Football: A Feast for Forwards

MercenaryChef

All Carling Cup games in London off too. I wouldn't be surprised if all the games got called off at the weekend as well, if it carries on.

I was putting an accumulator on at William Hill this morning and one of my selection was for Crawley Town to win away at Crystal Palace. I totally forgot that was a London match so the selection was put through as void which means my potential winnings are only £27 now when they could have been much more if I'd selected another match.

*facepalm*

So the England-Holland game has been called off because of the riots. That should please Wenger, Fergie et al at least. It's a stupid time to have international friendlies anyway.

Pretty lame that they have everybody rioting just so they can avoid a home defeat against Holland IMO. They could have just fielded a b side and lose, if they knew their best side didn't have a chance either...

Pretty lame that they have everybody rioting just so they can avoid a home defeat against Holland IMO. They could have just fielded a b side and lose, if they knew their best side didn't have a chance either...

You're pretty full of yourself, this has nothing to do with the Holland match. It's quite obvious that these riots were instigated by Nigerians fearing another humiliating defeat to Ghana.

The match was really called off because Wayne Rooney wanted to join in with the rioters and steal some clothes from Primark for Coleen.

I'd still take Henrik Larsson over most footballers and he's near 40!

2 years ago i've seen him play for helsingborg vs malmo and he was by far the best player on the pitch.

he's the only reason i don't count those 2 hours as completely wasted (the match was mindnumbingly boring, larsson assissted for the only goal of the match with 5 or 10 minutes left to play)

A bit over an hour until Germany-Brazil. I know it's a meaningless friendly, and I know Brazil aren't at their best at the moment, but still that's a cool fixture.

Hopefully Mario Götze will play from the start, that kid is pure class.

These internationals in August -- not even qualifiers -- are balls. Commons injured before joining up with Scotland, Brown injured in match and Kayal reportedly injured for Israel. Grr. Leaves us with two fit CM's, Ledley and Ki, the latter of which will be wrecked after travelling so far. :worried:

A couple of lame penalties, a couple of excellent goals by Götze and Schürrle and a wholly unnecessary goal by Neymar in the last minute. All together translate into Germany's first victory over Brazil in 18 years. Entertaining game.

Next time I want to see Götze and Özil on the pitch together.:drool:

ETA: Oh yeah, I thought Menezes' reaction to Löw

was pretty funny.

A couple of lame penalties, a couple of excellent goals by Götze and Schürrle and a wholly unnecessary goal by Neymar in the last minute. All together translate into Germany's first victory over Brazil in 18 years. Entertaining game.

Next time I want to see Götze and Özil on the pitch together.:drool:

ETA: Oh yeah, I thought Menezes' reaction to Löw

was pretty funny.

The only good thing to come out of this game is that the odds that Mano gets sacked before the end of the year have increased significantly. Three defensive midfielders? André Santos? Ralf? Ramires? Horrible.

Archived