Why does everyone hate Catelyn Stark?

Frey Pies

I can't believe this thread has devolved into "killing Jinglebell was wrong." Fucking Jinglebell? That's really scraping the bottom of the barrel for reasons to hate Catelyn.

Of all the things people hate Catelyn for (most of which I disagree with) I can't believe someone can have the effrontery to suggest she was wrong for killing Jinglebell.

No kidding. These people must be really fucking desperate to hate Catelyn, though I can't imagine why. There's a long, long list of characters in this series who are a thousand times more monstrous than Catelyn, and yet Cat is the one who's constantly bashed.

I wonder: do the same people who spew venom about Cat ignore Tyrion's and Jaime's and Littlefinger's more heinous acts? And is it just because the latter three are more "badass" characters? Or is it because the latter three haven't yet insulted a fan favorite, i.e. Jon Snow?

No kidding. These people must be really fucking desperate to hate Catelyn, though I can't imagine why. There's a long, long list of characters in this series who are a thousand times more monstrous than Catelyn, and yet Cat is the one who's constantly bashed.

I wonder: do the same people who spew venom about Cat ignore Tyrion's and Jaime's and Littlefinger's more heinous acts? And is it just because the latter three are more "badass" characters? Or is it because the latter three haven't yet insulted a fan favorite, i.e. Jon Snow?

I really think it was trolling (granted, well done trolling) to blame Catelyn for the death of fan favorite (Ha!) Jinglebell.

Jon is a 14 year old boy who is going away forever and came to say goodbye to a brother he loves and might never see again, and you interpret this as Jon's defiance of Catelyn? You interpret this as something Jon did just to rub Catelyn's nose in it?

I'm of the opinion that a person should never wish someone was crippled, especially if that someone is just kid, a kid that all your children love(except for Sansa and don't get me started on that idiot) a kid that's making your wish come true and leavig Winterfell behind and killing any chance of marriage and having kids. I don't care what kind of grief you are going through, saying something like that to someone who is considered family by all your kids, well you're a piece of crap for a human being. I can't stand Catelyn.

No Catelyn, it should have been you

Dude, Sansa does love Jon. And Catelyn didn't mean it when she said it, she was in a bad state and forgot about it.

I really think it was trolling (granted, well done trolling) to blame Catelyn for the death of fan favorite (Ha!) Jinglebell.

To be fair, if one looks at it objectively, it is rather amusing trolling. I laughed, at least, once I finished picking my jaw back up off the floor.

:lol:

I meant the girls, but do note the smiley. I wasn't really serious, although Cat did send Brienne with Jaime right after she found out about Bran and Rickon, so that was about a week into her service.

Sorry for not picking up on your joke, but I was weary because of the nature of the arguments here. Cat sending Brienne to get girls is still irrelevant, though.

A decent person will apologize after an outburst!

Catelyn never got the chance to apologize, since Jon left right away. She does feel guilty when she thinks about him, so she might well have apologized if she ever saw him again. Hell, UnCat still might do something, the books are not finished.

I can't believe this thread has devolved into "killing Jinglebell was wrong." Fucking Jinglebell? That's really scraping the bottom of the barrel for reasons to hate Catelyn.

Of all the things people hate Catelyn for (most of which I disagree with) I can't believe someone can have the effrontery to suggest she was wrong for killing Jinglebell.

Me neither, it's just astonishing.

Archived