Asian Fever II

Yagathai

About fifteen years back, when my uncles wife died (right before he retired), some of the Korean gals at work thought he'd be an excellent catch for their widowed Aunts and Mothers. For something like a year and a half, these ...mature... Korean women would 'date' him - usually fixing him dinner a couple times a week, low key night out, that sort of thing. He never took up with any of them, but did aquire a taste for Korean food.

Just curious - what is the empirical difference between binding ones feet and getting a boob job?

Future quality of life. AFAIK, except in cases badly gone wrong, getting a boob job doesn't impair health, mobility or ability to do anything one could do pre-boob job. If the foot binding goes *correctly*, there's pain and loss of mobility. It was meant to limit where women could go and what they could do, possibly make it harder for them to leave the house at all. I can't really think of a way that a woman could be physically controlled just by the act of having had a boob job.

ETA: Also, foot binding was often started young. I don't think it's even legal to get a young child a boob job?

There is no way that kid is tossing out any applications from a genuine female.

His ideal - Asian, 115lbs, likes anime, sushi, a fine wine

What he'll likely take - possesses a vagina, would actually consider sleeping with him

You sure about that. I woulda thought willingness to be seen in public with him is higher on the list than actually getting any. The perception that he's getting it is more important that the actually getting of it.

You sure about that. I woulda thought willingness to be seen in public with him is higher on the list than actually getting any. The perception that he's getting it is more important that the actually getting of it.

This guy, if real, is 22. And look at him. I don't like being judgemental, but shit man, that is not a lady-killer of any stripe at age 22.

As such, you crazy.

Oh shit, quick, convene a board whiteboy meeting . We have to decide how to respond to this, guys.

I have two proposals. One involves ignoring it until it goes away, the other involves copious amounts of open flame.

The only part of that entire post that I found even remotely uncouth was the insistence upon an Asian lover. I know that people have their types, and some people (myself, chief amongst them) can be far too picky when choosing a potential mate. I just fail to see how ruling someone out simply on the basis of race is even bordering on sane, let alone ruling out everyone who is not of a specific race. I have known many women who were of a mind to not even consider someone that was not of race X. I never liked it, I never understood it, and I never could see the logic in it. For some reason I find it even harder to understand when coming from a man who clearly should be jumping for joy to have a primate expressing interest in him (not that any primates are likely to do so).

ETA: On the upside, this did boost my self-esteem a bit. I may not be the "Super-Stud" (my own preferred definition of my former glory) I once was, but at least I'm doing much better than that kid! And I can say some things that he cannot. Things like, all of the women that I have dated (*I doubt he has dated) have all been of the same species and have all had a pulse!

Second Edit: EGADS!! I just wen back and re-read his ad... He's 22 and looking for a girl aged "Not less than 16"... I bet he's honestly hoping for someone that looks a lot "less than 16" so that he can console himself with her true age and whisper "I am not a pedophile" repeatedly into his pillow at night in the hopes that he'll someday be able to believe that he isn't.

Poor guy. With credentials like that he'll likely have a slew of women responding merely to use him and throw him away as a boy toy.

I laughed when I saw that in the ad. Does that make me a bad person?

This thread isn't complete without a boarder from the Indian subcontinent complaining about the general term for "Asians" being used to describe only people from the Far East. So here I am, too.

Okay, yes, the way that yags phrased it was intended to get a reaction out of others. Still, the opinions that did/do get voiced as a result are leading a discussion (meandering as it is) on the actual issue. In particular, I think it's worthwhile to showcase just how many people hold the views such as "oh you're just complaining because the white people are stealing your women", etc.

I don’t think anyone here is attempting to say that white men who only aspire to fuck and wed Asian women based on stereotypes of those women do not exist, that their outlook is not harmful and that it isn’t a problem. But the OP never phrased his opposition to Yellow Fever in that context here, he did it in one that to me (and perhaps I am wrong, but at least I am not alone) sounded more like bitching and lashing out based on a chip on the shoulder mentality regarding Yellow Fever. It would be ridiculous to assume that all complaints about Yellow Fever are rooted in distress that all the good Asian women are being stolen by Whites, but it is equally ridiculous to say that none of them are. People are going to like who they like and if that is based on a stereotype, that is the problem of the person who holds that view, and those that respond favorably to it, to hash out between themselves. Why aren’t these same Asian men concerned about their peers that only date Asian women based on the same cultural stereotype?

And just as an aside because this thread called her to mind, I have a friend who as a 14 year old white girl in rural Alabama made the controversial decision to only date black men because she didn’t like the way men of other races, especially whites, “smelled.” Who am I to tell her she is wrong in her preferences?

Archived