Roslin Frey

The late lady stark

Does anyone else find it odd that Frey has one pretty daughter? Maybe she's not that stunning and just benefits from the company of ugly women--or low expectations. But still it seemed odd that with all her sisters, etc being from such a shallow end of the gene pool that

Edmure would get a pretty Frey. It made me wonder if she was a Frey at all, and maybe just brought in as part of the Red Wedding Plot.

What do you think, we will hear from or of her again?

she probably is

Don't make much sense if she is not, I think he took Edmure as a hostage instead of killing him like the rest, because he wants edmure and roslin to have children, so his grandchildren can rule the land, is a stupid plan, but otherwise I see no point in not killing edmure, he is at war with the Tullys because of what he did in the Red Wedding anyway, killing the lord would be a good way of crippling them

Does anyone else find it odd that Frey has one pretty daughter? Maybe she's not that stunning and just benefits from the company of ugly women--or low expectations. But still it seemed odd that with all her sisters, etc being from such a shallow end of the gene pool that

Edmure would get a pretty Frey. It made me wonder if she was a Frey at all, and maybe just brought in as part of the Red Wedding Plot.

I've found it a bit interesting that all the semi-'good' Freys are from his sixth wife (Bethany of House Rosby.) You have Olyvar, Roslin, and Perwyn.

I do hope we'll end up with Lord Olyvar of the Twins, but GRRM probably won't give us that.

And on the spoilers

My take of it was just that Frey didn't want to put Edmure off and get him annoyed enough to leave or something of that sort.

I think he has some fair-looking daughters/granddaughters, simply because (as Catelyn said) he could make in army of only his kin. I think Roslyn must be decent, but Edmure shows so much relief and surprise because most of the Frey women are ugly or fat.

• 1 month later...

Well, with 50 odd daughters and granddaughters, chances are at least one will end up decent looking (take after their mother instead of weasely Walder Frey). I think the point of the Freys offering Edmure the most comely available Frey female is so that he would be enraptured with his bride, instead of unhappy, which would've put Edmure and others more on edge, and possibly ruined the Frey's surprise attack. Especially if Edmure had gotten angry, refused the marriage, and everybody in the party tried to leave The Twins - if he had, the chances of anybody getting close enough to Robb Stark to kill him would be dramatically reduced, as all would be on their guard, and likely would've armed themselves.

• 3 months later...

You know, that was what actually upset me about that chapter. I was expecting

robb and cat to be butchered at the wedding just b/c i can't resist spoilers but I'm so bummed that Edmure and Roslin can't live happily ever after now. I mean, he seemed so pleasantly surprised with Roslin, it was so sweet and I just wanted someone to be happy in Westeros for a change! But I'm also confused as to why Old Gross Frey reserved a pretty one for Edmure when the wedding was a sham anyway, I'm assuming to make it all the more bitter-sweet. I'm hoping that since Edmure lives (as a hostage) he and Roslin just fall in love and shack up anyway to spite Old Gross Frey and make me feel better, lol.

I don't know if all that had to be in a spoiler thing but better safe than sorry i guess.

You know what they say about everybody has 'one' in the family? Look at the Starks, noble, pragmatic, stoic and close to devoid of humor... and then there's Sansa. The Lannisters, caniving, short tempered and vindictive... and then there's Tyrion. The Greyjoys, Viking pirates.... and then there's Theon. So the chance of having one, and sofar only one, comely Frey is not so surprising. It's just sad that Edmure stuck a fish in her while everybody else got stabbed with swords, arrows and pikes.

You know what they say about everybody has 'one' in the family? Look at the Starks, noble, pragmatic, stoic and close to devoid of humor... and then there's Sansa. The Lannisters, caniving, short tempered and vindictive... and then there's Tyrion. The Greyjoys, Viking pirates.... and then there's Theon. So the chance of having one, and sofar only one, comely Frey is not so surprising. It's just sad that Edmure stuck a fish in her while everybody else got stabbed with swords, arrows and pikes.

He didn't know what was going on,

it's not like he turned around to see all of his loved ones being butchered and just chose to ignore it, she was distracting him as he was bedding her, along with the nearby musicians.

Archived