170 Pages left! Argh!

HunterTony

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

heh i guess i am seeing a similar effect... the level of immersion im getting so far into the AGoT, I can only compare it to the level I experience when playing TES games... whereas you often get good stuff elsewhere, but it all ends way too soon... but these books are so long that, well, it wont end too soon... :)

cant wait till i get to the end of DWD... and what I will do in the meantime after I finish? I will go on reading the Kingkiller Chronicles I got lined up here, and then probably start on Malazian book of the fallen... or maybe read more of Poe... who knows what future brings... and when it will look like new book in the series is about to come out, I will watch the series (as it seems to follow the book quite closely), maybe read some stuff to refresh my memory (as good as the books are, I dont feel like reading thousands of pages again ;)... and then off to the new instalment :)

anyways, to the "unexpected deaths" of characters... they arent always too unexpected, if you know how to look... and, am i the only one that likes The Others? cool zombies! :D

i have read thousands of books in the past 53 years but NONE HAVE EVER grabbed hold of me like this. I love the fact that i am in such good company. Truly addicting. i read thru the first 4 like a madwoman and have watched the series several times and have those AHA! moments. A subtle expression by Theon Greyjoy when we come upon the direwolf pups His disappointment when they are ordered not to be killed is one example. Just wait folks. This is literary CRACK. I read at work, when I got home from work, when i went to bed till 1 and 2 in the a.m. When the series ended, I went into hyper withdrawal, for real. I never go to the library, i buy and keep my books but went and borrowed AGOT and then ordered the entire set from Amazon. This site has been so wonderful. Solving so many things i did not catch or understand. I love the many interpretations and the Angelfire FAQ blew my mind. i was so proud that one incident I had figured out all by myself and had it confirmed. Had to make a chart along with the characters and houses at the back of the book, enlarged the map so i woulod refer to it after each chapter. I have started ADWD but need to go back to SOS, COK periodically cuz i was reading so fast and want to savor ADWD till book six comes out. Cant wait til April when Season 2 begins.

what set me on spark was actually an accident too... I talked to a girl over internet about LOTR and she said it was boring as hell, so I set myself up to a task of re-reading it in entirety in english this time, so I could "translate" her the awesome ideas in there... cos of work duties and all, it took me like three months to pop it, being the longest ever piece of literature I have read pretty much seamlessly (like 1100 pages of B-format, but font as small as in A-format AGOT books)...

around the time I started working at a bookstore, first days of course dedicated to getting to know what they sell there... and I found in myself a weird curiosity to check out cool looking THICK books... and there it was, a czech translation of A game of thrones (beautiful hardback) and A clash of kings (with I think Renly Baratheon in his green armor on cover)... in free time I checked stuff... later when I was to order some new kinds of books to the english section of the store, I decided to check on ASOIAF... we actually got all UK A-format books separately, so I bought A game of thrones, but didnt start reading it until I finished LOTR... and THEN the blue british set arrived, and I was like WOAH... and I got it... currently reading A game of thrones, almost finished, the print is awesome and clear to read... cant wait to get on Clash of Kings :)

but before that, I think I will get the HBO series a shot :)

btw hi and feel free to contact me at messenger and facebook and whatever :P

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the series are extremely addictive! I did not get far, I'm still on SoS, but I really have a hard time putting the book down! Since I was a child, I loved reading all kinds of books, but I never felt more attached to characters and story than I am now.

I also have to thank GRRM in advance, for failing my final year. It's totally worth it.

I regret nothing.

Very addictive reading for sure. Last night, I planned on reading one POV from aGoT (one hundred pages in my first re-read of the series) before bed... which of course turned into three before my eyes failed me and I began struggling to keep them open.

Archived