Who would you like to see cast in different roles (possible book spoilers)

MaesterRowan

I'm not sure this thread will lead to actual spoilers, but I figured better safe than sorry.

As a fan of the books, I often find myself imagining who would be good in different as-yet-uncast roles. So, here're are a few of mine, and I'd love to hear everyone else's.

Lord Roose Bolton - in the books described as of average build, soft-spoken, and having "eerie", pale eyes. One actor springs to mind more than any other: Michael Emerson. Fans of LOST will be particularly familiar with Michael Emerson. He has a pale, kinda creepy, bug-eyed look, a soft voice you can't help but be transfixed by, and is a brilliant actor.

Prince Oberyn Martell - David Tennant. Aside from looking the part fairly well, I think most Doctor Who fans would agree with me that few people could capture Oberyn Martell's wit or madness as well as this incredibly talented Scot who played the 10th Doctor.

Victarion Greyjoy or Aeron Greyjoy - in a perfect world, Alan Rickman. He's big, he's raven-haired, he's got the stern, commanding demeanor that both of them have.

I had a bunch of others, but they've all fled my brain for the mo'. Will add more later as I think of them.

So, who does everyone else want to see on the show?

Archived