Should GRRM have a cameo?

Pretty Pig

Care to elaborate? We haven't seen him try to act as of yet. How could we judge?

One, he has pretty big parts in ADwD.

Two, it was a play on words, as I imagine Manderly to be HUUUUUUUGE. Probably about 100# bigger than GRRM.

Three, I'd like to see Richard Griffiths play a part like Manderly.

Four, I want him writing, not acting in anything more than a cameo, and Manderly would not be a cameo.

GH

• 2 weeks later...

One, he has pretty big parts in ADwD.

Two, it was a play on words, as I imagine Manderly to be HUUUUUUUGE. Probably about 100# bigger than GRRM.

Three, I'd like to see Richard Griffiths play a part like Manderly.

Four, I want him writing, not acting in anything more than a cameo, and Manderly would not be a cameo.

GH

I've always imagined Griffiths as Manderly. He had me at walrus mustache. On the matter of Martin I've coincidentally imagined Tormund Gaintsbane as looking like Martin. And yeah I'd love a cameo per season, maybe even as the same character every time. So long as we don't get another ros.

• 1 month later...

He should be a woolly mammoth pulling a wildling sled. In the scene he'll be moving really slowly until an exasperated wildling runs up to him and shouts, "Hurry up! We'll never get beyond the Wall at this rate!"

At this point the GRRM-mammoth will stop and turn his face towards the camera - which moves in for a close-up. With a little smile playing on his lips he'll say:

"It's not the destination that matters. It's the journey."

Let's hope his British accent is any good then.

I don't think British accent's that too much of an importance. This is Westeros, after all. Even Peter Dinklage (Tyrion) doesn't have a British accent but we look past that, because he's the perfect Tyrion and a good actor.

GRRM playing Manderly will make up for all the atrocities he has done to his characters. Okay, maybe not all, but to Robb and Catelyn at least.

Two words: Red Wedding

He is going to direct one episode a year by the looks of it, so i cant see any reason why he shouldn't do a cameo.. it would be good for publicity as a whole... I don't think tho that he should have a credited role or be a "known" character, something tongue in cheek such as a court scribe or perhaps maybe a travelling bard sent in to entertain Tommen or Joffrey

He is going to direct one episode a year by the looks of it, so i cant see any reason why he shouldn't do a cameo.. it would be good for publicity as a whole... I don't think tho that he should have a credited role or be a "known" character, something tongue in cheek such as a court scribe or perhaps maybe a travelling bard sent in to entertain Tommen or Joffrey

Directing, I thought he was writing the script. Also apparently he had a cameo in season one but it didn't end up in the show.

Directing, I thought he was writing the script. Also apparently he had a cameo in season one but it didn't end up in the show.

Yeah he did the teleplay for episode 9.

Funny no one till now has mentioned his role as an extra in the first season, George talked about it several times , but it was cut.

I guess people mean a speaking role, if he spoke they would have to pay him more than an extra, tho I suppose he would have the option a waving the salary. Lord knows what HBO is paying for rights and contributed teleplays.

Archived