CHICAGO AREA BwB

I was thinking of bringing a Shadow Baby with me (and pulling him out of my underwear for murderin' at random intervals) - I think I could make him out of black pantyhose.

ROTF! That will be hysterical.

I'm going to have to bring a live snake with me or something to keep up with the other costume ideas.

I should be able to meet up 10/1 - any ideas for a location?

Somewhere in the Loop. Maybe the same place as last time unless anyone else has a better idea.

Now that ive come to the realization that i am a asoiaf/Grrm fanatic, i would love to meet more of those with the similar attribute. i definitely plan on being at Chicon but thats a year away and would like to meet those of you from the community who are based in chicago. I would definitely love to come the meet up on 10/1 and discuss some game of thrones. sounds like too much fun!

Unfortunately, I already promised my friend I'd work a wedding gig for them on 10/1 so I don't think I'll be able to make it. I'll double check. If the gig doesn't start until later in the day, I may be able to stop by for a bit! :-)

As for a costume, I'm stumped so far. I might try Jon Snow since I have the dark hair but I'm not sure where I'd go for the "medieval" type clothing. Although I guess the color scheme would be pretty simple.

OK, so I am good for 10/1, which appears to be the consensus. It isn't clear from the last few places if you've fully decided on where. That might be a good thing to get sorted, as there isn't a whole lot of time between now and October 1 anymore. Perhaps one post where all the details are collected as well?

I definitely hope to make it... if I know where it will be! :)

As for a costume, I'm stumped so far. I might try Jon Snow since I have the dark hair but I'm not sure where I'd go for the "medieval" type clothing.

I don't think it would be hard to pull together something Jon Snow related. Let's see half the time he is north of the wall outside and covered in snow...just wear all white and say you are covered in snow....rotf. Or wear a black cloak of sorts and carry a direwolf.

It isn't clear from the last few places if you've fully decided on where. That might be a good thing to get sorted, as there isn't a whole lot of time between now and October 1 anymore. Perhaps one post where all the details are collected as well?

Last time we met at Elephant & Castle in the Loop. Probably will do the same on the 1st unless everyone wants to go somewhere else. We will finalize it in this post sometime next week. Its generally easier to keep everything here than starting a new one and having to keep track of multiple posts for things Chicago related.

Crazy thought. Would friday work for everyone better? It seems like the huge parties are all on saturday night. I'd only change it if everyone already confirmed can change it and wanted it, but I wanted everyone to know that it's an option. We're still pretty far out.

That would actually work a lot better for me.

Friday after work is probably easier since I don't have to make a party later on, but if most people still prefer Saturday, that's fine. Elephant & Castle on Lake/Wabash is fine by me as well unless someone has a better idea.

Friday after work is probably easier since I don't have to make a party later on, but if most people still prefer Saturday, that's fine. Elephant & Castle on Lake/Wabash is fine by me as well unless someone has a better idea.

I think what was being discussed was having the Halloween party on Friday October 28th instead of Saturday October 29th not changing this Saturday's meetup to Friday after work...at least I think that is what it was.

As for either, it really doesn't matter to me. Whatever works for the majority is fine with me.

Okay since we are nearly there and this should be finalized...if I go to the Elephant & Castle at the corner of Wabash and Lake this upcoming Saturday (October 1) at 3:30 PM....will anyone else show up? LOL. If so, let me know and I will be there. Otherwise I will be forced to stay at the office all day Saturday and bill more hours.

Archived