Jon Snows parents

smokeyvamp

Now, why would Jon remove his bastard title and claim the Seven Kingdoms, when he did not accept the original offer from Stannis to give him a pardon and Winterfell? Would it be because he found out that Eddard was not his father? Again, finding out his true parents would not affect his ideals, he will stay in the Night's Watch.

@Crown The Lord of Light will show him through the fires.

@Ser Well if Jon learns Ned is not his dad he might be upset, and If Rhaegar is his father he might want to claim the throne back. Also he might want to leave the wall if he feels that nobody welcomes him there. Another possibility is that he might not like Dany(if she comes across the Narrow Sea) so he makes Stannis remove the bastard title and therefore makes Dany's claim false based on regular laws. The Climax of the Series as a whole kind of rest on his parents.

@Ser Well if Jon learns Ned is not his dad he might be upset, and If Rhaegar is his father he might want to claim the throne back. Also he might want to leave the wall if he feels that nobody welcomes him there. Another possibility is that he might not like Dany(if she comes across the Narrow Sea) so he makes Stannis remove the bastard title and therefore makes Dany's claim false based on regular laws. The Climax of the Series as a whole kind of rest on his parents.

So, if you find out who your real parents are, you just forget your all your morals and ideals? He took an oath and so far he has done his best to preserve it's sacredness. Also, why would he be angry with Ned? He raised him as his own son, even though it would be a blot on his honor. Lastly, I don't see him wanting to rule the Seven Kingdoms and without him we would lose the only P.O.V on the wall.

Do you really think Jon would believe anything Melisandre said she 'read' from her fires? She seems to 'read' all the things incorrect, so I don't think this option is acceptable.

Do you really think Jon would believe anything Melisandre said she 'read' from her fires? She seems to 'read' all the things incorrect, so I don't think this option is acceptable.

If it comes to the sacrifice part he doesn't need to believe her only Stannis.

@Ser Well you never know he could pull a Jamie and have a turn of character.

If it comes to the sacrifice part he doesn't need to believe her only Stannis.

True, but it seems to be a little bit far-fetched. I think Howland Reed will show up someday and tell the world about Jon's true parents.

Argh, dude why do you have that name?! Makes me instantly hate you, haha.

True, but it seems to be a little bit far-fetched. I think Howland Reed will show up someday and tell the world about Jon's true parents.

Argh, dude why do you have that name?! Makes me instantly hate you, haha.

Cause he is awesome. Burning Winterfell and making Theon get blamed for it haha genius. Now he looks like a hero cause nobody knows it was him that destroy the Main City in the North.

Also nothing is that far fetched with GRRM he has done so many things that are just random.

Cause he is awesome. Burning Winterfell and making Theon get blamed for it haha genius. Now he looks like a hero cause nobody knows it was him that destroy the Main City in the North.

Also nothing is that far fetched with GRRM he has done so many things that are just random.

I assume you haven't read A Dance with Dragons yet? (no spoilers meant with that, just some shit about Ramsey Bolton)

Ah, well, it's George R. R. Martin indeed. Far-fetched doesn't appear in his dictionary.

Haven't yet still working on AFFC.

I just want Jon's parents to be revealed. Someone told me that he thought Jon's father would be Robert. Thoughts? that Robert and Ly. were together before the Prince of Dragonstone took her.

Ah, well, allright, I'll keep my mouth shut!

Why would Eddard keep that a secret? Why would Robert keep that a secret? Doesn't make sense, but it would be a brilliant plot-twist.

I was thinking back on some hints that might give away his parents.

When Robert wants to kill the Targaryens children and Dany. Eddard is completely against it. Could this be because of the honor involved, but the Targaryens murdered his father and brother. Or could it be that he wants Dany to live because she is Jon's aunt.

Thoughts?

I was thinking back on some hints that might give away his parents.

When Robert wants to kill the Targaryens children and Dany. Eddard is completely against it. Could this be because of the honor involved, but the Targaryens murdered his father and brother. Or could it be that he wants Dany to live because she is Jon's aunt.

Thoughts?

Or maybe he just wants to avoid killing children?

Also on Robert being Jon's father, I think he would have raised him, being his last connection to Lyanna. When Robert came to Winterfell in GoT, he basically ignored Jon.

Or maybe Jon is just the son of Ned and Ashara Dayne, just like everyone thinks. Wouldn't that be surprising?

Surprising, yes, but not very dramatically satisfying or fitting with what came before. Honestly, it's Ned's chapters that pretty much prove it to me. Constant, constant references to Lyanna in blood, "Promise me," the blue roses, and lying for honor. What could there possibly be that would fit all of those if not Jon as Lyanna's son? That plus the Kingsguard explictly saying they're not with Viserys at the Tower of Joy plus "The dragon has three heads" and Dany and Jorah going, "But wait a minute, Rhegar only had two kids?!" plus the blue rose growing on the wall plus the very title of "A Song of Ice and Fire" makes me think if they aren't Jon's parents, there had better be some damn good alternate explanations for ALL these clues.

Incidentally, I definitely think this is what Martin was referring to in his Google Authors talk where he said pre-Internet, maybe someone in a thousand figured out something from the clues, but now that one person could say it and everyone else go, "Oh, okay, I see how that fits in with this, this and this." He did say he tries not to read the message boards and stuff in it, but also says he did when AGoT was first released and people still tell him theories in e-mails and conventions. There are loads of theories and fan explanations for who is related to who and what not, but this is the one that's pretty widely accepted and it's because out of all of them, it's the one the text continually backs up, not through characters in-story saying "Someone said Jon Snow's mom might be this person," but by the world and characters themselves Martin created.

• 2 years later...

Archived