[ADwD Spoilers] Dusky Woman

I think there is more to her. Hence why we think she is a poor spy.

I'm not sure that spy is right, but I think she is an agent for Euron. Morqorro mentions that when the dragon horn is blown that a dragon can be bound to a new master, but he does not say how that works. It seems that he knows what to do when the horn is blown. I suspect that the dusky woman knows what to do this as well and that her job is to bind the dragon to Euron.

Morqorro is competition and hence her angry reaction.

Oblivious to all of this is Victorian who thinks they both serve him. Not likely in either case.

Poor old Vic has a major sad in his future. This is known.

I'm not sure that spy is right, but I think she is an agent for Euron. Morqorro mentions that when the dragon horn is blown that a dragon can be bound to a new master, but he does not say how that works. It seems that he knows what to do when the horn is blown. I suspect that the dusky woman knows what to do this as well and that her job is to bind the dragon to Euron.

Morqorro is competition and hence her angry reaction.

Oblivious to all of this is Victorian who thinks they both serve him. Not likely in either case.

Poor old Vic has a major sad in his future. This is known.

well I said spy cause vic tells her everything. Alll his plans about taking daenerys for his own. About the dragons. That bitch has gotten an ear full from vic. So she has a lot to say about him. And euron gave vic a mute so vic would feel able to talk to her.

• 4 months later...

The dusky woman is actually Varys, master mummer. And the Varys that killed Kevan is actually Tyrion. And Tyrion is actually Ethan Hunt wearing a rubber mask. And Ethan Hunt is actually a henchman with his mouth duct-taped shut, wearing an Ethan Hunt mask. And everything is in slow motion.

I think in the long run it will be Moqorro who fucks Vic over. If he's following Benerro's directive and truly believes Dany to be AA, then it's only a matter of time before he no longer has any use for Vic (ie when they reach Meereen). And needless to say, Vic's own plans are definitely at odds with Moqorro's. But regardless of how it happens, Victarion is so dead. This pains me, as I quite like that great silver bullock badass.

The dusky woman could be a red herring (Eurons gifts are poisened) but I can't help thinking she's going to be important. It could just be Euron wanting to win favour with Vic but then why not give him two women? five? ten?

I always thought it was strange Euron sending Vic instead of himself. Maybe he wants Vic out the way doing something while he wins more and stronger loyalty from the IB. Imagine if Euron went away with the Iron Fleet to get Dany, would he return to find Vic wearing the IB crown?

He probably thinks Vic is too thick to plot against him.

The dusky woman could be a red herring (Eurons gifts are poisened) but I can't help thinking she's going to be important. It could just be Euron wanting to win favour with Vic but then why not give him two women? five? ten?

Huh?

I always thought of the Dusky woman as one of Varys' little birds all grown up.

Huh?

I always thought of the Dusky woman as one of Varys' little birds all grown up.

I just mean it looks to obvious that the author might be leading us to a conclusion the going a different way ( sortof a red herring; look it up if you want it explained better)

Just with Vic repeating "eurons gifts are poisened" it's hammering that fact into are heads toi much.

But I could be wrong...

Crackpot Theory: Euron is a skin-changer who wargs into the Dusky Woman in order to spy on Victarion.

So Euron is having sex with his brother?

Combining these two he wargs into the dusky woman to have sex with his brother.

Lost it at this.

I subscribe to the faceless woman theory however is she there for Euron's motives or another?

• 1 year later...

Someone brought up a good point - if the Dusky woman is a spy, there is no way for her to get information to Euron. And I've always wondered why a clever player such as Euron would trust his brother (whom he betrayed once) to fetch Danerys and the dragon for him instead of getting it himself - its probably important mission #1 for Euron conquering Westeros. So I think one of these things has to be true:

1. Euron is warging into the Dusky Woman

2. Euron has a Warlock warging into the Dusky Woman

3. Euron IS the Dusky Woman

4. Euron had a Warlock disguise himself as the Dusky Woman

5. Euron is watching with glass candles

I think #1 is a good contender. This way he keeps an eye on Victarion. But one problem, why would he hiss at the sight of Moqorro? Euron would not do this - but a Warlock might.

#2 could be true, same benefits as #1, and makes a little more sense.

#3 is almost completely preposterous, but I'm not willing to say that this is definately not true as it would be hands down the most shocking reveal in the series. Vic has been doing his own brother the whole time - ick. At least with the warging Euron/The Warlock could leave duing the sex so the actual dusky woman could handle this part. But this theory is truly sick in my opinion. But given the story so far, anything is possible.

#4 nearly as sick as #3, but sans incest. GRRM loves him some incest though. But this would kind of make sense. With a Warlock there, he could bind a dragon with magic. My guess is that this or #2 are the most likely scenarios.

#5 this is a good possibility, but Euron would have no way to affect events as they unfold, so I think that this is unliekly. However, Euron could be travelling incognito in Vic's fleet, only to reveal himself at the proper time.

I think the Aeron chapter that GRRM didn't read at one of the conventions may shed some light on this question.

Just tinfoiling here, I thought about the dusky woman using a glass candle to communicate with Euron. In theory she would not need a tongue to speak through a dream e.g. Ghost's dream at Skirling Pass. Though what she could report to Euron so far seems useless. "Your brothers still alive and still an idiot, over." ??

1. Euron is warging into the Dusky Woman

2. Euron has a Warlock warging into the Dusky Woman

3. Euron IS the Dusky Woman

4. Euron had a Warlock disguise himself as the Dusky Woman

5. Euron is watching with glass candles

Here's a bit of tinfoil:

6. Osha is the Dusky Woman

Archived