Football: A Feast for Forwards

MercenaryChef

I think he'll do well. He wasn't good enough to break into our team but he's not nearly as bad as he's sometimes been made out to be. He's a decent creative player and he's only 22.

Newcastle are going to be an utterly different proposition to last year. Then the attacking threat came from physicality, hard work, clever movement and tidy passing, and with Ben Arfa out there wasn't a great deal of beating a man going on; now with Obertan, Ben Arfa and from the looks of Marveux, the attacking threat is going to be based almost entirely on that, though Ba isn't a dissimilar player to Carroll. He'll struggle to stay fit, though.

I do wonder what the lineup will look like. I presume something like Jonas/Marveux on the left, Obertan down the right and Ben Arfa behind Ba/Shola/the goalscoring pest in the middle? That does look like a pretty solid first choice lineup, with a lot of rotation and movement going on behind Ba, though the midfielders will need to step up their goal ratios. Who'd line up with Tiote in the middle though? If Barton ends up staying presumably he'll go back central, but otherwise?

Cleverley is a don. Jones and Young look to have settled in quickly too, and Smalling being reinvented as a rampaging right-back... shame about De Gea, hope his confidence doesn't disintigrate.

Our second goal was sexy. Just hope we're not relying as much on Nani as we were last season, but that shouldn't be the case.

First defeat for the new PSG (without Pastore), 0-1 to Lorient at home :commie:

Kombouare is in trouble if he can't win with this group. They were shaky in their friendlies and nothing has changed. Even more embarrassing is that Lyon won at Nice. It will take time as it did for Manchester City and others to find the right mix. Hopefully PSG can at least get top 3 this season.

Apparently Gyan is monstrously overweight :(

It could be exaggeration but apparently he's very fat and looked disinterested.

He is a small bit temperamental and is the kind of player that can lose interest in a game. I hope he sorts himself out for next week because we're relying on him hugely for next season. He did brilliantly last season, he has a touch of class but needs to hit 15 goals this season really.

Izaguirre is out for six months. Fuck sake!! :bang: Upsets our team balance so much. If we lose Kayal and/or Ledley next, we'll be facing disaster. We only really have one LB in our squad remaining, Charlie Mulgrew, but he's proven to be better positionally as a ball-playing CD in our formation.

Amazed he hasn't received a Scotland cap yet, as he's proven to be a very good player since rejoining our club. Cultured defender...in Scotland...madness.

Anyway, hope we can bring someone in suitable to replace Izzy.

Even more embarrassing is that Lyon won at Nice.

And it was the first time I was bringing my nephew to the stadium. :( He still had fun so it's ok I guess...

When the result for PSG-Lorient was given, both OL and Nice supporters cheered ;) It was a rare moment of perfect harmony.

Archived