[Book Spoilers] Elevating to starring status?

Now that we've lost four of the main bill actors (Momoa, Addy, Bean, and Lloyd), who do you think they'll promote for season 2?

Natalie Dormer has already been confirmed as starring. Mel and Brienne are recurring, so it won't be them. I would guess since three of the former ones would have costed more, they may raise 4-6 up in their place.

Apart from Dormer, my picks would be, in preferred order, from this list:

Conleth Hill as Varys: His performance deserves it, and he'll be very important in S2.

Stephen Dillane as Stannis: Obvious reasons.

Liam Cunningham as Davos: Obvious reasons. Both appear more than Mel so it makes sense.

Gethin Anthony as Renly: With Dormer as starring, I suspect we'll be seeing more of Renly. It also makes his date with a shadow more surprising.

Jerome Flynn as Bronn: C'mon, more Bronn is awesome. Plus he'll be important all season.

John Bradley as Samwell: He'll be in more eps this season, and Bradley is pwn.

Joe Dempsie as Gendry: He'll be important, and he's awesome, and yeah, he's awesome.

It's possible that Jaqen could be starring, but I'm not sure. I know not all of these people will be listed as starring, just potential candidates.

I mostly agree with you. I think the starring cast will be:

Peter Dinklage

Michelle Fairley

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

Lena Headey

Emilia Clarke

Iain Glen

Aidan Gillen

Kit Harington

Richard Madden

Sophie Turner

Maisie Williams

Alfie Allen

Isaac Hempstead Wright

Jack Gleeson

Rory McCann

Coneth Hill

Stephen Dillane

Liam Cunningham

Natalie Dormer

Jerome Flynn

John Bradley

Joe Dempsie

James Cosmo

Now, I took off Renly because I don't see him being in more than 3 episodes, meanwhile Jeor Mormont will likely be in the entire season (I suspect that we'll see some Fist of the First Men stuff with Sam and Jeor in the latter parts of the season, after Jon is off with Qhorin Halfhand).

I think Renly will be in, atleast, 4 episodes. Harry Lloyd was only in five. I agree, Renly won't be around that long, which is sortof the point. I mean, Clash is mostly about 'The War of the Five Kings' (If Balon was more front and center, I'd want him in the starring bill as well) and so it makes sense that Renly is in the credits. Plus then when he dies, people will be caught more unawares. Just my opinion, though.

I also thought of James Cosmo but didn't think we didn't three people starring up past the wall. Cosmo is beast, though, so I'd like it.

Archived