Football: A Dream of Defenders

The Iceman of the North

They might need to extend Match of the Day tonight. Sweet Jebus!

I've not seen the City match, but United's scoreline didn't flatter at all.

United were good but having said that Arsenal were absolutely terrible. Spurs weren't great but I'd say that City still had a far more difficult challenge.

The two Manchester clubs do look very strong...but that Arsenal team out there today was a joke- no midfield, no defence...they need new players badly. And they can't afford players like Wilshere, Vermaelen, Gervinho, Song missing out because they don't have the backup.

Don't know what happened with Spurs, didn't see the game but they shouldn't be losing 5-1 to City at home no matter how good City are.

Great weekend if you are a resident of Manchester, that is for sure. I don't have anything against City, but it was bad enough that MU won, much less clobbered Arsenal so badly.

My teams had a mixed weekend.

Blackburn should not have lost to Everton, but they did. Three losses, now; thank the deities it is still so early in the season.

Wolverhampton managed to tie, which, since it is not a loss, I will take it. If they stay in the league after this season, I will be happy.

Liverpool managed to win, so that was the good news.

One win, loss, and tie, respectively; so, balance, I suppose.

They might need to extend Match of the Day tonight. Sweet Jebus!

I've not seen the City match, but United's scoreline didn't flatter at all.

Apparently they can't extend MOTD, or even extend individual features on it due to rights issues. Ten minutes for ten goals in the MU-Arse match. :dunno:

I saw the City match and not the Arsenal-MU one. Spurs weren't terrible and could easily have scored a few more than they did. Their defence was so-so, but it doesn't sound like they were as appalling as Arsenal: City were just very, very together. Nasri slotted in like he'd been playing with the others for years, and Dzeko is unrecognisable from last year.

Van der Vaart, though...

I hope Welbeck's injury isn't too serious. He's quickly becoming a class act for us.

If he pulled his hamstring (which it looked like), it could be weeks.

I thought nothing would cheer me up after that defeat against City, but then Arsenal was defeated so spectacularly it made my day :cool4:

:thumbsup:

Of all the days...didn't see a bloody EPl game. :bang: On this occasion, football is most definitely better than sex.

So, United for the league, cup, the lot? And how far do we reckon City can push things? Bloody pretenders!

Archived