Minor houses you'd like to see more of

HashRouge

What minor houses would you like to see more of? At the beginning it was all about the Starks, the Lannisters, the Baratheons and the Targaryens. Since then we've become better acquainted with the Martells, the Grejoys, the Boltons, the Tullys and so on, but who do we just not see enough of? After ADWD I'm definitely starting to think we need to see more of the Manderlys, as, without giving anything away to those who haven't read it, the episodes with them are some of my favourites in the book. I'd happily see less of Jojen and Meera, but I do think it's about time for Howland Reed to finally make an appearance. And, although they're not a minor house by any means, I wouldn't mind more insight into the Tyrells. I still can't decide if Loras and Margaery are just two dimensional pretty people, or if there's more to them.

I want to see Howland Reed as well. The crannogmen (sp?) seem really interesting to me because they believe in visions, etc. Plus with Howland there would be light shedding about the things that happened with Ned and Lyanna, etc.

I'd like to see the Tyrells more as well seeing as they are a big player in the game. I'd also read about the Daynes since they seemed to play a pretty big part in the past war.

I don't care about the Tullys though, ehhhhh

I feel like I've already replied to this thread, before...hmm...

BUT! I would love to hear more about the Crannogmen, specifically Howland Reed. I'd also like to learn more about the Yronwoods (I love Dorne) and, perhaps, a little more history on house Clegane.

I remember George R.R. Martin explaining that the Clegane's were originally kennel masters for the Lannisters. A long while ago, while one Lord Lannister was out hunting, he was attacked by a lion.

The kennel master Clegane and his dogs saved him from the lion, but, Clegane was very badly injured. Because of this, the Lannister made a Lord of him. Dozens, perhaps hundreds of years later, we have good old Gregor and Sandor!

I digress, though.

Yronwood, Mallister, Reed, Clegane. Those are my picks.

I'd like to see Howland Reed as well, if only for a history lesson.

I don't really care about the Tyrells, but I would like to somehow see Garlan in combat. From the little we know of him, he's more than capable with a sword, and that'd be nice to see in action.

I guess of the game players I'd like to see more of the Martells. Doran plays the game cautiously, but when will he make his move?

As for an actual minor house, I want to see if the Manderlys can get their revenge on the Boltons and Freys, and return their liege lord Rickon.

All of the Dornish houses seem to have interesting backgrounds. Uller, Yronwood, Fowler, Blackmont and of course DAYNE!

We haven't seen the Westerlands in the actual narrative so I'd like to know more about those houses too. In particular, the extinct Reynes and Tarbecks and all of the times they tested the power of the Lannisters before Tywin pulled them both down.

Weren't we supposed to be given the Clegane motto in the most recent book?

Yeah, we were, and we were meant to find out more about their lands. I presume it was in one of the chapters that got cut early-ish. It seems likely that the next Cersei chapter will have the build-up to her trial-by-battle, so maybe it dishes some dirt on UnGregor's personal history.

• 2 weeks later...

Boltons and Freys please. :3

Also, Umbers.

For some reason, I don't feel much 'pull' to the minor houses of those who didn't Ally (or Ally and betray) the Starks. The Lannisters and Tyrell bannermen didn't catch eyes unless they were 'Clegane', 'Redwyne' or Kingsguard. Then again, the Martells did have 'Dayne'. And Greyjoys had 'Harlaw'. Okay, I take it back.

Stark Bannermen: Boltons and Umbers

Tully Bannermen: Freys

Lannister Bannermen: Clegane

Tyrell Bannermen: Redwyne

Martell Bannermen: Dayne

Greyjoy Bannermen: Harlaw

Barratheon Bannermen: Pass. -.-

Archived