Asian Fever II

Yagathai

Well, just the fact that there was a previous thread and now you're trying to drum up noise on this one means this is more an issue for you than anyone else.

That a good place to start or should I try something with "whiteboy" as the centerpiece? :dunno:

Again, dudes name is Perseus...can't remember who the hordes were in the last thread, but they might even have difficulty defending this one.

I'm guessing OP is trolling for responses. The ad is obviously a fake, and I bet he made it. I agree with your sentiments, this is twice I've seen this fairly provocative thread that is clearly created to start trouble and has little merit.

Attacking the messenger and accusing him of perfidy is a great way to derail the conversation. Do you have a personal stake in this, Simon? Is it a little too close to home, perhaps?

No, and I think the thread would have been fun and hilarious if you just stuck with you original post--it is a funny ad whether real or false, I am just not sure why your second post seemed intent to bait people is all. But I don't care that much, and I certainly don't think the thread should be closed.

Re: LooN

ripe daikons of asian beauty.

Yes, it does resemble me, now that you mentioned it.

<--- See title

Re: Chef

I do not wish to impose racial quota onto whom we find attractive sexually, either. But that's not really the core of the complaint about the yellow fever, is it? I'm not upset that some white people find Asian people really effing hot. Well, jolly good for all of us. The distress is not about that part, wouldn't you agree? Rather, it's about two things: cultural stereotypes and the exoticfication of the outsiders. This is not unique to Asians, of course, since at least in the U.S., black people also face some of this. The stereotypes are different, but the mechanism is the same. In that, we see that the common denominator is the power of the people in the majority group asserting over those in the minority group (yes, I see many issues through a racial lens).

I also think that the yellow fever bears the same root as the feminist (well, not third-wave ones) complaint about men objectifying women, as well. Do women not want men to find them sexually attractive? No, not unless they're lesbians I'd say. But there are acceptable ways and there are unacceptable ways of going about it. If all you look at are their boobs when you talk to them, then no, that's not acceptable. You're objectifying them, and very few people enjoy being made to feel that.

Re: S John

If so, just as it is unfair to assume that an Asian woman is submissive, it is unfair to assume that a non-Asian man dating an Asian woman is creepy.

Just so. I am with a Caucasian man. When I was in an Asian gay social group, several of the gay Asian guys there assumed that my partner is a rice queen. Well, he's not. At the same time, there were 2 rice queens that hang around the group, as well. One is a sexual predator, and one is a genuine nice guy. So, it comes in all shades.

Does the phenomena exist? Yea, probably, as evidenced by the above posting (if real).

Eh? Probably? While that particular profile may be fake, the phenomenon is 100% real. Some of us have even experienced it first hand.

Some examples (paraphrase from memory):

"I see from your profile that you're Asian. I really like the soft feminine Asian guys with tiny cocks. You must be so hot."

"You are Chinese? I love Chinese men. They are so nice and quiet."

"I really love ladyboys. Are you free tonight?"

"You're hot. I want to suck on your eggroll." (Okay, maybe this is just a terrible pick-up line)

"I see from your profile that you're Asian. I really like the soft feminine Asian guys with tiny cocks. You must be so hot."

"You are Chinese? I love Chinese men. They are so nice and quiet."

"I really love ladyboys. Are you free tonight?"

"You're hot. I want to suck on your eggroll." (Okay, maybe this is just a terrible pick-up line)

Even though you went to an appropriate length to keep the source anonymous, you could’ve at least had the decency to give me a warning that you were going to start sharing our PM’s with the board.

Is the OP an Asian man? Because it sounds a lot like he’s pissed ‘cause whitey is stealing his action. You hear a lot of these types of statements when black guys are (ostensibly) stealing all the good white women and white women are stealing all the good black guys, etc. into infinity.

Is the OP an Asian man? Because it sounds a lot like he’s pissed ‘cause whitey is stealing his action. You hear a lot of these types of statements when black guys are (ostensibly) stealing all the good white women and white women are stealing all the good black guys, etc. into infinity.

This made me think of

the phenomenon is 100% real. Some of us have even experienced it first hand.

I get what you're saying about a societal power dynamic being at play - in addition to objectification of Asians as 'exotic'. When you are white in America, the whole power dynamic thing is a double edged sword in that often times its totally to your advantage, but occasionally you might look like the evil/creepy/jerkface white man when you're intentions are in fact wholesome. Obviously, when intentions are not wholesome, you have every right to take issue with that. But, in this day and age, in modern America it is completely unfair to make that call on anything other than a case by case basis. If you do not absolutely know that untoward objectification is going on, then .. well, you don't know. And even then, what if the objectified party knows it and likes it? Since I'm not an insider in that relationship, who am I to say?

All I'm saying is that coming across as bitter that some white guys are out there looking to plow Asian girls - is that fundamentally any better than, say, if I were upset that some black dudes are out there plowing white girls? I think if I were to make a thread lamenting that there are some white chicks out there banging black guys - the board would collectively drop-kick that nonsense right out of here and give me a solid scolding on a personal level while they're at it. I mean seriously can you picture that on page 1 of general chatter - "You know what I hate? (subtitle: black dudes that dig white chicks!)" Probably wouldn't get too many +1's for that OP.

In matters of the heart and the genitalia, you gotta let people do what they do. As long as both parties are consenting adults, I'm not going to have anything to say about it.

lol

Yes, that is exactly what is going on. Yellow fever does not exist! It's just us uppity chinamen complaining about whitey stealing our geisha-women!

And all the single women complain that the wonderful guys are either gay or married...

That’s a little different in my book though. “Wonderful” is pretty subjective, whereas “Asian woman” is not. The latter example also carries with it all the baggage of racism and the power dynamics in America that S John touched on his post.

Yes, that is exactly what is going on. Yellow fever does not exist! It's just us uppity chinamen complaining about whitey stealing our geisha-women!

I never said it didn’t exist, people are going to like what they like, I just said that you sound like you have a chip on your shoulder.

If the nice girl next door wants to cast her romantic gaze outside the geographic limits of Chinatown, your first thought should be joy at her exercise of personal choice and not demonizing her white partner for his unhealthy sexual aspirations for Asian women.

OK, about to get all TMI up in this bitch, because the posters insinuating that Yags posted this because he's being all chip on his shoulder Nice Guy Syndrome are out of line.

I'm a white woman, and I've fucked Yags. Believe me, he's fucking amazing in bed and doesn't need to be butthurt over any white men ~* stealing his women *~. Probably the best sex I've had to date, to be honest, and I'm a huge hobag whose "number" is currently over 25.

In fact, as far as I know he's fucked the whole rainbow, as it were, so this isn't about him wantin to ~* protect the lotus flowers *~ or whatever. Dude doesn't discriminate in the bedroom. Well, he might have a preference for LARPers.

I'll post verifying details, but stop with the "blame the messenger" bullshit because that's derailing as fuck. Also, Yags, call me.

Furthermore, I'll echo the poster who said that no one is arguing that finding Asian chicks hot is bad. It's when you objectify by race to the point of excluding said Asian chick's humanity and individuality - I have Asian women friends who have been told they are "exotic and mysterious" and other really gross, Other-izing descriptors by men - that shenanigans are called.

My problem is that "yellow fever" is so poorly defined. Does any non Asian man that prefers Asian woman have yellow fever? What is "yellow fever" to you Yags?

I don't think anyone is claiming that sexual exploitation of minorities is not real. Just that looking at every interracial couple and claiming that one of the partners has some kind of sickness is wrong, and that they should be looked on a case by case basis.

I never said it didn’t exist, people are going to like what they like, I just said that you sound like you have a chip on your shoulder.

If the nice girl next door wants to cast her romantic gaze outside the geographic limits of Chinatown, your first thought should be joy at her exercise of personal choice and not demonizing her white partner for his unhealthy sexual aspirations for Asian women.

lollll except Yags dates outside his race all the time, way to straw-man.

My problem is that "yellow fever" is so poorly defined. Does any non Asian man that prefers Asian woman have yellow fever? What is "yellow fever" to you Yags?

I don't think anyone is claiming that sexual exploitation of minorities is not real. Just that looking at every interracial couple and claiming that one of the partners has some kind of sickness is wrong, and that they should be looked on a case by case basis.

Nice tilting at windmills - that's exactly what no one on this thread has argued.

OK, about to get all TMI up in this bitch, because the posters insinuating that Yags posted this because he's being all chip on his shoulder Nice Guy Syndrome are out of line.

I'm a white woman, and I've fucked Yags. Believe me, he's fucking amazing in bed and doesn't need to be butthurt over any white men ~* stealing his women *~. Probably the best sex I've had to date, to be honest, and I'm a huge hobag whose "number" is currently over 25.

In fact, as far as I know he's fucked the whole rainbow, as it were, so this isn't about him wantin to ~* protect the lotus flowers *~ or whatever. Dude doesn't discriminate in the bedroom. Well, he might have a preference for LARPers.

I'll post verifying details, but stop with the "blame the messenger" bullshit because that's derailing as fuck. Also, Yags, call me.

Furthermore, I'll echo the poster who said that no one is arguing that finding Asian chicks hot is bad. It's when you objectify by race to the point of excluding said Asian chick's humanity and individuality - I have Asian women friends who have been told they are "exotic and mysterious" and other really gross, Other-izing descriptors by men - that shenanigans are called.

I wouldn’t say your post was TMI, I just think it had nothing to do with the conversation he created, especially judging by the comments from boarders whose tenure here is longer than mine regarding the nature of his responses in a previous thread (and from this one, post ten in particular).

If I started a conversation about Jungle Fever and mentioned that it pisses me off every time Motumbo or Marquise stole another one of my sweet, all-American Caucasian women, I would hope everyone would call me out on it. Even if the monster-fuck of my life was a black chick.

I do, however, agree that racial stereotypes as a singular or primary driver of sexual attraction is likely to be an unhealthy foundation to build on.

Nice tilting at windmills - that's exactly what no one on this thread has argued.

I mean, I've met Yags a bunch of times, I like him, and I don't think he has a chip on his shoulder about this; but I do think he started this thread (and the last one) kind of to create drama. The first one got extremely contentious within half a page, to the point where I think it's fairly clear he's shooting for getting folks riled up. And it can be/is kind of funny... but it can also be kind of irritating.

Archived