Five Characters We're Most Looking Forward to in Game of Thrones Season 2

William Mager

This is an article I wrote for Holymoly.com about Game of Thrones Season 2.

A couple of apologies:

- First, I didn't include Patchface.

- Second - there's an error on Jaqen H'Ghar's entry. Valar Morghulis should have started on the next line and been in quotes.

- Third - Stannis Baratheon is the older of Robert's two younger brothers, not his older brother.

Apart from that I hope you like the article and feel free to like on facebook, share on twitter etc.

Best,

WLM

Holymoly.com Game of Thrones article

• 3 weeks later...

What, no love for Craster?

Personally the one I'm most looking forward to is Mel. The prologue opening for Season 2 is gonna be awesomeness. In addition to her it's mostly the Dragonstone characters I'm looking forward to. And Qhorin.

Brienne and Stannis for sure.

Roose Bolton

Pod

Strong Belwas

The Mountain's men and the Bloody Mummers, if they're not merged.

Balon Swann! For some weird reason.

Margaery Tyrell, though I'm mainly interested in what they do with her.

Anyone else think they'll have Meryn Trant die attacking Tyrion at the Blackwater, rather than introduce Mandon Moore?

A couple of apologies:

Fourth (and this is only a pedantic correction), Carice Van Houten was in Black Book, not Black Books. The latter is a British comedy series starring Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey running a rather surreal bookshop. I have to thank you for giving me the mental image of Tamsin Greig as Melisandre, which is probably the funniest thing I've seen all day. ^_^

The Leech Lord and the Little Leech Bastard are a given. I recently watched a movie in which the guy who plays Davos (Liam Cunningham) features somewhat prominently so, I'm pretty excited to see what he'll do with one of my favorite characters.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking most forward to seeing Roose Bolton. I'm not as taken with him as many other readers but the actor they chose just seems so promising... I think he will be fantastic.

Also Stannis, For some reason I like that rigid bastard and the actor that was cast is by all accounts great.

Davos (who doesn't love Davos?)

Brienne should be interesting.

And finally Jaqen, mainly because the actor looks like a babe! ;)

Melisandre- She could be incredible if delivered correctly.

Stannis- Also a great character but could easily seem boring with the wrong actor.

Quorin Halfhand- What a badass.

Jaqen H'Gar- Same.

Ramsay Bolton- What a creepy, scary guy- if done right.

Archived