Littlefinger and Sansa

Karo Vyrga

One of the most interesting relationships in FFC that drowns my mind with the possibilities.

It's clear that LF wants Sansa by way of how he loved Catelyn, but not as much as he wants power, i.e. the Iron Throne. He's given Sansa every reason to wish Robert Arryn dead; I can see her doing him in if he doesn't die as they expect. If Robert dies or is killed and Sansa goes through with the marriage thus getting support to restore Winterfell, she'd most definitely be in LF's pocket. Now how would LF win the south?

interesting thought there. i agreee LF is infatuated with sansa, and he hints at how much she looks like cat.

here's another...what if robert arryn turns out to be LF's son? did he and lysa get together before? and if little robert is LF's son, would baelish make his own son fly?

I think lemoncakes will play a big part in LF and Sansa's story. We're always told how it's Sansa's favorite and because of her it also became Robert's favorite. Maybe Sansa will be poisoned when she eats a lemoncake or she can be the poisoner.

I think that Sansa will play an important role in the future, and may even be the younger queen that Cersei is terrified of. I also think that LF, with all his scheming and lying, is honest about his love for Cat, and I can't believe that he only saved Sansa so as to manipulate her and win the throne for himself. Besides, he seems to share his plans with her and has succeeded in making her more sly and smart. If he wanted to take advantage of her, he could just leave her naive and silly. So for once, he may, well not be entirely innocent, but at least have a purer goal. As for Robert, I think that he won't die as they expect and that someone (Sansa or LF) may make the little boy...fly. Well, call me a terrible person, but I wouldn't be devastated if Sweetrobin went to find his mommy, thus clearing the way for Sansa to become the Queen she deserves to be. Finally, let's not forget that Petyr is the lord of Harrenhall, which is described as massive, though kinda haunted. With it, he may win back Riverrun, where he must be popular as Hoster's ward...and then sweet Cersei will not know where to hide :devil:

I think they have a disturbing relationship. I get the creepy uncle vibe from LF, I'm not sure if I'm alone on that one either. Honestly, i doubt the sincerity in anything that LF does. He may be infatuated with Sansa due to her likeness to her mother but I don't think that'll stop him from throwing her out a moon door if the need arises. I am curious to see where he ends up, since as Maria pointed out, he is the lord of Harrenhall and every lord ends up getting the stinky end of the stick. And to be honest, i think Little Robert Aryn's only enemy is time and poor genetics.

Littlefinger's motivations have always been tricky for me. I imagine looking at his arc by itself at the end of the series will be very interesting as he always seems to be planning 3 steps (or 2000 pages) ahead.

His current plan seems to be getting Sansa (and himself) back in charge of Winterfell. However, is that really his endgame? Does he just want that stronghold as a base in the north to amass power from? Is he even after control of the realm at all?

It has been made apparent that Cat was the one that got away for him. That must have something to do with his efforts in saving and protecting Sansa. Whether that will turn out well for her or not is not clear though. Is it possible that Littlefinger is Sansa AND Alayne's father? She doesn't seem to be a warg like the other kids and that could account for him helping her (though it would make the kissing creepier). :dunno:

As much as I like House Stark, I'd hate to see Sansa have anything tot do with its revival. She's proven to be materialistic by her desire to be queen so much that she tells Cersei of Lord Ned's plans to sneek them out of KL after he told her and Arya how dangerous the situation was. Arya, hurry up and go to Daenny, so you can put your sister out of her misery.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Cat's rejection of him could be one of the things that made him that way. I do think he genuinely loved her once. As for his relationship with Sansa, it's all sorts of creepy but I can't wait to see where it plays out from here.

Their relationship did intrigue me, and yes, creepy uncle vibes! It has made Sansa a lot more interesting, although I didn't have the grudge against her that some did! As far as Littlefinger goes I don't think he could kill her, would he really betray the memory of the woman he loved? (and yes I think he did, as has been said Catelyn's rejection probably played a large part in the formation of his character).

Littlefinger meets Stoneheart, now think where that could lead...

As for his relationship with Sansa, it's all sorts of creepy but I can't wait to see where it plays out from here.

This really disgusts me. He is taking advantage of a child that has nobody to protect her and is completely destitute. He has isolated her from the world, given her a new identity and made her totally dependent on him.

Their relationship did intrigue me, and yes, creepy uncle vibes! It has made Sansa a lot more interesting, although I didn't have the grudge against her that some did!

Yeah, I agree. I don't hold a grudge either. She was a child that made a stupid mistake because she was a little spoilt. But all the books are about characters that make mistakes, that's what makes them so real imho. Nobody is perfect, and I am hoping they start learning from their mistakes. Sansa should be given the same leeway as everyone else, especially because she was a child that came from such a sheltered life and had such a rosy view of the world. She has now had her rude awakening and understands life a bit better.

I don't think Littlefinger loves anyone but Littlefinger. Seriously, did he really ever love Cat?

Totally agree. I don't think he "loved" Cat.. I think he "wanted" Cat because he knew he was too lowborn to ever be a serious contender. Sansa is now even more alluring to him than Cat because she is more beautiful, and could be heir to more power.

Totally agree. I don't think he "loved" Cat.. I think he "wanted" Cat because he knew he was too lowborn to ever be a serious contender. Sansa is now even more alluring to him than Cat because she is more beautiful, and could be heir to more power.

Exactly my point! Thank you :). I agree with this because I think he always wants what he can't have. I have the suspicion that he somehow feels entitled. Anyway, the reason I seriously doubt that he had any feelings for Cat is the fact that I did not see him mourn her in any way.You would think losing the "love of his life" would have given him pause in his stupid game. I don't buy that his "saving" Sansa is because he loved Cat. He sent her Ser Dontos long before the events of the Red Wedding.

As much as I like House Stark, I'd hate to see Sansa have anything tot do with its revival. She's proven to be materialistic by her desire to be queen so much that she tells Cersei of Lord Ned's plans to sneek them out of KL after he told her and Arya how dangerous the situation was. Arya, hurry up and go to Daenny, so you can put your sister out of her misery.

Yes, that was a very stupid thing for her to do... and I'm actually glad they did not include that part in the HBO series. It took me a long time to not hate Sansa for that moronic act of betrayal. (For crying out loud, Queen Cersei killed your beloved direwolf you stupid @##$)

But having said that - Sansa seems to be growing out of that Paris Hilton sort of outlook on life. I'm actually glad her Princess story is still alive as it provides a nice counterbalance with Arya "The Terminator" story arc.

Archived