[TWoW Spoilers] Arianne I

KSC

Hey.. What about Margaery Tyrell?

Looking at their present situation Margaery would have been the best option. Aegon's main problem seems to be the Tyrells if an arrangement can be reached with them he can easily take King's Landing. But she's been married to three kings already, one might think she brings bad luck.

Looking at their present situation Margaery would have been the best option. Aegon's main problem seems to be the Tyrells if an arrangement can be reached with them he can easily take King's Landing. But she's been married to three kings already, one might think she brings bad luck.

Considering that Renly and Joffrey died in mysterious circumstances, I would hope that *anyone* would be very wary of marrying her at all. But, the hope of legitimacy and an easy conquest of Westeros might be awfully tempting.... Also, Aegon would expect the Dornes to be with him, so nothing is gained by marrying Arienne, and Sansa comes with at least as much baggage as Margaery, so she might not look like a great choice, either.

Considering that Renly and Joffrey died in mysterious circumstances, I would hope that *anyone* would be very wary of marrying her at all. But, the hope of legitimacy and an easy conquest of Westeros might be awfully tempting.... Also, Aegon would expect the Dornes to be with him, so nothing is gained by marrying Arienne, and Sansa comes with at least as much baggage as Margaery, so she might not look like a great choice, either.

Sansa is not even in the running IMO and even if she was she is actually married and accused of killing the previous King, Arienne doesn't bring anything to the table and Margaery can bring an easy victory and the backing of a second great house which they will need for legitimacy but it just seems almost comical that Margaery will just remain queen as kings keep changing. It might happen and it actually is politically the best maybe even the only choice but its like a death sentence (it might fit since I can't see Aegon succeeding for too long so there is that).

I agree Sansa is not even in the running. Not only would Aegon probably not want to marry the daughter of Eddard Stark, one of the chief rebels (and Jon Connington lost against him in the battle of the bells, so one can expect what he thinks about that), LF would never let Sansa slip from his grasp in this way. It means Sansa leaves the Vale, leaves him and does not marry Harry so support from the Vale is not guaranteed. Sansa can't bring Stark armies either, as those just don't exist anymore.

Sansa can't bring Stark armies either, as those just don't exist anymore.

See - northern lords response to the news of "Arya's" wedding to Ramsey. There is no reason to think that the same response would not be forthcoming if/when Sansa reveals herself.

See - northern lords response to the news of "Arya's" wedding to Ramsey. There is no reason to think that the same response would not be forthcoming if/when Sansa reveals herself.

They would help her if she was being held hostage by a perverted man but they are not going to follow her into battle to give Aegon Targaryen the Iron Throne. Can they even follow anyone into battle in the south? The North as a potential military ally is not an option.

They would help her if she was being held hostage by a perverted man but they are not going to follow her into battle to give Aegon Targaryen the Iron Throne. Can they even follow anyone into battle in the south? The North as a potential military ally is not an option.

I didn't specifically mention any situation where Sansa somehow hooks up with Aegon. My point was that the comment "there are no Stark armies" was not valid.

I didn't specifically mention any situation where Sansa somehow hooks up with Aegon. My point was that the comment "there are no Stark armies" was not valid.

The point that Sansa would bring those hypothetical Stark armies is invalid, though. The armies you speak off would fight for Stannis (whose castle in the south has just been taken by Aegon - he is not going to fight for him) and at best Manderly (but he will declare for Stannis if the latter accepts Rickon and/or Bran, which he will). The armies and people in the north will have their hands full fighting the Boltons and Freys at first, and after that Stannis will think about the Others and the northmen will be worried about finding sufficient food and shelter/heat to survive the winter. Even just moving an army is a nightmare in the north in winter.

So, Sansa does not bring any Stark armies, and possibly not any Vale armies either with Sansa not married to Harry or Sweetrobyn. And Littlefinger would lose his pet mini-Catelyn.

This would also explain why Aegon could have taken Storm's End so easily....

you know, this actually makes A LOT of sense. I can totally see Mace coming up with "marry my daughter if you want the castle" or something like that.

Margaery comes with a big advantage over Sansa, namely 2 or three armys in the field. Although they both seem to have the inconvience of having husbands. I bet hes gay and marries Loras.

you know, this actually makes A LOT of sense. I can totally see Mace coming up with "marry my daughter if you want the castle" or something like that.

It actually makes no sense whatsover, considering that Storm's End was held by men loyal to Stannis, and those don't take orders from Mace.

What may have happened is that the men of the Golden Company attacked and routed the Tyrell holding force and then presented themselves to the garrison as being hired by Stannis => open the gates.

The Tyrell army is important because it gets Margaery's protectors away from Margaery and leads to something stupid happening in King's Landing. I don't think that Mace is going to flip to Aegon unless ensured a marriage and Jon Connington is determined to marry fakeAegon and Dany for legitimacy purposes. The best bet is for Margaery to still remain "married" to Tommen and for Tommen to be under the Tyrells control.

@Wouter mace could have joined his men to the GC & THEN take Storm's end

There was only a small holding force remaining. Even with the GC added, this is still way less men than Mace used to have sitting in his siege before he was called back to KL.

If they were working together, there would obviously be no reason to meet a Tyrell army in the field, either.

KG1982;

We don't know what size of Tyrell army is approaching. The Tyrells have 2 very large armies in KL by the end of ADWD (one from Mace, the other lead by Tarly). It could be one of the 2, or a subset of one or both armies. Either way, we shouldn't just assume they left no Tyrell soldiers whatsoever in KL when they marched for the Storm Lands. Presumably, a sizable contingent of soldiers and knights stayed with Margaery to protect her from the Sparrowns and co.

Prediction: They were able to "conquer" Storm's End so easily by actually winning over the garrison diplomatically. Similarly, the Tyrells are approaching with the express purpose to turn themselves over to Baby Aegon, pull their support from the Lannisters, which would be a serious shake-up.

No matter how it goes down, the FUNNIEST thing in the world would be for this whole Westeros/7-Kingdoms business to be finished up by the time Dany meanders her way back to the homeland (by being united under Aegon, for example)

So as expected after ADWD, Connington and Aegon are going to use Storm's End as a holdout until such time as they are ready to move to King's Landing. It seems unlikely they'd just want to take Storm's End and leave it at that and wait for Dany.

They can't, they'd just get sieged and that's not really such a great position to maneuver from. Plus they need to raise more troops anyway. It'll certainly serve as a propaganda tool.

Either Sansa or Margaery would be the best choice if Aegon wants to get that throne. However, I do not believe that Aegon would want Margaery; anything happens to Tommen and she won't be marrying another king. Sansa is best, I think, the Riverlands might rise for her (Lannister subjugation and all) and LF is the Lord Protector of the Vale so she brings the Vale armies with her. However, I am not sure that LF will want to give her up permanently and it is anyone's guess what Aegon would think. She is also currently married but that can be dealt with easily enough.

If Aegon marries Arianne, that is IMO a tip-off that he won't stay King. As far as I am concerned, it is definitely still up in the air whether or not he will succeed. But the more I think about it, the more likely I think it is that Aegon and Arianne will get married. I also oddly like the idea of Myrcella since this could move towards fulfilling Cersei's prophecy in a more concrete way (though again, I'm not convinced that Arianne and Darkstar haven't already fulfilled it through the attempted crowning and murder).

As soon as news arrives of Daenerys' failure, I expect action on the marriage front. And about Doran's vengeance - :lmao:

Archived