[ADwD Spoilers] Is Jon handsome?

jurble

In AGoT he is described as having dark grey eyes almost black, with Ned's face and slender and agile (where Robb was stocky with auburn hair). Arya & Jon look like Ned and the other kids look like Tulley's with auburn hair and stocky builds. Without more facial description hard to know if handsome. He doesn't encounter many women in the NW but Mel, Ygrette and Val all seem attracted to him.

Between his black clothes, long face, and big white canine, I'm trying really hard not to make a Neil Gaiman joke. :laugh: But seriously, I think he's somewhat attractive but not traffic-stopping, but may well be one of the better looking NW guys considering the other ones that get sent there.

I always pictured Ned Stark as looking like Niel Gaiman, and Jon as a young version

Lyanna was a beauty, although it seems like her beauty came as much from her demeanor and personality as it did her face. Arya looks like Lyanna and Jon looks like Arya (and of course Lyanna might be his mother).

I've always suspected he was serious looking but cute, but not notably handsome a la Jaime, Loras, etc.

In AGoT he is described as having dark grey eyes almost black, with Ned's face and slender and agile (where Robb was stocky with auburn hair). Arya & Jon look like Ned and the other kids look like Tulley's with auburn hair and stocky builds. Without more facial description hard to know if handsome. He doesn't encounter many women in the NW but Mel, Ygrette and Val all seem attracted to him.

'xactly. (Though I disagree that Mel is attracted to him).

I don't buy the "he's the only not-maimed/has teeth man" argument. Alys is a noblewoman. Ain't no reason she should be attracted to Jon Snow on account of his only having all his teeth. Moreover, there has to be other men who ain't too bad on the eyes. You don't see Val or Alys flirting with Satin, do you?

Bitches love Lord Commanders. Plus he has an albino direwolf, that's the Westeros equivalent of rolling up in some awesome limited edition sportscar. And a Valyrian steel sword, which is like having a watch that shoots lasers. Plus he cut Janos Slynt's head off. He's like if James Bond killed Hitler.

All this just leads to the obvious, that the girls flirt with Jon to make Sam jealous. Nevermind that Sam's not around half the time, they know he's gonna hear about it and finally make his move on them, just as they've dreamed.

Thought he was an ordinary bloke until I saw this illustration of him on George's website within the sample ADWD chapter: http://georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html

That's not just pretty, that's gorgeous! And it's an illustration "approved" by George which is to say that George thinks he's that handsome...

I was disappointed by the casting for him in the series. Kit looks like a girl, not a future Lord Commander. Oh well.

In the books, girls are swooning all over Jaime, Robb, Renly, Loras, Joffrey, etc., but only the wildling girls seem to find Jon particularly attractive. Considering that most of the wildling men are missing most of their teeth, missing random body parts, and haven't bathed for a year, the bar for attractiveness isn't exactly high. Jon probably looks decent and better than average (as would most highborn boys), but he's no hottie.

Jon really doesn't have much interaction with girls (that we see) before going to the wall. And we know that he was probably pretty standoffish with them because he was always afraid of getting a girl pregnant. In addition, I think to the extent that Jon gets ignored by the girls in Winterfell (and generally below the wall) it's because his "bastard" status makes him a much less desirable catch than "true-born" peers.

Jon is supposed to look like a Stark. Drab dark hair and a long face is the description I think.

Doesnt sound so great at first glance, but hes obviously fit, healthy, and knowing his character he must throw off good vibes. I imagine him being as goodlooking as one can be without it being a way in which you would describe him as.....if that makes any sense at all.

I imagine he looks like very much like the Starks in the crypts at Winterfell, and his father for that matter,

Are you sure that Ned is Jon's biological father? Perhaps this is jumping the gun a bit- but I feel like there's been enough evidence to safely say that it is quite likely that Ned, while related to Jon, is not his father- and that Jon's actual biological father very possibly had vastly different coloring than he has. Jon's mother, on the other hand...is probably where Jon got the grey eyes, dark hair, and long Stark face.

I have always seen Jon and the Starks as kind of Scandinavian looking, lots of horsefaces over here. Kit as Jon is beautiful but to girlie and weak. I guess Jon is more handsome than beautiful, I'm sure he's not ugly because in that case someone should have mentioned it in a PoV.

All this just leads to the obvious, that the girls flirt with Jon to make Sam jealous. Nevermind that Sam's not around half the time, they know he's gonna hear about it and finally make his move on them, just as they've dreamed.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Now I've found my life's real purpose, bring me Sam! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ok, I'm in love with Jon, so maybe I'm not the most objective person in the board :ohwell: , but it seems to me that Jon has no relation with girls/women AT ALL except for those who look at him as if he was some kind of Ultimate Macho With A Wolf. What women does he know? Apart from his own sisters (or whatever they are), he mets Ygritte "come-into-my-cave", Dalla "I'm-giving-birth-so-I-don't-count", Val "steal-me-RIGHT-NOW!", Alys "I'm-not-blinking,I'm-winking" and Melisandre "let's-make-some-shadows-you-cuttie". So, every one of them except from Dalla (Mance's wife, ok, maybe she had his plate full) looks at him "that" way.

The description says he's dark-haired, grey-eyed and has a long face and a slender body. Nothing else. But, as some of you've said, he's well feeded (and has been during his growing), has all his limbs, teeth and eyes and has only one badass scar in the face. Yeah, judging by that and the reactions of the women surrounding him, I would think he's handsome enough :drool:

Thought he was an ordinary bloke until I saw this illustration of him on George's website within the sample ADWD chapter: http://georgerrmartin.com/if-sample.html

That's not just pretty, that's gorgeous! And it's an illustration "approved" by George which is to say that George thinks he's that handsome...

I was disappointed by the casting for him in the series. Kit looks like a girl, not a future Lord Commander. Oh well.

GRRM approved illustration of Jon Snow >>>>>>> Kit Harington. :smug:

First time when Tyrion saw young griff he thinks that he have dark blue eyes and after that he realize that this is an illusion caused by his blue hair and his eyes are purple. Well ..people see only what they are told usually. So maybe people who look at Jon see only what they are told a Stark's bastard with dark grey eyes.

Don't you think that he might have purple eyes?

I wonder how Dany would describe him if they ever meet!!?

Wow. I stand corrected. If GRRM approved that picture, Jon is a total hottie (and thankfully, so much less girly looking than Kit Harrington).

The books would still seem to indicate to me, at least, that Jon is less attractive than Robb, Loras, Jaime, and Renly, but much more attractive than Quentyn Martell. Maybe Jon's sullen poutiness at the beginning of aGoT makes him appear unattractive. Maybe the traditionally Stark looks are ones you have to grow into and that look much better on adults than kids. After all, Arya is described as plain and horse-faced in the books, yet she looks just like Lyanna, who was very attractive.

Archived