CHICAGO AREA BwB

I'd say I'm 90% sure I'll be there. As I told Alguien, I will let you guys have plenty of ADWD time to discuss without me around. Still haven't even cracked it yet.

It does however, sit teasingly on my coffee table. Beckoning. I must be some kind of masochist.

I would definitely like to stop by - didn't know there was a Chicago group, but I only just recently made my way back to this board after reading ADwD.

Time and place are good with me!

Looking forward to meeting you both! alguien, smegma and I have the advantage of knowing what we each look like. But just so we know what we are looking out for...female? male?

If we do end up getting a table, we will give the name "Martin" to the hostess. I'll also be checking this thread in case someone wants to post "I'm standing in the bar and I can't find you but I'm standing..." messages.

Looking forward to meeting you both! alguien, smegma and I have the advantage of knowing what we each look like. But just so we know what we are looking out for...female? male?

I am female - about 5'5" with brown hair, will probably be wearing some big flashy earrings. Sorry, don't own a GoT T-shirt (yet)!

Nice meeting everyone, and of course seeing Lady N and alguien again! We will definitely have to talk about a marathon GOT showing at my place for those that don't have HBO (or a tv!), and of course I might be convinced to do some kind of Halloween thing - and hopefully I'll have read ADWD by then!!!

Totally awesome to meet all of you! I had a blast. It was really great to unabashedly geek out for a couple of hours about the series.

The Halloween thing is a go, as far as rachel and I are concerned, if you all are still interested in what I proposed! It's just a matter of figuring the date. I should know this week.

Yeah, to echo everyone's sentiments, it was nice meeting you all! Had a great time talking over the series and the show.

Hopefully we'll be able to do another meetup in the near future, whether it be a GoT show marathon or Halloween costume party in the fall!

I really enjoyed our meetup on Saturday! I'm glad we were able to work it out. I'm really looking forward to finally seeing the HBO series in a marathon viewing and I'm super excited about the potential GOT Halloween party.

If anyone has any other ideas for other meetups - be it just meeting up for drinks or going to some author/book event or some other special event - feel free to post about it here. If you organize it, we will come...

sounds fun - hopefully I'll be able to make it (friend wants to visit city from out of town around Halloween so we'll see what happens).

If I see any cool events people might be interested in or have another idea in the meantime for a meetup, I'll let you know.

We are very excited! I hope you can make it, ItIsKnown. Your friend is welcome to come!

Lady N, any suggestions you might have would be most welcome.

Should I make a separate thread, or should we keep it here?

I'm inclined to strongly suggest making a list and attempting to not have any duplicate costumes, but I don't know if that's too much work or spoiling the fun?

Archived