[ADWD Spoilers]Question about a vision by Moqorro

Spring Bass

• 5 months later...

I also agree that the vison is of Euron but i think that Euron is some kind of greenseerer and beneth his eypatch is his greenseeing eye. Also i find it intresting that the three eyed crow that Bran finds has only one eye which means that these two are both linked in some sort of way and that they are both champions of the others.

Mellisundre says in clash of kings that shadows are servants of light. It is always said how Tyrion cast a large shadow and earlier on in dance before the vision of Euron its said that Jon Snow casts a long shadow. My guess is that this means the two of them have will have a big part to play agaisnt the others(obviously john)a dll

I also agree that the vison is of Euron but i think that Euron is some kind of greenseerer and beneth his eypatch is his greenseeing eye. Also i find it intresting that the three eyed crow that Bran finds has only one eye which means that these two are both linked in some sort of way and that they are both champions of the others.

Generally speaking yes, but if the details are to be considered, Euron is known to consume Shade of the Evening, which may grant him certain visions of the future. Still, he is not necessarily a greenseer. Euron also claims of have been visited by a crow (although it is not immediately clear if it is our friendly TEC). I would also link crows, and by extension Euron, to the powers of Storm rather than the Others directly.

I have a lot of trouble figuring out Euron's likely role in the story to come.

Well, now that Theon's known to be alive, I'm sure the Northerners will see an opportunity to make him king of the Iron Islands. Remember Asha kissing Tristifer Botley when he mentions a loophole in the Kingsmoot? Theon wasn't there and therefore still has claim to Pyke. I sense a battle but not before the dragons come to Westeros so we can see what that horn does.

• 1 year later...

Euron has two eyes- a 'smiling' eye, and the dangerous one. Wearing an eyepatch protected your vision going above or belowdecks, and if he has heterochromatic eyes, hiding them also makes him both more socially acceptable and more socially intimidating.

I was hoping it was red, rather than blue.

What is the significance of his eye being red?

• 9 months later...

What is the significance of his eye being red?

There are many possiblities here. Eye colors certainly seem to indicate something but it is difficult from the text to determine exactly what that "meaning" is. Any supposition on the matter will have to go beyond what the text says.

- BR as other folks have mentioned is a strong candidate of the "red eye". It is not my favorite theory on  the origins of his eye but there is a possibilty there.

- Melisandre's ruby seems to be important to the casting or sustaining of glamors so by extension other servants of R'Hllor may well use rubies to sustain their glamours as well. Euron certainly seems mad for all things "firey" so that could be an indication of his affiliation or previous contact with the ubiquitous Red Priests. (See Symeon Star-Eyes as well for replacing eyes with gems and still "seeing" with them as it were.) Implications beyond that I'll leave to another poster.

- It is said that Greenseer Children of the Forest had either green or red eyes which indicated their ability to work those magics, whereas most CotF were golden eyed. Note it was not one or the other color, but either that were looked for to find the abilities of the Greenseer/Warg. There may be an indication here that different "roles" or outlooks were necessary, a "green role" or a "red role", from time to time or the differences may be inconsequential.

-The Starks Direwolves all have different eye colors, some of which are red and seem to indicate something, the discussion of which is probably beyond the scope of this particular question. I doubt they relate to Euron in anyway just bringing up further examples of eye color differences and the roles they may play.

That is just the "red" ones of the top of my head let alone other eye colors ( blue, grey like chips of dirty ice, purple(Valyrian) and probably others I'm missing) and the roles they may play.

To be fair however, as well traveled and interested in magic as Euron seems to be he could've have gotten it anywhere really, he is sort of a "bon vivant" lol.

Archived