Cyvasse

_Oberyn_

I used to play Chess but I gave it up a few years ago because I grew bored of it, Cyvasse sounds about ten times as much fun. Will Cyvasse be covered in this book and if yes to what extend? Any chance of a definite rule set?

I got the impression that it was like a combination of Stratego and Chess - Stratego in that each side sets up without knowing how the other side is setting up, and then Chess in that there are a bunch of pieces with varying strength and style of movement...

I got the impression that it was like a combination of Stratego and Chess - Stratego in that each side sets up without knowing how the other side is setting up, and then Chess in that there are a bunch of pieces with varying strength and style of movement...

And there seems to be terrain as well. (Mountains, Rivers, etc)

probably more like battleships and chess, you make your setup blindly and then play chess with little different movement rules.

• 3 weeks later...

hmmm...I do recall some similar boardgames that might be inspirations. For example, an Indian game whose name I forget, involving 4 players w/ their own corners, ad peices ranging from elephants to infantry, ect.

Another possibility might be Tamerlane Chess (http://www.chessvariants.com/historic.dir/tamerlane.html),which is a variant made to be much more complicated, and includes elephants, artillery, camels, giraffes, vizirs, 'citadels', and a specialized pawn 'promotion' system.

At least that's what popped into my head.

I got the impression that it was like a combination of Stratego and Chess

i was thinking this too, though they do know where the other players pieces are unlike strategy, but besides that the fact that they have terrain and different abilities depending on the piece make me think it could very much be a combo of the to, add in a little RISK and i think you'd have it.

• 1 month later...

Archived