A Thread for Small Questions XI

Stubby

Here's a question that's been bugging me.

I could've sworn in one of the books Sansa thinks something along the lines of "One day I will have a son and he will hate and kill Lannisters" Does this actually happen? If so, where and in what book? Much appreciated

Sansa is still a maiden...

I could've sworn in one of the books Sansa thinks something along the lines of "One day I will have a son and he will hate and kill Lannisters" Does this actually happen? If so, where and in what book? Much appreciated

Without digging through the books, no idea. But it has to be either in ACOK or in ASOS.

Without digging through the books, no idea. But it has to be either in ACOK or in ASOS.

why not the last chapter of GoT? Or in FFC, since she then knows she will no longer marry a Lannister?

It was in ASOS when she was contemplating her marriage to Willas. She was planning to have sons named Eddard, Brandon, and Rickon, a girl who would look like Arya, and she meant to teach them all to hate Lannisters.

Why does Sansa keep referring to being kissed by the Hound?

When he came to her room during the fires she thought he was going to kiss her but he didn't. She remembers, incorrectly, that he did kiss her. Somewhere GRRM said that was significant, but no one is sure exactly why.

Basically it's a romanticized memory of a traumatic event.

Stannis matches it better, because of the "no shadow" part.

The "No Shadow" part could also be applied to Euron. Melisandre has said that R'hllor creates shadows and they are his children. We know that Euron is a Godless man, so maybe the fact the King has no shadow, could symbolise that the King is Godless. That of course be applied to Stannis as well. Euron may even use the same shadow magic as Melisandre. The books say he has many foreign wizards and one of them could he a red priest. This would explain the death of Balon.

An even more outlandish theory would be that Euron and Melisandre are working together. That would explain Balon's death and and Euron's sudden appearance. It is plausible that Euron met Mel on his travels and they came up with the plan to seize Westeros. Mel would help Stannis defeat the other Kings and leave only one other player in the game of thrones. Euron and Dany would then defeat Stannis. Euron would come from the West while Dany would come from the East. This would only work if Euron married Dany though

I do concede though, that Stannis does seem to be the most likely candidate.

This question has been bugging me. I have about a chapter left of AFFC so it may yet be explained. How do they get the Oxen that pull the winch up, into the Eyrie? It says in the book that they slaughter them when the Eyrie is closed for Winter. If they do that however, how do the get new oxen up, come spring? Would they send a garrison up first and use them to winch up Oxen calves? That however seems to be a lot of trouble for two oxen.

I believe that it is not Beric but Thoros of Myr who revives Catelyn, and he does so at the behest if one of Beric's men. (Can't remember who, don't have the book on me)

No, it was Beric. He sacrificed his life, so that Cat could "live." I think he was tired of living in the state that he was in.

GH

A quick question here, is it revealed anywhere what the prophesy Maggy the Frog (I think she's called) gave Cersei on the day she thought she was going to be betrothed to Rhaegar?

are you asking what part of the prophecy made Cersei think that? If so, Maegi told Cersei that she would marry the king, and she had expected to marry Crown Prince Rhaegar, who was expected to become King.

are you asking what part of the prophecy made Cersei think that? If so, Maegi told Cersei that she would marry the king, and she had expected to marry Crown Prince Rhaegar, who was expected to become King.

No, I was asking whether it's revealed anywhere what was the prophesy she heard on the day she was supposed to be getting betrothed to Rhaegar (when Aerys actually said no), as it seems to refer to a number of different things.

No, I was asking whether it's revealed anywhere what was the prophesy she heard on the day she was supposed to be getting betrothed to Rhaegar (when Aerys actually said no), as it seems to refer to a number of different things.

I'm pretty sure that in A Feast For Crows the whole prophecy is revealed in one if Cersei's flashbacks. The different parts of the prophecy state that Cersei will be married to a king, she will have 3 children and her husband will have 16, and she will be killed by a valonqar who will strangle her. Cersei's friend asks whether she'll marry Jaime, to which Maggy replies no, and she will die

later today.

I'm pretty sure that in A Feast For Crows the whole prophecy is revealed in one if Cersei's flashbacks. The different parts of the prophecy state that Cersei will be married to a king, she will have 3 children and her husband will have 16, and she will be killed by a valonqar who will strangle her. Cersei's friend asks whether she'll marry Jaime, to which Maggy replies no, and she will die

later today.

Ah thank you very much, I'm two thirds of the way through AFFC and Cersei's thinking more and more about the prophesy but it hasn't made it clear yet what it was, only the bit about her going to hear one on the day she thought she'd be betrothed to Rhaegar.

Am on my third re-read of GoT, and noticed this in Sansa 3, p. 396:

"... two brothers came before him, freeriders from the Dornish Marches, and pledged their swords to the service of the king."

Did we ever learn who these two are? At first I thought they were two of the Kettleblacks, but the wiki doesn't have information on where the Kettleblacks originated.

Am on my third re-read of GoT, and noticed this in Sansa 3, p. 396:

"... two brothers came before him, freeriders from the Dornish Marches, and pledged their swords to the service of the king."

Did we ever learn who these two are? At first I thought they were two of the Kettleblacks, but the wiki doesn't have information on where the Kettleblacks originated.

Not the Kettleblacks, I think. For one thing there are three of them, for another it's unlikely they're from that far south. (Or that they're pretending to be.)

I think these were just two random characters who never get mentioned again. It does happen, even in this series. ;)

Not the Kettleblacks, I think. For one thing there are three of them, for another it's unlikely they're from that far south. (Or that they're pretending to be.)

I think these were just two random characters who never get mentioned again. It does happen, even in this series. ;)

Kettleblacks are from fingers.

Archived