Survivor: South Pacific

pat5150

It was okay, but nothing spectacular. The red tribe in perfect awe of Ozzy made me cringe. Haven't they learned anything from Boston Rob's Ometepe zombies?

There seems to be a good mix of characters and personalities, but no one other than Christine appears to be truly playing the game yet. This is season 23, folks! Day 3, and the Savaii tribe is only starting to build their shelter???

Should be interesting to see how it all plays out. . .

Patrick

It was okay, but nothing spectacular. The red tribe in perfect awe of Ozzy made me cringe. Haven't they learned anything from Boston Rob's Ometepe zombies?

There seems to be a good mix of characters and personalities, but no one other than Christine appears to be truly playing the game yet. This is season 23, folks! Day 3, and the Savaii tribe is only starting to build their shelter???

Should be interesting to see how it all plays out. . .

Patrick

I haven't watched any of the survivors that Ozzie was on, but so far completely unimpressed.

Ozzy won 5 of the 6 individual immunity challenges on the Cook Island, and lost the million dollars to a single vote to Yul. He is a powerhouse in physical challenges, especially for aquatic ones. In this day and age, that of the pussy puzzle or non-physical challenges, it remains to be seen how much of a force he'll turn out to be. You saw how much he sucked at the pyramid puzzle...

Patrick

I was really kind of meh about the new season, wasn't even planning to watch but found myself getting sucked right in almost instantly when I happened to stop on it while changing channels.

I've never watched one with Ozzy in it, totally see a Rob thing going on with the girls (and actually everyone else too) just hanging on his every word. Was he a straight up type of player? He doesn't seem as smart or cunning as Rob but has that zen thing going on, seems a little too zen imo.

Can't believe Coach hasn't annoyed me yet.

How long do you think Brandon can keep that damn shirt on lol? Not smart.

I was hoping Cochran would go, I don't know if I can stand his whiny-ness for much longer, does he remind anyone else of Woody Allen? Not a fan.

So far I don't like the pot dude either. Whatever the hell is name is.

Ozzy was awesome in his heyday. He is a physical player. He is well-rounded in challenges, be it swimming, diving, running, climbing and balancing. For me he doesn't suck in puzzle solving. He doesn't panic or get too excited during challenges. So he can solve puzzles methodically. His main weakness is social aspect of the game. Strategically he is not up to there with Rob. But he isn't stupid either.

Haven't watched new season yet. But soon....

What we learned from this week's episode

Week 1 Season 23 "Return of the Idiots"

1. Survivor just may be losing fans because for a while, it didn't look like the production budget was big enough to give us tag lines when people had confessionals...

2. If you are obnoxious enough (Coach) or insanely stupid but great at challenges (Ozzy), there are unlimited chances to play this game.

3. Out of the vastness and entirety of the entire ocean, Brandon Hantz can actually find the tiniest fish in the sea.

4. God hates boobs... Brandon told us this as he stared longingly at Mikalya's ample bosoms. This was positively confirmed by the later boot of Semhar who may possibly have the most pronounced chest in the history of the show.

5. If you are going to have an emotional breakdown at the beginning of the game (Dawn), It is best to do so in front of a returning hippy. (Ozzy)

6. If your name is Cochran, you probably will be a good lawyer.

7. After 23 seasons of evidence, and two failed attempts to win himself, Coach still doesn't know how to play the game of Survivor.

I am sure that there are many, many things that I have missed here, but that is all the energy that I can muster on this years bunch of witless attention whores. I am sure that you guys can come up with some other examples as well.

One last question... If you weighed 80lbs, with half of that weight being your chest, and you were sent to redemption island where there was virtually no chance of making it back in the game, then why wouldn't you tell Jiffy to stuff it and walk to the catering tent?

Because then you wouldn't have a platform to whine about how fake and cold-hearted your tribemates are? She's right, it's totally unfair. She bared her soul and told them how sorta-bad she felt about giving up in the challenge. What more do they expect?

I would have been pissed if they voted off Cochran before her because she deserved the boot for those ridiculous leggings alone.

Kinda underwhelming premiere, but it has potential.

If anything, it made me question even more why Ozzy and Coach. It's obvious so far that neither of these guys have have much strategy. Coach's seems to be, "oh crap, I'm going to get voted out. Hope that doesn't happen!" and Ozzy's is, "hey look at that pretty girl. Maybe she will be in an alliance with me."

Cochran is either going to surprise and go far or he's just going to be the pre-merge storyline as he tries to combine his fandom of the show with an ability to actually play it and maybe starts to find his way just in time to get booted.

It apparently runs in the family, because Brandon is kind of creepy.

Pot-selling guy has the potential to go far, but his mouth will end up killing his game or he'll be taken to the end as a goat.

No one else really left an impression.

Finally I was able to watch the new season. I must admit the women are hot. I didn't like Cochran. He whines too much. It is obvious that he isn't an ideal physical type of guy. But constantly reminding of his short-comings to ones around him, isn't gonna help. Learn from Rob C, whine only to the camera.

Overall the cast seem diverse and interesting.

1. Survivor just may be losing fans because for a while, it didn't look like the production budget was big enough to give us tag lines when people had confessionals...

2. If you are obnoxious enough (Coach) or insanely stupid but great at challenges (Ozzy), there are unlimited chances to play this game.

3. Out of the vastness and entirety of the entire ocean, Brandon Hantz can actually find the tiniest fish in the sea.

4. God hates boobs... Brandon told us this as he stared longingly at Mikalya's ample bosoms. This was positively confirmed by the later boot of Semhar who may possibly have the most pronounced chest in the history of the show.

5. If you are going to have an emotional breakdown at the beginning of the game (Dawn), It is best to do so in front of a returning hippy. (Ozzy)

7. After 23 seasons of evidence, and two failed attempts to win himself, Coach still doesn't know how to play the game of Survivor.

I am sure that there are many, many things that I have missed here, but that is all the energy that I can muster on this years bunch of witless attention whores. I am sure that you guys can come up with some other examples as well.

One last question... If you weighed 80lbs, with half of that weight being your chest, and you were sent to redemption island where there was virtually no chance of making it back in the game, then why wouldn't you tell Jiffy to stuff it and walk to the catering tent?

LOL! They made that Brandon guy look creepy creepy. I love how they edited it, having him going on and on about what a bad vibe he gets from Mikayla, and how dangerous she is because of something to do with him being a married Christian who's right with god, but then stalking her and staring at her through the bushes as she worked to build a shelter.

I got kinda lost on that whole thing. What I heard was "I want to do Mikayla bad, but my wife is watching and I won't be able to lie about it. We must get rid of her because I'm not going to be able to resist trying for a showmance."

Dude, don't you remember Candace from Tocantins!?! This and this may help spark your memory. . . ;)

I'm not much of a boob guy, but even I haven't forgotten those!!! :P

Patrick

Well, I would say, "tits on a stick," but that's a mighty fine looking stick too. :P

So, no love for Cochran, eh? I liked him. Yeah, he whined a bit, but the frustration of the situation was enough to make any nerd curse the fates that he wasn't physically talented like Ozzy. But, true, save it for the cameras. Unfortunately for him, from the previews it doesn't look like things get any better.

And, yeah, it's pretty funny how Oz and Coach have literally zero game. Oz's way with a few of the ladies may carry him a bit further than, say, Coach, but the ones he hasn't managed to charm will gang up with the other guys and boot his ass. Redemption Island is his only hope, and I must say it's a pretty good one. He comes in at the end and aces all the challenges. It's custom made for Oz, and most likely was exactly that. The producers had to wait a season to bring Oz back into the mix, otherwise it's would have been even more obvious than it already is!

And, yeah, Russell's nephew (Brandon?) is, if possible, even creepier than Russell.

And, yeah, it's pretty funny how Oz and Coach have literally zero game. Oz's way with a few of the ladies may carry him a bit further than, say, Coach, but the ones he hasn't managed to charm will gang up with the other guys and boot his ass. Redemption Island is his only hope, and I must say it's a pretty good one. He comes in at the end and aces all the challenges. It's custom made for Oz, and most likely was exactly that. The producers had to wait a season to bring Oz back into the mix, otherwise it's would have been even more obvious than it already is!

Ozzie is an idiot yes but what has Coach done that was bad? He provided useful tips for you know survival, he game planned the challenge all out for the team and he's formed a five person alliance. Why do you think the ones he hasn't charmed will take him out when they are literally outnumbered already by his alliance? Coach is safe for a long time methinks. He has sadly even laid off the crazy for a bit. What more do you want him to do in the first episode?

Archived