favorite new characters from feast for crows

ryneanders

Well I really misliked Doran at first and took him for a craven, and with the fight going on between him and Arianne I started to like her more and more, but in the end at the last Arianne chapter GRRM made a great surprise for us. I am looking foreward to seeing what Quentyn might accomplish across the narrow sea. I hope he won't get across with Victarion,,,

Euron Greyjoy was one of the coolest and most badass characters introduced in AFfC. Don't get me wrong, he's totally evil but awesome at the same time.

Hotah is a cool character but a terrible POV imo.

Darkstar was completely uninteresting to me. :dunno:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Well, I suppose Brienne and Jaime don't count... (I LOVE THEM - don't know how i came to love a man who did that to sweet Bran, though).

So as for the others, I enjoyed the presence of ser Hyle, and the Lannistre-Frey aunt. From Dorne, Prince Doran isn't exactly lovable, but his importance took a whole new level and some of the action in the sequence will probably come from his doings.

If we're talking new POV, easily Cersei and Brienne - loved both of their arcs. I actually found my self disliking most of the new additions. But anyways, Dick Crab was cool, as is everyone from Braavos, especially the HoBaW.

Arianne and the Sand Snakes! From what I've read so far Dorne seems like a pretty cool place to be (except for Doran being passive as hell and getting...well those that have read that far know - a certain knight with a certain cloak killed) Sorry I'm new and don't know how to put spoiler tags.

Victarion Greyjoy seems awesome too, I really hope we see more of him

Everything that's happening in Dorne is very intriguing - it almost feels like this book serves for the Dorne characters as "A Game of Thrones" did for the characters in Winterfell which I think is really cool.

That being said, I'm gonna have to go with Victarion Greyjoy as my favorite new character and here is why: The chapter entitled "The Reaver" starts with a battle at sea involving Vicatrion's Iron victory warship. Victarion leaps onto the deck of the enemy ship and is completely surrounded. Does this freak him out? Not in the least, in fact he starts shouting "COME! Come kill me if you can!" and starts hacking through people like a madman. Then he finds the ship's captain and has a face-off with him that begins with the most badass dialogue ever:

""You" the Iron captain called across the carnage. "You of the rose! Be you the lord of Southshield?"

The other raised his visor to show a beardless face. "His son and heir. Ser Talbert Serry. And who are you, kraken?"

"Your death." Victarion bulled toward him..."

HOW AWESOME IS THIS GUY!

He ends up throwing that guy off the ship like a rag doll, then proceeds down to his bedchambers where he takes the dusky woman not once, but TWICE. This guy's a beast. A BEAST!!!

I am 10 pages into A Feast for Crows and I already have a quote I find rather funny, even if it comes from someone who promise to be as bad as some of the horrible characters from the other books :-)

"The mongrel has the right of it. The Mad King's daughter is alive, and she's hatched herself three dragons. "Three?", said Roone, astonished. Leo patted his hand " More than two and less than four. I would not try for my golden link just yet if I were you. "

For all I know, this Leo might be killed during the next 10 pagers, of course :-)

Honestly, I'm so confused as to why people say Crows is the worst book so far...it's definitely been living up to expectations for me, despite Bran and Jon being obviously absent (not holding my breath too much about Dany).

Yeah, I was also infuriated about Doran Martell's spinelessness in the beginning, but that last Arianne chapter just totally blew my mind. Apparently he has his own game going on.

I was sooo happy to see Cersei POVs too, mainly because I got to see how her mind really worked. It cracked me up in a lot of the more obvious places. I still can't believe how gullible she is when people use her pride and paranoia against her. And (not) surprisingly, she doesn't feel the speck of guilt for sleeping whoring around with Lancel and the Kettlebacks, but actually feels annoyed at Jaime for caring about his honor. She's also insanely unstable and needs to get that narcissism slapped out of her. Though that Maggy prophecy is intriguing. I'm dying to know how Tyrion is supposed to strangle her, if at all. For all we know, Jaime's awesome rejection of her plea at the end might mean change...

Not sure about Victarion, since he seems so insecure and a bit petty. Euron seems like a badass, but not witty enough to make me like him as a "villain". I adore Asha though, and can't wait to see where she's gone to. Gah, and Hyle Hunt is so cute. I did like the Brienne chapters, how she's struggling with Renly/Jaime and all the guys from her past. Catelyn/Stoneheart is just irritating. All the Braavosi are great, though, especially that kindly man. And Meribald. Is it okay if I totally loved everyone in Crows?

The Damphair was awesome. I'm in love with Asha for some reason. Victarion was cool.

As for older characters, Jaime ruled this book. The Blackfish (a personal favorite for me) was awesome in his brief appearce.

I loved this book soooo much!

Honestly if i had to say that AFFC really belonged to one character. I would have to say it was Jaime Lannister. Im a Stark and North supporter to the death, but i loved Jaime in this book. I feel no other character had more character development.

There is so MUCH to like!

I mentioned Leo, but of course, I'd only forgotten him. ( I've already smacked my forehead, but feel free to add some.) :laugh: The insomnia blurb on the cover of my edition is not just a blurb for me :wideeyed: .

I read way too many hours with few breaks and no wonder characters escape me. Fortunatly, no real people suffer for it, except myself.

Doran Martell might have been scheaming while watching the pools but I fear it is mostly in his head. On the other side, I've learned that few are NOT players and most who's got a shadow of power ( over others) are now thinking about dragons.

<P>There was less humor in this or it might be that it simply came from new

characters. There are beautiful passages though and a lot of wisdome. GRRM is

eloquent when describing the victims of the war through his Broken Men and the

breakdown of moral and honorable ideas&nbsp;among the socalled Outlaws. </P>

<P>I highly doubt the kindly man is among "the good guys" but then again, most

of the characters aren't created as wholly bad nor wholly good.&nbsp; </P>

<P>I laughed out loud when I read the acknowledgment. " This was a bitch"

.&nbsp; And it&nbsp;<EM>was</EM> harder to read than the previous books but not

because it is inferior&nbsp;to them, only because it followed a less beaten path

. The familiar&nbsp;doesn't mean&nbsp;better. </P>

Among the new charachters, my votes go to No One and YES , I lie. The Prince of Dorne, Alleras The Sphinx , the kindly man and Taene.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived