Randyll Tarly

grandmazter3

I'd look at him differently sure, but hey, as long as he isn't hanging my children from dungeon walls, there's no legitimate reason to mistrust him. His intent was to toughen Sam up. Not to simply see him in pain, he's not Ramsay Snow or anything. And as long as I knew that, I would still be able to trust him. I might think it cruel of him, but it's his kid.

I think he was replying to my comment.

Your bannermen and how you handle them are a reflection of your own house. House Stark put an end to the Boltons flaying their victims, punished the Karstarks for murdering captives, and would not tolerate the Mormonts selling men into slavery. House Lannister completely annihilated House Tarbeck and House Reyne when they defied their liege lord.

I think that neither Stark nor Lannister would have taken any action against House Tarly for what Randyll did to Sam, but Stark would trust him less and Lannister would trust him more. Not that any of that matters.

I pretty much agree, except I'm not sure the liege lord would ever have to know. They would know that the older son of House Tarly went to the wall, and now the younger son is the heir of House Tarly, and that's that. I'm sure Ned Stark would disapprove of Randyll Tarly's actions if he knew about them, though, and would avoid trusting House Tarly insofar as he was able, and Tywin Lannister would see a strong and just lord who "did what he had to do."

Archived