NFL Regular Season

Mexal

On the other hand, Sanchez won't be throwing against third string defensive backs every week.

After Orlando Scandrick and Mike Jenkins went down, they were playing their 4th, 5th, and 6th corners (Ball, McCann, and McCray) since the other starter Terence Newman was already out. They gave up the TD pass but somehow managed to shore it up and then got a huge stop when Jenkins came back. That is what is so maddening about the punt block and the Romo pick.

Still, I'm still heartened about a few things. The defense and that young offensive line played really well.

Dallas got ride of only half the problem when it let Wade Phillips go. Its still got Romo at QB. They are going to be mediocre at best until they decide to replace him.

I'll ask you what I ask everyone who says that. With who? Rodgers? Brady? Brees? I'm pretty sure they are unavailable. Andrew Luck? They'll have to lose 12 games or more to land him and despite losing by 3 to the Jets in New York, I don't think they'll lose that many games. ;)

Perhaps they are a perennial first round playoff loss at best with him. With him at QB they've gone 9-7, 13-3, 9-7, 11-5, and 6-10. 1-3 in the playoffs. I'd take that over a rookie QB who will take years to groom. In free agency you'll be lucky to get a Matt Schaub/Kevin Kolb caliber QB. Even in my anger right now I still take Romo over those two. To win a title in this league you need to either have an elite QB (Brady, P. Manning, Brees, Rodgers) or an elite defense with a good QB (E. Manning, Roethlisberger). I still think he's a good QB, maybe not as good as Big Ben but better than Eli. Rebuild the defense and the o-line in the next year or two and you still have Romo, Witten, and Ware in their primes.

I'll ask you what I ask everyone who says that. With who? Rodgers? Brady? Brees? I'm pretty sure they are unavailable. Andrew Luck? They'll have to lose 12 games or more to land him and despite losing by 3 to the Jets in New York, I don't think they'll lose that many games. ;)

Perhaps they are a perennial first round playoff loss at best with him. With him at QB they've gone 9-7, 13-3, 9-7, 11-5, and 6-10. 1-3 in the playoffs. I'd take that over a rookie QB who will take years to groom. In free agency you'll be lucky to get a Matt Schaub/Kevin Kolb caliber QB. Even in my anger right now I still take Romo over those two. To win a title in this league you need to either have an elite QB (Brady, P. Manning, Brees, Rodgers) or an elite defense with a good QB (E. Manning, Roethlisberger). I still think he's a good QB, maybe not as good as Big Ben but better than Eli. Rebuild the defense and the o-line in the next year or two and you still have Romo, Witten, and Ware in their primes.

The Cowboys have a lot of talent on the offensive side of the ball. You could very easily make the argument that they would be better off with a QB that put up less impressive fantasy numbers but doesn't fall to pieces every time he's in a pressure situation. The fumble trying to get into the end zone when a FG is basically as good as a TD was bad enough but his INT absolutely beggared belief. That moron Channing Crowder tweeted that he thought Romo was point shaving. I won't go that far but I can't understand what he's doing even looking Bryant's way when he can barely hobble down the field, let alone throwing it right to Revis.

Cromartie also had one of the best terrible games ever. Gets beat for 2 TDs and has perfect coverage on them both. If this guy could ever get physical with WRs he would be something special. It's pretty odd too because he's such a big guy and he's constantly getting out muscled by smaller WRs.

You could very easily make the argument that they would be better off with a QB that put up less impressive fantasy numbers but doesn't fall to pieces every time he's in a pressure situationYou could very easily make the argument that they would be better off with a QB that put up less impressive fantasy numbers but doesn't fall to pieces every time he's in a pressure situation
And to echo Trebla's question, who would that be? Jon Kitna, who doesn't fall apart in pressure situations because he doesn't have the talent to get his team there in the first place? Daunte Culpepper? Jeff George?

Where is this mythical game manager QB floating out in the ether that the Cowboys can just immediately sign and play?

The same argument was made about Cutler too - that Cutler isn't as good as Brady or manning and as long as Chicago doesn't have that stud QB they'll be in trouble. Well, okay...but so what? What is Chicago going to do about that? Not a whole lot that they can even do.

Archived