GoT Tattoo

Pyre

I just had a quick question and figured this is the place to get an answer.

I'm looking to get a House Martell tattoo, and I want to use the sigil HBO made for the show... Would I be able to just get it with no problems? Or would I have to ask permission from HBO? Or even GRRM?

I may be being overly cautious, but I figure it's a good thing to know! Any answers are appreciated.

I'd think twice about this. Not that you shouldn't do it ever, but at least wait until all the books are out, and the show is over. Who knows, maybe you won't like how it ends.

Would hate to get a tattoo, but I'd seriously love to get a House Stark sigil. Would be badass.

And no, HBO wouldn't care, because how would they know you even got a tattoo? And if they did, which is highly, highly unlikely, then what would they do? Force you to remove it? My dad got a Dale Earnhardt tattoo, which was from a design by a flag or cup he had. No problems.

I'd think twice about this. Not that you shouldn't do it ever, but at least wait until all the books are out, and the show is over. Who knows, maybe you won't like how it ends.

Good point, we might all hate how the story ends!

A little bit different, but The Hangover II got sued over one of the characters having the Mike Tyson tattoo.

But as long as you're not trying to "make a profit" from the tattoo, it shouldn't be a problem.

GH

Thanks for the info!

I have thought about waiting until the books are done, and to be honest I still might do it . . . but I actually have faith in Martin. He seems determined to get it right, even if it will take many more years. Problem is, if it takes many more years, I'll be a lot older before I have it!

Thanks for the info!

I have thought about waiting until the books are done, and to be honest I still might do it . . . but I actually have faith in Martin. He seems determined to get it right, even if it will take many more years. Problem is, if it takes many more years, I'll be a lot older before I have it!

Ok, but don't come crying when house Martell resurrects Joffrey and tries to get him reinstated or something. :P

A little bit different, but The Hangover II got sued over one of the characters having the Mike Tyson tattoo.

But as long as you're not trying to "make a profit" from the tattoo, it shouldn't be a problem.

GH

yeah the issue isn't getting the tattoo. it's using the image of that tattoo in a feature film.

• 3 months later...

Archived