Football: A Feast for Forwards

MercenaryChef

Dominant showing by Liverpool today, with Suarez the maestro at the center. Bolton looked better than that in their first two games, but they hardly touched the ball today. As I have said so many times, Liverpool play much better football without Andy Carroll. He's an 18 stone ball & chain at the moment. He really needs to learn some better movement and mobility to fit into this team, rather than have the team set up around him.

Carragher was at fault for a soft goal conceded in injury time, spoiling my fantasy football score for Luis Enrique.

The ref was very poor today. Suarez should have had two penalties:

(1) he was criticized for a "theatrical dive" from a Zat Knight tackle from behind, but the replay showed that Knight did foul him from behind and when Suarez stayed on his feet from that tackle then Knight used his hand to tug Suarez' ankle to trip him at the second attempt. In fairness to the ref, the tug on the ankle was hard to spot, but the initial tackle hit across Suarez' legs without touching the ball.

(2) Later on Robinson tackled from behind in the box just as Suarez was about to shoot. Robinson came through Suarez's legs without touching the ball. The ref initially gave a goal-kick, and then changed to a corner kick (I think because of the linesman).

Also the Bolton keeper picked up clear back-pass, and there were a couple of corners and throws that very clearly came off Bolton players but we were awarded to Bolton.

The referee had a very blinkered view of the game.

1. Sunderland lost the derby. Very bad.

2. Sunderland played with 2 defenders, 8 midfielders and no strikers in a cup match against Brighton. They lost 1-0 in extra-time. Very bad.

3. Today they drew 0-0 with Swansea with another poor performance. Not good.

4. Asamoah Gyan is overweight, unfit, his touch is gone and doesn't look interested. Extremely bad.

5. Our defence does look solid. Quite good.

6. Sessegnon is a brilliant player. Very good.

7. Jordan Henderson scored a very nice goal today. Fair play to him.

8. Shamrock Rovers- what a result!!! Great for Irish football.

9. Sunderland need to sign a striker, a left winger and maybe a left-back. Very soon- or the fans will be completely against Bruce.

Back to business today. 2-0 up and it should be more. Not sure if it's a blessing we're playing St Mirren or if we're actually seeing a bit of a spine from our team. I'm optimistic.

ETA: Also, Lawl. Paul McGowan thinks he's Paul Scholes. :lmao:

ETA II: Shouldn't have spoke. Poor stuff.

Capello:

"I was speaking with Arsene (Wenger) in Italy this week. Theo came to me. I said I prefer you as a player than a writer."

:laugh:

I'm surprised Walcott hasn't became a non-entity for the Italian.

Wow. Spurs got hammered hard, at White Hart Lane even. I thought they were toothless against Man U as well, but maybe it is just the incredibly strong opposition they are facing.

A quattrick for Dzeko, 3 assists for Nasri, another goal for Aguero. They can afford to keep Tevez on the bench.

Archived