Even when he had to kill himself, he remained absolutely cool. That`s the key word that describes him best. His confidence is based on his ability to change his face. Smth that I haven`t read anywhere about, and I marked out. Maybe he is Syrio indeed. And also, we may have to wait a lot before we understand for sure.

Davos Seaworth - I think he`s gonna play a huge role in the followin books, but I`m in the middle of SoS and I don`t intend to spoil anything. Although, I didin`t come up with the idea that Davos seems like the perfect replacement for Eddard Stark. Ned was very honourable, in a way that often pissed mi off. Davos doest it too sometimes, maybe they`ve many things in common for real. He is very loyal to his king, the only righful King of Vesteros Stannis, but has his own perception of life. He doesn`t trust Mellisandra and that makes him interesting, cause they`ve some nice confrontations between each other. Davos may be a very important character.

The Reeds - The chick will end up in love with Bran, I`m sure / I haven`t read it, it`s a guess/. The boy is nicely anoying and that makes him cool. Both of them play a huge part in the rescue of Bran and Ricon and cause i like Bran, i appreciate their work. Also, I`m very deep into the whole concept of people who live in the marshes and, wetlands that are moving without conclusion. They have experience and if Martin developes the characters of Jojen and Meera more, it`ll be for the better.

Well, can't avoid mentioning "myself" of course :cool4: Still, Jaqen H'ghar is as far as I understand only a name this Faceless Man uses during the time Arya knows him. His true identity remains unknown - which just makes him even more badass.

Furthermore, I just love the description of the melée where we are introduced to Brienne of Tarth, another favourite character. I sure hope she'll survive to be along for many books yet.

I see the sympathy in Davos the Onion Knight, and the reluctant but honorable struggle in Stannis, but I can't connect with them in the same way.

how can people choose ?! Its really hard for me to choose a favourite character or a least favourite. I like them all. they are all interesting and unique. They are good but evil in the same time. You would understand why they act/feel this way.they are simply humans! i dont think i have been asked about a favourite character in a book before without being able to name one or two. Almost all ASOIAF characters relate to us in a way. When people ask me which house i root for i cant answer...

• 2 weeks later...

Davos is Ned's replacement in a way.

This is how I saw it as well. He was definitely my favorite character introduced in CoK, although I guess that is to be expected being the only new POV character.

I also really liked and am interested in Jojen Reed. Love that nickname of "Little Grandfather".

• 2 weeks later...

Davos. Theon was a douche, Melisandre's annoying and bitchy, and nothing she says makes sense (half of an onion rotting does not make the other half rot, okay? half black and half white equals grey, not black.) I also don't care for the manly Brienne.

Davos has to take the win for me. He is one of the few characters in the books who is almost indisputably good, but GRRM doesn't sacrifice character complexity for goodness. Davos is not only my favorite new character in CoK, he is probably one of my favorite characters period.

• 2 weeks later...

Jaqen H'ghar. He is as cool as cool can be and I love his relationship with Arya. (100% of me wants Jaqen to be Syrio but only 75% of me thinks its true)

That would be really cool, actually. I really enjoyed Syrio and since they left his death unviewed, just kind of leaving him in the room with Meryn Trant as our PoV character fled, I always kind of hope he survived but also doubted it. I really don't think Jaqen's fates were tied to Arya quite yet which they'd need to be, although you are right that they are both Braavosi.

Anyways, on topic, I like(d) Gendry quite a bit. I kept expecting his character to grow more and for him to show glimpses of what Robert was in his prime. Arya is my favorite storyline and the bonds that they are forming kind of links him to her awesomeness in my mind. He was technically introduced in GoT but doesn't get much actual development till CoK. His pacifism does get kind of annoying and since I don't know how to block spoilers I'll just say he doesn't always care who he smiths swords for, which is kind of a betrayal to me.

Davos is a smart man of honor, but complex enough being both a smuggler and a knight. He know's both the light and the darkness and it gives his character more depth than most.

The Reeds. So much Q.q that they aren't in the tv series because they are both very interesting and resilient kids. Wise beyond their years and able like you'd expect more of the Stark children but at least Brandon finds friends and teachers in them.

Jaqen H'ghar by far. He's effing brilliant.

I do like Davos,cause finally we got man with some sense of honor but at the same time he thinks logically, as a normal person with self-preservation instinct.

I would like Stannis, if he wasn't such a pride&justice blinded fool. i feel sorry for him though,cause I think Mel will lead him into disaster. I also believe he does have a rightful claim to the throne, now when no one knows about Dany.

I'm curious about what's gonna become of Reeds and their journey with Bran. They are good addition.

And with Gendry, I'd like him to find out about his father. Also, am curious if (not when Arya is a child, but later on, if they stay together) there will be any hints of feelings between them.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Asha. She's more restrained and sensible than Theon, even if she is still relatively "evil".

Brienne I could come to like if Martin stopped wasting time by constantly pointing out how ugly she is. I think she's an interesting character, a strange mix of innocence and bravery, but I don't know if she can ever become a favourite.

And Ygritte, of course. Everyone Loves Ygritte (which should totally be a show).

Archived