CHICAGO AREA BwB

Any food suggestions? We are making a few select snackables that will be GoT related :)

Lemon cakes for sure! I also think a nod to Frey pies would be entertaining (you could use little miny quiches). Do you want us to bring any food? Or just beverages?

alguien, did you find your armor yet? I think they had some at one of the Halloween costume shops I went to last week.

alguien, did you find your armor yet? I think they had some at one of the Halloween costume shops I went to last week.

Stopping at a Halloween Hall (one of those temp costume stores all over the city) after work today. My roommate (who is being a working game of Operation--complete with light-up red nose and buzzer) has black spray paint so I can paint it black if necessary.

My roommate (who is being a working game of Operation--complete with light-up red nose and buzzer) has black spray paint so I can paint it black if necessary.

My secretary had to purchase black spray paint for me for the skull part of my costume since it isn't sold in the city! Anyway that stuff was super strong smelling. I think I got a little high off it.

That was, hands down, the best Halloween party of my entire life and possibly all of recorded history. Greyjoy, I can't thank you guys enough for letting us overrun your house and for feeding us so well! I'm so glad that so many of us were able to come out; that was so much fun!

I had such a fun time at the party on Saturday night! Greyjoy, thank you for opening your home to all of us. You and "Robert" both looked fantastic in your costumes...as did everyone that was there from the board! I have lots and lots of pictures from the party and I'm going to try to get them out to everyone via email this week.

Looking forward to the next Chicago BWB gathering...whenever that might be!

Greyjoy, next time the BWB here gets together be sure to invite the couple from the party who were as into the series as we all are here - the women was dressed as Red Wedding Cat.

The picture I'm most looking forward to by a wide margin is Ghost, Shadow Baby, and Gregor's skull doing shots.

Gregor was really paying for those shots all day Sunday. He looked like hell. LOL.

• 4 weeks later...

hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Sounds like the party was great even though I unfortunately couldn't make it. I'm just checking in to see if anyone would like to get together again potentially after New Year's since I'm sure the next month or so will be busy for a lot of people (although I'm not opposed to a "holiday" gathering if people are interested).

I'm just checking in to see if anyone would like to get together again potentially after New Year's since I'm sure the next month or so will be busy for a lot of people (although I'm not opposed to a "holiday" gathering if people are interested).

My weekends in December are pretty much booked at this point. If anyone is downtown and wants to meet up on weekday night at the Christmas Market or something like that I'd be up for it. But I leave it to someone else to suggest a date. But yeah otherwise meeting sometime in the new year would be good...we can start anticipating the second season of GOT on HBO!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived