Order of Sections in Character Pages

Kissed.By.Fire

This might seem silly and unimportant to some, but I like organization and continuity.

Glancing at some character pages, I've noticed that the sections such as History, Recent Events, Family, Appearance, etc. don't exactly fall in the same order on every page. I think having them in the same order on every page helps when a person is scanning for something specific. That way they know right where to look spatially.

Can we agree upon a set order? At first I had thought that all the pages like Jaime Lannister's:

History

Recent Events

Appearance

Family

Quotes (if any are entered)

References

I've also seen the Appearance before History (see Ramsay Bolton's page). I really don't care which way they are, as long as it is the same on every page. I just don't want to start changing them to all be the same and find out afterwards that we'd already decided to do it opposite of how I chose ( = big waste of time).

Any opinions? Has this been discussed before? Am I just being anal retentive?

Nope, not at all anal retentive. The character pages are supposed to be like Jaime's.

It goes by likelihood of spoilers being included. History...no spoilers there it's all in the past. Recent Events, well we're working on the ability to hide newer stuff so people don't get spoiled. Appearance...well it can get spoilery there so its further down the page and people have had to read quite a bit to get there (think Lancel Lannister of Theon Greyjoy). Family, with the deaths and marriages marked (think Margaery Tyrell for marriages and the Stark tree for deaths) further down. Then quotes because they too can be spoilery. (Think Wyman Manderly's page in a couple of weeks when his most awesome of speeches is going to be in his quotes section.)

That's the reason why I've been laying it out that way. Didn't catch them all, like Ramsay's (sometimes I can have tunnel vision and not pay attention to some stuff).

Archived