Survivor: South Pacific

pat5150

Totally agree AP. You should watch expedition impossible.

3 guys called "The Gypsies" are kicking ass, and a 3-some with a blind guy are totally kicking ass. All the token eye-candy and stupid teams got eliminated first pretty much...

Well, producers eye-candy approach seem to hurt the show. As much as I love to see twenty years olds in their underwear, they lack substance. So casting women in late twenty's and early thirty's might achieve more substance and game-play at the same time not diminishing the eye-candy factor.

I hope producers bring the water challenges back. So we can witness awesomeness of dolphin-boy Ozzy once again. Anyone here likes Ozzy's new hair?

Are you saying that there is no such thing as a beautiful and sexy woman in her late twenties or early thirties??? :shocked:

Patrick

Quote:So casting women in late twenty's and early thirty's might achieve more substance and game-play at the same time not diminishing the eye-candy factor.

He was saying the opposite of what you thought.

I love this show. I enjoyed every season while watching it, even though I can admit they have been subpar at times, heck I don't even mind the redemtion island thing. My one issue with the show is the survival aspect.

It seems to me that when I first started watching this show(first season with jonny fairplay and rupert) they really made the survival aspect apparent. It seems to me that the survival side of the game has taken a back seat to the game side of survivor.

Also, I would like to see seperate reward and immunity challenges more. I don't care for them being all in one challenge.

I don't mind the redemtion island aspect, but I would like to see them do it for 5 votes only. Then have those 5 people compete in one big challenge, instead of individual challenges.

Quote:So casting women in late twenty's and early thirty's might achieve more substance and game-play at the same time not diminishing the eye-candy factor.

He was saying the opposite of what you thought.

You're right. . . Which goes to prove that you shouldn't post stuff on message board early in the morning, or at least not before you have a cup of coffee in you! :P

Patrick

Also, I would like to see seperate reward and immunity challenges more. I don't care for them being all in one challenge.

I don't mind the redemtion island aspect, but I would like to see them do it for 5 votes only. Then have those 5 people compete in one big challenge, instead of individual challenges.

I agree with you. I don't like redemption island inhabitants and their individual challenges taking lot of screen time. Tribe challenges are much more pivotal. Last season's individual challenges were boring and without climax. I rather watch more of camp life where people scheme and plot. But focusing too much time on RI is one of the reasons that alienates people from show.

Thanks pat5150 for the link and The Imp's Advocate for the clarification.

I have finally watched Expedition Impossible. It was good show but not as groundbreaking as Survivor. It was kind of mush-up of all different reality shows. Gypsies really kicked asses. They were united and of course with lot of field experiences. Cops were not the sharpest tools in the box despite claiming they were solving crimes and stuff all their life. They were oblivious to fairly simple logic and didn't pay much attention to the crucial details. I'd worry if they were protecting my neighborhood. Quick-witted shady guys would strive in that hood. I was rooting for No limits, they fought trough such heavy odds. Overall the cast was fairly normal people and down to earth characters if we think them as such.

I always thought Amazing Race's Phil Keoghan is Jeff Probst wanna be. But host of this show was clearly Phil Keoghan wanna be. Jeff Probst and Phil Keoghan (I must admit) did fantastic job defining how to host such shows. I can't really think any other way (better way) to host.

I also read following paragraph about Survivor from Wikipedia. Does anybody know what is it all about? If it's true that they re-enacted scenes then which season was it?

Burnett has also received criticism for re-enacting scenes with actor stand-ins which he claims were used to increase production value and did not affect the outcome of the game

I also read following paragraph about Survivor from Wikipedia. Does anybody know what is it all about? If it's true that they re-enacted scenes then which season was it?

Re-enacted scenes are the challenges. They re-enact so that they can get better camera angles. Generally any shot during a challenge which does not contain a contestants face or is a close up of like a ball hitting a target is a re-enactment.

All Survivor junkies take notice: The first episode of the new season starts September 14 at 8:00 EST with a 90-minute debut.

Thanks, Pat, for the reminders too, BTW. I probably would have let the first two episodes slip by if I hadn't noticed this thread. :)

Jeff Probst seem to bagged the Emmy Award again. Way to go. I am really excited about new season. Can't wait ya. I live outside of America. At the moment I am on move. So it seems watching Survivor gonna be challenge for me.

You can either change your ip address for a free US proxy to watch the show, or you can download the episodes. I figure they'll be available online within 24 hours or so... You might also try the Canadian network, global.ca. Not sure if they have territorial restrictions like cbs.com...

Patrick

You can either change your ip address for a free US proxy to watch the show, or you can download the episodes. I figure they'll be available online within 24 hours or so... You might also try the Canadian network, global.ca. Not sure if they have territorial restrictions like cbs.com...

Patrick

Yeah, I usually download the episodes. But currently I am moving to new country (or rather moving back). So I am not sure I will be able to download episodes. It might take a while to settle down.

Archived