Season 2 arc endings? SPOILERS

DornishHighlander

So where do you think the individual story thread endings will be.

Arya: Escape from Harrenhall with Gendy & Hot Pie.

Sansa: Not entirely sure, maybe meeting Dontos with the promise of rescue.

Theon: Ramsay says hello.

Bran: The Godswood scene with Osha, the Reeds(hopefully) and Luwin - could be best single scene.

Robb: The Crag/Westerlings

Catelyn: Hearing of Winterfell releasing Jaime with Brienne.

Davos: The Island - leave it cliffhanger for tv audience if he is recused.

Tyrion: Convalescing maybe?

Dany: Hopeful fast forward to Unsullied although I could live with House of Undying or the bit at the port with Sorrowful Man, Arstan and BELWAS!!

Jon: This is easy, the fight with Halfhand and Jon dealing with "turning"

what do you guys think? Will there be more arcs introduced or have I got these wrong

Sansa: Not entirely sure, maybe meeting Dontos with the promise of rescue.

The scene with the Hound is the best final one to use, IMO.

Bran: The Godswood scene with Osha, the Reeds(hopefully) and Luwin - could be best single scene.

Yes, end with Maester's Lewin's death scene. That's awesome in the books.

Robb: The Crag/Westerlings

Catelyn: Hearing of Winterfell releasing Jaime with Brienne.

I think they should have Robb arresting Catelyn for releasing Jaime as the last scene of their arc. :crying: Alternatively if Jaime gets releasted a lot earlier, they could have Robb beheading Karstark as the final scene.

Davos: The Island - leave it cliffhanger for tv audience if he is recused.

I prefer this to him just disappearing in the battle. So, yes.

Tyrion: Convalescing maybe?

I think they should have all 3 seasons end with Tyrion having a "conversation" with his father. Have the injured Tyrion climbing the Tower of the hand and demanding his rights as heir to Casterly Rock, then being denied. Perfectly sets up his arc in the next series.

Dany: Hopeful fast forward to Unsullied although I could live with House of Undying or the bit at the port with Sorrowful Man, Arstan and BELWAS!!

My opinion is they should go one chapter in aSoS, and end with Jorah kissing Dany, would be a better cliffhanger IMO.

what do you guys think? Will there be more arcs introduced or have I got these wrong

Final scene:

The prologue of Book 3, ending with the horn signaling the Others attacking. Ooooooohhh ohhhhhhh OOoooooohhh....! And maybe a flash of a creepy zombie army and the Watch fleeing.

Jaime and Brienne:

End with Jaime and Brienne fighting in the woods, her winning, then being surrounded by Hoat's men. I am not sure if they should cut his hand off this season or not (IIRC that happens in the next chapter in aSoS).

when thinking about the endings of each character, we have to think about the overal story-arc for the character. It's also important to think about how season 3 will work for each of them.

Jon: joining the wildlings. His story will be great in the second half of the season, hopefully :)

Arya: espace from Harrenhall. (it won't be easy to make her storyline interesting and meaningful, I think they should expand Jaqen's character quite a bit)

Theon: burning of Winterwell. Great story arc here.

Bran: leaving Winterefell. His storyline will be a tad boring, honestly, but the last scene should be beautiful.

Sansa: huge problem here, since her storyline is virtually non-existant in this season :S I can't really think about a good ending scene for her.

Dany: I'm not sure if they should end her story with Astapor. It would be a GREAT ending, but she would have NOTHING to do in Season 3! (maybe that's a good thing, there are plenty of things happening in Season 3!). The other option would be to play with Jorah-Dany as much as possible, with new scenes in Qarth, and end with the resolution to go to Slaver's Bay.

Robb: I strongly believe that they should end his story with his wedding.

Cat/Jaime: mmmm, I really don't know what the hell are they going to do with Jaime, so I can't really say.

Tyrion/Davos: I think they should end their storylines with the battle. The Tyrion-Tywin confontration MUST be at the beginning of Season 3 (if they pretend to end the season with Tyrion killing his father).

And finally, they should definately end the season with the Others attacking/Sam's storyline.

Here's the way I think would flow best in the episode. The first half of the episode deals with the immediate aftermath of the Blackwater and the new status quo in the War of the Five Kings:

• Stannis: Opens with Stannis defeated, disgraced, returning to Dragonstone where we get the reveal that he didn't bring Mel to the fight. Invented scene where Melisandre tells Stannis "Now haven't you learned not to doubt me?" or something like that, she assures him that it's not over for him yet.
  • King's Landing: Triumphant ceremony where Tywin, Littlefinger, and Marg get their rewards, as Sansa is released from her betrothal to Joffrey. Joffrey cuts himself on the throne and freaks out.
  • Robb: Gets news of the battle's outcome. We learn his plan was to lure Tywin west so Stannis could take King's Landing, he says how stupid Edmure is. At the end he says "my wife will be coming back to Riverrun" with me or something -- we will have seen him and Jeyne have sex in a prior episode, but this is the reveal that they are married.
  • Catelyn: Locked up in Riverrun. Edmure tells her how stupid she is for releasing Jaime. They've lost the battle and they've lost their last bargaining chip.
  • Jaime: Wild and free in the Riverlands with Brienne. This would be mainly banter, leaving the heavy stuff for next season.
  • Davos: Washes up on an island, Castaway-style.
  • Tyrion: Wakes up, disfigured. Bronn tells him Tywin has taken Hand, that the credit for the victory went to everyone but him.
  • Sansa: At night, meets Dontos in the godswood, and he gives her the hairnet and says she'll escape on Joffrey's wedding night.

The second half of the episode focuses solely on Dany, Jon, Arya, and Theon/Bran:

• Dany: Assassination attempt, meets Arstan, ships.
  • Jon: On the run in the cold with Qhorin, promises to kill him.
  • Theon: Parleys with Rodrik. The Boltons arrive with their flayed man banner.
  • Arya: Arya and Roose Bolton at Harrenhal. Roose makes his comments about "The King Who Lost The North."
  • Theon: Boltons kill Rodrik's men. Ramsay reveals himself, betrays Theon, orders Winterfell burned and everyone there killed.
  • Arya: Cut to Roose andthe flayed man banner at Harrenhal. Arya wisely decides it's time to leave, escapes with Gendry & Hot Pie.
  • Dany: Dany sets sail and names her ships after the dragons of old.
  • Jon: Kills Qhorin and joins the wildlings.
  • Bran: Revealed to be alive. Same final scene as the book.

The prologue of Book 3, ending with the horn signaling the Others attacking. Ooooooohhh ohhhhhhh OOoooooohhh....! And maybe a flash of a creepy zombie army and the Watch fleeing.

This would be cool, but I like that ACOK ends on a relatively optimistic note. Luwin dies and Winterfell burns, but Bran and Rickon are revealed to be alive. Personally I think it would be great to move up Jojen's line "The wolves will come again" and make it the last line of the season. Inspiring ending.

Robb: I strongly believe that they should end his story with his wedding.

Cat/Jaime: mmmm, I really don't know what the hell are they going to do with Jaime, so I can't really say.

We know that Jaime will be released sometime mid-late season, because the showrunners already confirmed that a couple of Jaime chaptersd will be brought up to S2. So unless they change timelines quite a bit, Robb's wedding won't be the last scene as it occurs before Catelyn and Brienne even return to Riverrun. He marries the damn girl the day after they have sex, IIRC. :tantrum:

Tyrion/Davos: I think they should end their storylines with the battle. The Tyrion-Tywin confontration MUST be at the beginning of Season 3 (if they pretend to end the season with Tyrion killing his father).

We know the battle happens in ep 9. Therefore, the final episode must be the denoument from the battle. It would seem wrong not to include a scene with Male Lead Tyrion in the final episode, and I think one with Tywin has by far the best Dramatic potential.

We know that Jaime will be released sometime mid-late season, because the showrunners already confirmed that a couple of Jaime chaptersd will be brought up to S2. So unless they change timelines quite a bit, Robb's wedding won't be the last scene as it occurs before Catelyn and Brienne even return to Riverrun. He marries the damn girl the day after they have sex, IIRC. :tantrum:

They can easily change that. Robb's story must have an ending this season, and the wedding is the logical point, I think.

Here's the way I think would flow best in the episode. The first half of the episode deals with the immediate aftermath of the Blackwater and the new status quo in the War of the Five Kings:

This would be cool, but I like that ACOK ends on a relatively optimistic note. Luwin dies and Winterfell burns, but Bran and Rickon are revealed to be alive. Personally I think it would be great to move up Jojen's line "The wolves will come again" and make it the last line of the season. Inspiring ending.

I forgot about that, that line would be awesome. If they don't have the Reeds what if it's Luwin's epitaph before Osha gives him the gift, then fades to the boys followed by the wolves out of the godswood.

I dunno, I think the book-Sansa ending is fine. Joffrey breaks his betrothal with her, she's all happy, and then Dontos scares the shit out of her again.

Perhaps a good addition will be the hairnet and discussion of her getting out after the wedding though.

Question. Why do people keep saying that Bran and Rickon are 'revealed' to be alive in the final chapter? Anybody who hadn't figured it out before that is plain stupid. Theon pretty much spells it out for you about 150 pages beforehand.

Most of these I agree with,though I think they should have Davos see the ship nearby. He'll have to be talking to himself out loud, which will only further prove how out of it he is. He'll note to himself that he doesn't have the strength to swim there, and that there are all sorts of obstacles (Chunks of ships or rocks or whatever) and that he deserves to die anyways. Then he changes his mind and kinda flops into the water. He tries to swim, can't. Shouts for help. He can barely yell. He tries to swim farther, and starts to sink below the water. Leave as cliffhanger.

Question. Why do people keep saying that Bran and Rickon are 'revealed' to be alive in the final chapter? Anybody who hadn't figured it out before that is plain stupid. Theon pretty much spells it out for you about 150 pages beforehand.

I didn't figure it out. I mean, I wasn't certain they were dead but I definitely did not pick up on any hints and I was definitely in suspense until I heard Roy Dotrice say "BRAN" in his final chapter.

I also didn't figure out the unsullied thing until it happened - a lot of people claim they called that.

Or that Robb was doomed.

Or that Ned would die.

Or R+L=J.

And I don't consider myself stupid, thanks though.

I didn't figure it out. I mean, I wasn't certain they were dead but I definitely did not pick up on any hints and I was definitely in suspense until I heard Roy Dotrice say "BRAN" in his final chapter.

I also didn't figure out the unsullied thing until it happened - a lot of people claim they called that.

Or that Robb was doomed.

Or that Ned would die.

Or R+L=J.

And I don't consider myself stupid, thanks though.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I just meant, with plenty of other stuff, such as Renly/Loras, R+L=J, ect ect, it's much easier to miss it. There are hints but there aren't necessarily hints. The Bran and Rickon thing were so obvious, the only parallel I could make was if the text had said, "Last week, Renly and Loras were naked in a room together for hours." Sure, it wouldn't have come right out and said they were gay, but by that point it's pretty obvious.

I didn't pick up on the Unsullied, myself. I was sitting there thinking, "Holy shit, Dany, you're stupid you're stupid don't give him a dragon!". I accidentally spoiled myself about Ned's death and someone told me about Renly/Loras before it was obvious so I'm not sure. My friend told me about R+L=J when I was reading the first book and I thought he was retarded. So then it was easy to spot, but before that I definitely didn't notice. I wasn't claiming to have known every twist before it happened, but I honestly...the Bran thing was just so obvious.

Well it's still a "reveal" considering Bran's POV has been missing for some time. But I said it that way because in the book it's "revealed" in Theon's thoughts. The question is, does the show change some of Theon's revelatory thoughts about the miller's kids into dialogue, to throw big obvious hints to the viewer that they're alive? They could go either way, though I personally think they won't. I imagine that they will show the escape, then show Theon looking for them ending with Reek presenting Theon with Bran's brooch and speaking ominously that they're in that house down there. Later, horrible scene with Theon presenting two flayed dead kids (yes, I think they'll show this, though the camera won't linger). Later, Catelyn, Robb, and King's Landing all get the news, very sad scenes. And Bran won't appear again until the final scene of the series.

Well it's still a "reveal" considering Bran's POV has been missing for some time. But I said it that way because in the book it's "revealed" in Theon's thoughts. The question is, does the show change some of Theon's revelatory thoughts about the miller's kids into dialogue, to throw big obvious hints to the viewer that they're alive? They could go either way, though I personally think they won't. I imagine that they will show the escape, then show Theon looking for them ending with Reek presenting Theon with Bran's brooch and speaking ominously that they're in that house down there. Later, horrible scene with Theon presenting two flayed dead kids (yes, I think they'll show this, though the camera won't linger). Later, Catelyn, Robb, and King's Landing all get the news, very sad scenes. And Bran won't appear again until the final scene of the series.

Yeah, I think they'll do it that way too. The question was to comments I've seen on these boards all the time. I just chose now to ask it. I think they'll play up a bit that Theon is killing all the soldiers that were around, though. Maybe give him a scene where he's having bad dreams about the miller's wife or something. I don't think they'll 'kill' Bran and Rickon without atleast some hints they're alive. Killing off children is taboo, especially ones that you've grown attached to for two years.

Archived