Unanswered questions at the end of A Feast for Crows (spoilers if you haven't finished the book)

Arya79

The alchemist's description matches that of Jaquen's new face and 'Pate' seems to have forgotten his pig boy issues. It's a pretty safe bet.

That makes sense. Who else has been giving away old coins; I'm thinking about the one he gave to Arya though it wasn't gold. A gold coin with the old king's face on it was found in the gaolers room in Kings Landing when they were investigating Tyrion's disappearance. The coin opens, closes, and has a little cameo in the middle of AFFC's.

That makes sense. Who else has been giving away old coins; I'm thinking about the one he gave to Arya though it wasn't gold. A gold coin with the old king's face on it was found in the gaolers room in Kings Landing when they were investigating Tyrion's disappearance. The coin opens, closes, and has a little cameo in the middle of AFFC's.

The middle coin is a different matter - to figure out that you best ask who wants a great cat to think of roses.

Just started this book yesterday. I am all a twitter from the Littlefinger's last actions. And whats to happen to Snow.Also curious about Tyrion. omg.What has he done.

Sadly you won't get much of Jon Snow until you read A Dance With Dragons, and you won't get ANY Tyrion until then either. This book covers what happens to people in the south of Westeros, ADWD covers the north and Essos during the same time frame as AFFC until a certain point then the stories move forward.

Who are the grey sheep Marywn talks about to Sam?

What is the meaning of the word that the Citadel is building has no place for prophecies, sorcery, dragons or glass candles?

On the second point, the citadel is the keeper of knowledge and technical advancements in the world, so it seems reasonable to me that they would put in the effort to push society towards a positivist position, where magic, mysticism and incredible creatures not only do not exist, but are frown upon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have some unanswered questions, I hope someone can shed some light on them (especially nos. 2 and 3)

- Arya did kill Dareon right? Was her blindness her punishment for killing him?

- Does Margaery Tyrell know about Loras and Renly being lovers?

- Is Margaery really having an incestuous relationship with Loras?

- What happened to the Silent Sisters carrying Ned Stark's body to Winterfell? We've never heard of them again. What if they did reach (broken) Winterfell, can they just leave Ned Stark's bones in the crypt?

--

I think GRRM gave a little spoiler at the last chapter (Meanwhile, back on the Wall...) when he mentioned Davos Seaworth. In the book, Cersei ordered Lord Manderly to have Davos' head chopped off but like ryneanders has said before "if martin hasn't described the death or shown us a body i hold out hope that they are still alive."

Well, headless bodies can't really talk can they? So I'm assuming Davos is still alive in ADWD and Manderly may have tricked the Freys into believing the spiked head on the wall was Davos. So Manderly may have sided with Stannis and have something up his sleeve.

I feel bad for Bran, he wasn't mentioned anywhere in "Tyrion, Jon, Dany, Stannis and Melisandre, Davos Seaworth, and all the rest of the characters you love or love to hate will be along next year (I devoutly hope) in A Dance with Dragons..." :laugh:

I have some unanswered questions, I hope someone can shed some light on them (especially nos. 2 and 3)

- Arya did kill Dareon right? Was her blindness her punishment for killing him?

- Is Margaery really having an incestuous relationship with Loras?

- What happened to the Silent Sisters carrying Ned Stark's body to Winterfell? We've never heard of them again. What if they did reach (broken) Winterfell, can they just leave Ned Stark's bones in the crypt?

--

I think GRRM gave a little spoiler at the last chapter (Meanwhile, back on the Wall...) when he mentioned Davos Seaworth. In the book, Cersei ordered Lord Manderly to have Davos' head chopped off but like ryneanders has said before "if martin hasn't described the death or shown us a body i hold out hope that they are still alive."

Well, headless bodies can't really talk can they? So I'm assuming Davos is still alive in ADWD and Manderly may have tricked the Freys into believing the spiked head on the wall was Davos. So Manderly may have sided with Stannis and have something up his sleeve.

I feel bad for Bran, he wasn't mentioned anywhere in "Tyrion, Jon, Dany, Stannis and Melisandre, Davos Seaworth, and all the rest of the characters you love or love to hate will be along next year (I devoutly hope) in A Dance with Dragons..." :laugh:

Arya slit Dareon's throat. That is why the kindly priest gave her blinding milk.

I don't know the answer, but I suspect she knows. She seems quite bright. The better question is was Dragonstone truly taken by Loras or do the Tyrells and Redwyne's have another plot brewing. Remember that Littlefinger received a raven that said Riverrun fell but Storm's End and Dragonstone had not fallen. Did Loras really suffer the horrible burning to boiling oil or did Aurene Waters have a tale to tell for some other reason. It is suspicious considering he bailed on Cersei and took her newly built fleet with him.

Great question! I too wonder where Ned's bones are right about now. I am more concerned about Ice. Brienne has Oathkeeper, but what about Widow Maker? Where is Joff's sword?

Oh, and what word did Brienne say to stop her hanging... Arya, perhaps...

Jaqen is definitely working for Varys. I'm convinced that Varys had Joff posioned and that it was done by the Faceless men.

Arya slit Dareon's throat. That is why the kindly priest gave her blinding milk.

I don't know the answer, but I suspect she knows. She seems quite bright. The better question is was Dragonstone truly taken by Loras or do the Tyrells and Redwyne's have another plot brewing. Remember that Littlefinger received a raven that said Riverrun fell but Storm's End and Dragonstone had not fallen. Did Loras really suffer the horrible burning to boiling oil or did Aurene Waters have a tale to tell for some other reason. It is suspicious considering he bailed on Cersei and took her newly built fleet with him.

Great question! I too wonder where Ned's bones are right about now. I am more concerned about Ice. Brienne has Oathkeeper, but what about Widow Maker? Where is Joff's sword?

Oh, and what word did Brienne say to stop her hanging... Arya, perhaps...

I am pretty sure Tommen has Widow's Wail. Just guessing though.

Jaqen is definitely working for Varys. I'm convinced that Varys had Joff posioned and that it was done by the Faceless men.

I'm pretty sure this was done by the queen of thorns? I think It's mentioned in one of Sansa's chapters that the only one touching her hair-net was her.

Actually, the Tears of Lys and the Strangler are to different poisons.

My impression from ASoS was that pretty much everyone knew about it.

Jaimie makes fun of the fact in front of the whole Kingsguard

Something about sticking Loras' sword in a place "that even Renly couldn't find."

Something about sticking Loras' sword in a place "that even Renly couldn't find."

Good point, if Jamie knows about it (and he's at KL) then surely Margaery who's always by his side would know! How could I forget about that when it's in my siggy :P

I'm sure I could have missed it (along with plenty of other things on the first read-through) but as far as I can recall, Loras and Renly's romantic relationship has never been overtly acknowledged in the books other than in above mentioned hint from Jaime. Definitely correct me if I'm wrong.

Of course, HBO takes the topic "head" on with a one-on-one scene between the two. The producers have acknowledged that along with the necessary deletions of certain plotlines, they have actually added a few of their own in the adaptation. Is the Loras / Renly thing a creation of the show or something that just hasn't been brought to the forefront yet in the literature?

I'm sure I could have missed it (along with plenty of other things on the first read-through) but as far as I can recall, Loras and Renly's romantic relationship has never been overtly acknowledged in the books other than in above mentioned hint from Jaime. Definitely correct me if I'm wrong.

Of course, HBO takes the topic "head" on with a one-on-one scene between the two. The producers have acknowledged that along with the necessary deletions of certain plotlines, they have actually added a few of their own in the adaptation. Is the Loras / Renly thing a creation of the show or something that just hasn't been brought to the forefront yet in the literature?

It's not the only hint, I'm not sure if we are allowed to link to an offsite here but you can google "Are Loras and Renly gay?" and click on the first link that appears. :)

Archived